Xbox One now in full production with CPU boost

#61magemaximusPosted 9/4/2013 1:51:52 AM
My personal story:

My PS1 never died. The disc reader (?) for my PS2 died on me. By the time that happened though, I got an Xbox, so I wasn't playing on my PS2 anymore. I dunno if I could have repaired it, but I was in middle school at the time and so I didn't bother. I still have my 20GB 360 from 2006. It has died on me twice, but it was still under warranty, so I got it repaired for free both times. I dunno if MS launched better models in the summer of their release year, but if they did, maybe that is why my 360 still works. I got this 320GB PS3 in 2011 and it still works. I think it is one of the newer models, so it has even less problems than the previous ones. I mean the chances of it dying are really low methinks.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
#62AFreebyPosted 9/4/2013 1:55:51 AM(edited)
pacmanreborn88 posted...
no. you got caught and now you don't want to admit that those numbers most likely are wrong.

No, you're being lazy. I will now explain how to get an average for both systems since you seem to be unable to do it yourself.

1. Google system failures for ps2, then do the same for 360.

2. Go into each topic that appears on that first page that has to do specifically with that issue, whether it be a message board, an article by a game site, a poll, ect...

3. Make a note of every time someone or an article mentions they had a system failure. Give each note a 1, also give a note to those saying their system has yet to fail, and give them a -1

4. Repeat step 1, but instead google re-purchase rates for PS2 and 360, returns of PS2 and 360, ect... And then do the other two steps as well for each relevant topic on those pages.

5. Average all of 1 and -1 from each search, and then apply the average to the total number of consoles sold for both PS2 and 360. (You will have to reduce their numbers to find the averages, as you can obviously not interview everyone who purchased said systems)

6. Profit!!!

Now I never said in my first post that this was 100% fact, but that you can come up with a reasonable average, that most likely correlates with the entire system user base as whole. That being said, using the above steps, I got an average failure rate for the PS2 at an 8.6%, which falls in line with what I said of a 6-10% failure rate. I said 6-10% because I am aware this is not a 100% factual average, but like I said, it is strong enough that we can assume it would correlate across the entire user base.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Official Dark Emperor Mundus of the DmC board
#63pacmanreborn88Posted 9/4/2013 2:17:53 AM
AFreeby posted...
pacmanreborn88 posted...
no. you got caught and now you don't want to admit that those numbers most likely are wrong.

No, you're being lazy. I will now explain how to get an average for both systems since you seem to be unable to do it yourself.

2. Go into each topic that appears on that first page that has to do specifically with that issue, whether it be a message board, an article by a game site, a poll, ect...

3. Make a note of every time someone or an article mentions they had a system failure. Give each note a 1, also give a note to those saying their system has yet to fail, and give them a -1

4. Repeat step 1, but instead google re-purchase rates for PS2 and 360, returns of PS2 and 360, ect... And then do the other two steps as well for each relevant topic on those pages.

5. Average all of 1 and -1 from each search, and then apply the average to the total number of consoles sold for both PS2 and 360. (You will have to reduce their numbers to find the averages, as you can obviously not interview everyone who purchased said systems)

6. Profit!!!

Now I never said in my first post that this was 100% fact, but that you can come up with a reasonable average, that most likely correlates with the entire system user base as whole. That being said, using the above steps, I got an average failure rate for the PS2 at an 8.6%, which falls in line with what I said of a 6-10% failure rate. I said 6-10% because I am aware this is not a 100% factual average, but like I said, it is strong enough that we can assume it would correlate across the entire user base.

dude that is not a reasonable average. like i said earlier your numbers are way off. look at your steps. look at all the holes in them.

the ps2 came out in 2000. s*** wasnt getting tracked like it was in 2005+. 360 had the rrod boom and everyone was complainin about it and more voices were heard because of how much easier media access is when compared to 2000.

you have some guy on his alt jamie lanister or whatever that is making stuff up to skew the numbers. add in guys like that from all over the net and you have even more off numbers. like gameinformer for example taking a poll from its readers and coming up with the 54% failure rate for the 360. some other sites or whatever have said 27 something % or 30 and others more or less. you don't even have any info like that with the ps2 because that stuff wasn't out in the open like that for everyone to have access too. no one but sony paid close attention to that stuff back then. now everyone is looking at failure rate for consoles because of competition between sony and ms.

steps 1 and 2 are again messin you up. this is gonna keep goin back and forth. it's all just inaccurate estimations. the only people who know the actual failure rate are sony and ms and they are never going to release that information.

you did get an average though from what your steps are so thats good but i wouldn't put any weight on it. message too long so i cut stuff out.

going to sleep. peace.
---
#teamxboxwon
#64gameboybrycePosted 9/4/2013 2:18:38 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
So "rushed" is the new troll throw-around word? Just trying to keep track of the nonsense...

When you announce that your first party game, Forza, has to receive a day one patch to finish the complete the game then something is surely wrong with this situation. So it's pretty reasonable for people to feel the system is feeling rushed when every other week we're hearing that this feature is "coming at a later date" or "will be improved on later on" or "only available for certain groups of people right now." And a majority of these are all touted system sellers at that. Let's not add the rumors of production issues and the fact that they're still changing their console even now.

catzrul2002 posted...
I have never even HEARD of this DRE thing for the PS2 before the Xbox One was announced.

I was in high school 1st year when the PS2 launched, nearly everyone in my year got it, and NO-ONE in the next 6 years said their PS2 broke. Over 100 still working PS2s...

So I'm calling utter BS on PS2 failure rate.

I've heard of disc readers failing but never to the extent Xbox supporters are making it out to be. It's really sad.
---
This board has become a haven for Sony trolls, you have no idea what it is like going to sleep each night punching your pillow furiously.~TrashBoat
LMAO
#65Millertime660Posted 9/4/2013 2:30:29 AM
gameboybryce posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
So "rushed" is the new troll throw-around word? Just trying to keep track of the nonsense...

When you announce that your first party game, Forza, has to receive a day one patch to finish the complete the game then something is surely wrong with this situation. So it's pretty reasonable for people to feel the system is feeling rushed when every other week we're hearing that this feature is "coming at a later date" or "will be improved on later on" or "only available for certain groups of people right now." And a majority of these are all touted system sellers at that. Let's not add the rumors of production issues and the fact that they're still changing their console even now.

catzrul2002 posted...
I have never even HEARD of this DRE thing for the PS2 before the Xbox One was announced.

I was in high school 1st year when the PS2 launched, nearly everyone in my year got it, and NO-ONE in the next 6 years said their PS2 broke. Over 100 still working PS2s...

So I'm calling utter BS on PS2 failure rate.

I've heard of disc readers failing but never to the extent Xbox supporters are making it out to be. It's really sad.

hey bryce are you getting an xbox one by chance?
#66TantrumBullPosted 9/4/2013 3:19:36 AM
Still remember those over heating ps1 models that came out and having to get mine replaced a few times because of it. >_<
---
For what ever reason G_gglypuff completely forgot Ninja Gaiden Black is an Xbox game even though I told him it is and even told him I have it. >_<
#67DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/4/2013 7:16:20 AM
AFreeby posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
Uh... people are delusional about DRE issues being under 50%.

I know the shops in China that sell and fix PS2s and back in those days, 70% of the launch consoles were expected to have a dead laser. The rest were people who were probably too lazy to come in. Every store model PS2 from launch would fail and that was just a fact of life for any store owners. It was just a matter of how long. A few months? A few years? The PS2 died with regular use. There was no way around it. The only people who had working PS2s were people who barely gamed and barely watched movies. Basically, don't use it.

I personally had 3 dead PS2s and Sony did nothing about it.

And that is a blatant lie. Of 16 people, friends and myself included, who own original PS2 models, only 2 of us have lost a system to DREs, even to this date. I also owned over 160 games for the PS2, and gamed nearly everyday on it for it's prime lifetime. While I can't use myself and my friends own personal experiences to do a massive poll regarding failures, since our numbers are so low, if what you said was true then it would be likely that at least 4-8 of our systems would have died at this point. Hell, I just played King of Fighters 11 on my old PS2 just 2 days ago.

This is like the same people who say they have launch 360's and so does their friends. You sample rate is a fraction of that of game shops. Of all my friends who had a launch PS2 (which is well over 40 people, many of whom I sold PS2s to) the only persons who have not broken them are the non-gamers who bought one and rarely use them.

This is also common knowledge in Asia where repair centres deal in high volumes. Its not difficult information to obtain. You'd get your face laughed off if you ever walked into a repair shop where its just wall to wall PS2s where they fix more than half of what they sell and say "hey lol, PS2 is reliable, I know because my friends!"
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H