Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare Price, Details Revealed. Actually sounds fun.

#1zerooo0Posted 9/3/2013 3:42:47 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/03/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-price-details-revealed

PopCap revealed to ShackNews today that Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare will launch for $39.99 on Xbox One, and $29.99 on Xbox 360 and PC. It will be available digitally, or as a physical disc in retail stores.

Garden Warfare will be multiplayer-only, with DLC and updates to follow post-launch. A PopCap spokesperson confirmed to IGN that the following three main game types will be included:

24 player multiplayer game modes
4 player online co-op game modes
2 play split screen co-op for Xbox One only

Within each mode, players will also be able to jump into Boss Mode, the SmartGlass-enabled mode that EA detailed at Gamescom last week.

PopCap also showed off a few examples of how players can customize the basic soldier zombie, showing off three potential layouts (the General, Commando and Snowtrooper), which you can check out below.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare will be a timed exclusive on Xbox One. Look out for more details in the weeks leading up to its launch, and be sure to find out even more about Garden Warfare in our interview with EA Labels president Frank Gibeau.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It actually sounds like it can be fun, & the $40 price point is actually nice. Also it has Split screen Co-Op.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#2NCPwnPosted 9/3/2013 3:51:39 PM
Yea, I was interested in this, but i'll probably just get it on my PC.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#3WTFNightmarePosted 9/3/2013 3:59:56 PM
Looks good but only 4 player online =/? Shoulda been a legit 6v6 atleast
---
Better Games. Better Online. Better Controller. Xbox One > Ps4
Future Owner of Xbox One, Ps4, and Wii u
#4NewMoonShadowPosted 9/3/2013 4:00:02 PM
zerooo0 posted...
Garden Warfare will be multiplayer-only, with DLC and updates to follow post-launch.

This is gonna be the XBox One's big contribution to gaming isn't it? Because their first attempt at a multiplayer-only game went SO WELL (Shadowrun)
#5Foxx3kPosted 9/3/2013 4:01:36 PM
WTFNightmare posted...

It's 12v12, what are you talking about?

Also, when's the release date? I think it looks okay. I thought it was co-op only, so I'm glad to hear there's competitive MP.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#6BudWisenheimerPosted 9/3/2013 4:03:05 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
This is gonna be the XBox One's big contribution to gaming isn't it? Because their first attempt at a multiplayer-only game went SO WELL (Shadowrun)

Those two sentences seem completely incongruent with or without the sarcasm.
#7zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 4:03:18 PM
WTFNightmare posted...

Did you even read the article?
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#8Special-EddPosted 9/3/2013 4:37:25 PM
A little bit upset about the 10 dollar difference for the Xbox One but I still want the game. It might be a PC buy if not many people get it on my friends list.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#9GuardianShadow0Posted 9/3/2013 7:28:02 PM
multiplayer only

All interest lost. PvZ2 on iOS was said to be terrible since you had to pay for almost everything. At least I still enjoy the first one.
---
Killer of Topics
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RYXYmYq3kWc
#106speednissanPosted 9/4/2013 4:59:58 PM
GuardianShadow0 posted...
multiplayer only

All interest lost. PvZ2 on iOS was said to be terrible since you had to pay for almost everything. At least I still enjoy the first one.

Yes the second one sucks compared to the first. In app purchases are optional, but the game practically shoves them down your throat. I can imagine this game will be the same. It should be $19.99 tops.