im i the only one worried that the system is gonna be delayed till 2014?

#21Ramsus082Posted 9/3/2013 6:59:30 PM
Man, I miss that game. And games with mechs still have yet to make their designs have any sort of personalization. One of the coolest parts of Xenogears was seeing an NPC get introduced and waiting to see how crazy-personalized their gear was to them, from name to design. Fei was Weltall. Citan was Fenrir. Those were theirs. Mech games these days just don't have any sort of sentimentality, or even sense of identity attached to the pilot or player. The ArmoredCore series does this to a degree, where it feels like an actual extension of the pilot rather than a random vehicle some guy is in, but mechs feeling personalized to the player has yet to be a wide-spread quirk, and it makes all the difference to me in the medium.

I think it's a Japanese thing, honestly. The genre is a lot more popular over there, and the result are super-stylized games and manga that feature them.
#22falkedupPosted 9/3/2013 7:01:16 PM
Major Nelson confirmed that every x1 game at gamescom was running on completely finished production hardware
#23BudWisenheimerPosted 9/3/2013 7:04:12 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
95_Eclipse posted...

You just explained to yourself why its referenced.

Did I? I pointed out that some people are trying to prove the XboxOne isn't rushed, by comparing it's schedule to one of the most rushed consoles in history. That was my point.

When the comparison is officially hearing November in September(360) vs. officially hearing November in June(Xbox One) I don't think that's evidence the console is as "rushed" as the 360. Especially if the official statement today about the shipments being greater by a "wide margin" are true. And that will probably be a (dis)provable statement after launch.
#24A_Someone_ElsePosted 9/3/2013 7:04:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#25Foxx3kPosted 9/3/2013 7:09:45 PM
A_Someone_Else posted...
I believe Xbox One is coming out November 19.

It's bizarre that Watch dogs is coming to PS4 on the 19th instead of launch

It seems like typical Xbox bullcrap to pressure Ubisoft into waiting so PS4 can't get it first.

The "release date" of Watch Dogs on all platforms is November 19th...
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#26A_Someone_ElsePosted 9/3/2013 7:13:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#27BudWisenheimerPosted 9/3/2013 7:14:07 PM
Foxx3k posted...
A_Someone_Else posted...
I believe Xbox One is coming out November 19.

It's bizarre that Watch dogs is coming to PS4 on the 19th instead of launch

It seems like typical Xbox bullcrap to pressure Ubisoft into waiting so PS4 can't get it first.

The "release date" of Watch Dogs on all platforms is November 19th...

I think people have been latching onto this rumor for a while (even shareholders apparently) is because of this:

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-watch-dogs-bundle/110055
#28Ramsus082Posted 9/3/2013 7:27:14 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...

When the comparison is officially hearing November in September(360) vs. officially hearing November in June(Xbox One) I don't think that's evidence the console is as "rushed" as the 360.

I don't think it means that either, but I think it's strange to use the X360's schedule as evidence against the XboxOne being rushed, and I keep seeing this point come up

It's one thing to say "The XboxOne has been announced as having a November launch since June", and another to say "The XboxOne probably won't be rushed, here, let's look at the schedule of the last rushed console to prove it". The former is making a case based on it's own merits, the latter is completely ignoring how unforgivably rushed the X360 was and citing it as proof that as long as we get a release date announced prior to the X360's schedule, it means it's not rushed. That's just strange. There's plenty evidence to make a case that the XboxOne is not being rushed, but comparing it to the X360's schedule isn't one of them.
#29Ramsus082Posted 9/3/2013 7:28:47 PM
falkedup posted...
Major Nelson confirmed that every x1 game at gamescom was running on completely finished production hardware

Did he? I heard a rumour that even Titanfall was being played on a PC, with an XboxOne controller. Was he lying/mistaken, or was the rumour not true?
#3095_EclipsePosted 9/3/2013 7:48:04 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Man, I miss that game. And games with mechs still have yet to make their designs have any sort of personalization. One of the coolest parts of Xenogears was seeing an NPC get introduced and waiting to see how crazy-personalized their gear was to them, from name to design. Fei was Weltall. Citan was Fenrir. Those were theirs. Mech games these days just don't have any sort of sentimentality, or even sense of identity attached to the pilot or player. The ArmoredCore series does this to a degree, where it feels like an actual extension of the pilot rather than a random vehicle some guy is in, but mechs feeling personalized to the player has yet to be a wide-spread quirk, and it makes all the difference to me in the medium.

I think it's a Japanese thing, honestly. The genre is a lot more popular over there, and the result are super-stylized games and manga that feature them.

Yeah, it was an amazing game. The music was epic too o.o (Speaking of which, I always try to point my fellow Xenogears likers to this vid I made : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvKC56tK2JA which is the Midi version of small two of pieces, that was non existent on youtube, and I felt that was a crime o.o )

The story, was so open yet closed, you could take so many things differently than someone else. I mean, I beat the game when I was like 13 for the first time, then I beat it again 10 years later, and it was amazing how I loved the game just as much, but noticed a lot different things, and tied things to real life so much differently.

I also always loved how some random NPC in a far off back room could give you another piece to the story you hadn't even considered, instead of the normal pointless crap you'd usually get.

I absolutely love that game. And I miss games like that being made. Maybe the indie scene blowing up will bring some old school style RPGs back. That would be awesome.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.