Does it really matter? PS4 vs XboxONE?

#1F50_CaliberPosted 9/3/2013 7:00:19 PM
Most of us who are willing to use our time to write about the differences of console are hard core gamers.....The point I want to make it that eventually us, hard core gamers, will buy both consoles.

Ps4 will dominate for the first 1-2 years then those Sony fanboys will see Titanfall, Gears of War, Forza, and halo. XBL will still be proven as the best online (maybe). Then they will buy an XboxOne because we are gamers and we will enjoy both.

XboxOne will lose the first 2-3 years then a consistent stream of games will be out. The library will build up for both consoles and hard core gamers will buy the PS4 as well. God of War, Uncharted, Killzone, TLoU.

In my opinion though. The XboxONE is more suited for the long haul considering it will appeal to the casual gamers. Moms and Dads will buy little johnny and little Susie an xboxONE with kinect. The NFL is associated with Microsoft. Its an American company that makes softer games rather than super aggressive strange Japanese games. The price point will be a benefit because we assume more money=more value.

I will post this both on Xbox and PS message boards.
#2The_NightwingPosted 9/3/2013 7:02:38 PM
I really don't care about most of Xbox's exclusives.
Some of them caught my interest, but I'm not going to buy a console anytime soon for only a small handful of exclusives.
#3F50_Caliber(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 7:05:54 PM
Eventually the influx of XBO/PS4 games will push you to a new console.
#4AFreebyPosted 9/3/2013 7:08:39 PM
I've been gaming since 1986 and I have never bought a MS system. Could I have? Of course, but most of their games I find uninteresting (they do have a gem every once in a while, though), and I dislike the company. I find it more likely that your average hardcore gamer only buy two console systems. One primary, and one backup. That being the likely scenario in most generations, most gamers are going to buy 2 systems that are as different as possible in gaming experiences. That would either be PS4 and WiiU, or Xbone and WiiU. PS4 and WiiU is what I'm going with, but that is no surprise, since I have owned every Sony and Nintendo home console. This generation won't change that.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Official Dark Emperor Mundus of the DmC board
#5F50_Caliber(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 7:10:02 PM
Your an old dog that cant be taught new tricks lol.
#6F50_Caliber(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 7:12:13 PM
Most gamers last generation bought both the xbox 360 and ps3. Previous generations do not even apply to the new and improved gaming industry. This is on a whole new level. Most people bought the Wii as well. There's no reason the think this next gen. will be any different.
#7Soar2344Posted 9/3/2013 7:13:13 PM
To fanboys, yes

To average gamers, lol no
---
Official Latios of the Pokemon X and Y board
#8Ramsus082Posted 9/3/2013 7:13:15 PM
In my opinion though. The XboxONE is more suited for the long haul considering it will appeal to the casual gamers. Moms and Dads will buy little johnny and little Susie an xboxONE with kinect.

It's over-priced and under-powered compared to the competition, that means a hell of a lot to the average, casual gamer. The Moms and Dads will probably buy the cheaper console, without even realizing it's graphical components are going to age better. Besides, the casual crowd will generally follow the hardcore crowd(Wii not withstanding), and we have some idea of where they're heading.
#9F50_Caliber(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 7:16:54 PM
The power difference will be barely noticeable. Most popular games are multiplatform. The power of PS4 is vastly over rated. Never underestimate an uneducated casual crowd. Especially when children are involved. This generation of kids like Naruto...............my point exactly.
#10fallangePosted 9/3/2013 7:18:12 PM
AFreeby posted...
I've been gaming since 1986 and I have never bought a MS system. Could I have? Of course, but most of their games I find uninteresting (they do have a gem every once in a while, though), and I dislike the company. I find it more likely that your average hardcore gamer only buy two console systems. One primary, and one backup. That being the likely scenario in most generations, most gamers are going to buy 2 systems that are as different as possible in gaming experiences. That would either be PS4 and WiiU, or Xbone and WiiU. PS4 and WiiU is what I'm going with, but that is no surprise, since I have owned every Sony and Nintendo home console. This generation won't change that.

Quick question, if the Xbox has never interested you and you find its games uninteresting, why do you hang out in this board?
When something doesn't interest me, I try to keep away from it and anything related to it.
---
have you heard the news?
the dogs are dead!