So that whole localization thing

#1BelberithPosted 9/3/2013 5:15:13 PM
Albert Penello confirmed that there are no yield issues with the console when he discussed the clock boost, so I assume its just an issue of supply and that's why they cut those 8 other countries from getting the launch consoles.

I assume the demand they had to meet was too high considering they're going into production now and they wanted to just meet the amount they needed in core areas.

One a side note remember this little gem from Penello

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/xbox-bigwig-hardware-specs-don-t-matter-because-it-s-not-1990--1162653
#2SORS_IMMANISPosted 9/3/2013 5:17:21 PM
Belberith posted...
Albert Penello confirmed that there are no yield issues

Claimed there are no yield issues. Do you honestly believe Microsoft would be honest if they were having trouble producing consoles that worked? Lmao...
#3Belberith(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 6:24:57 PM
SORS_IMMANIS posted...
Belberith posted...

Claimed there are no yield issues. Do you honestly believe Microsoft would be honest if they were having trouble producing consoles that worked? Lmao...

That's not a bad point, but still I'll take his word.
#4Ramsus082Posted 9/3/2013 6:43:37 PM
We're just splitting hairs, here. Microsoft cut their launch territories because they can't make enough XboxOne's, for whatever reason, to meet demand. Whether that's yields, overheating, etc. doesn't really matter. The problem is that it's not just a case of "everyone in the world wants an XboxOne, we can't POSSIBLY make enough! This is good!" because we don't live in a vacuum; their competitor is shipping more units in more territorries with much higher demand for their product. So whatever the issues Microsoft is having, it's clear they couldn't meet their own targets for launch or they wouldn't have revised them in the first place, and that in no way could be a good thing.

Don't hold out for an official confirmation on this, there couldn't possibly be a good reason to expect them to come out and admit it, when honestly the best thing they could possibly say about the situation is "Sorry, everybody wants a piece of this, but not everyone can get one!" instead of the silly localization excuse.
#5TyrannicalPosted 9/3/2013 11:02:19 PM
SORS_IMMANIS posted...
Belberith posted...

If they had yield issues they wouldn't have boosted the cpu and gpu clock by about 10%.
---
Australian customs: Do you have a criminal record?
Me: I didn't think you needed one anymore.