dont know why people complain about release date so much

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. dont know why people complain about release date so much
2 years ago#1
when Nintendo announced the wiiu date 1 month before it came out and nobody was complaining
---
PSN=bigmikevgw Xbox live = mike vgw sr 3ds =3780-9018-6461. my pc sli 690 32gb ram intel i7 3770
(message deleted)
2 years ago#3
2 months.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
2 years ago#4
If we assume both consoles are going to launch in November, I don't really see why it matters. Neither is going to be readily available for walk-ins around launch, and nobody gets an idea for which console they want to buy, then settles for the other one because it's out of stock at the moment. Certainly not to any meaningful degree.

So no, I don't understand why it matters so much either.
2 years ago#5
AwayFromHere posted...
So, E3 2011 was one month before September 2012?

WiiU was announced September 13th for a November 18th release. So two months. And it certainly wasn't rushed.
2 years ago#6
Sorry I thought it was 1 month
---
PSN=bigmikevgw Xbox live = mike vgw sr 3ds =3780-9018-6461. my pc sli 690 32gb ram intel i7 3770
2 years ago#7
I'll play devil's advocate.

1. When the competitor has already announced theirs, people get nervous. They think that no release date indicates that something is wrong.

2. Money. Not everyone has the scratch laying around to plop down on a console that easily. Many people have to budget and plan their money accordingly. Having a date helps them with that.

3. People get excited. They like to have a date in their mind because not knowing is always worse than knowing, even if knowing is bad (in this case, a delay).

4. Fanboys. They want to compete by saying, "We launched first!"

5. Complaining. Some people just want to complain.
---
"There is a lot of middle ground between superhero powers and "Niko, let's go bowling". Dr_ Mojo
GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
2 years ago#8
CaIiber345 posted...

1. When the competitor has already announced theirs, people get nervous. They think that no release date indicates that something is wrong.

2. Money. Not everyone has the scratch laying around to plop down on a console that easily. Many people have to budget and plan their money accordingly. Having a date helps them with that.

3. People get excited. They like to have a date in their mind because not knowing is always worse than knowing, even if knowing is bad (in this case, a delay).

You should read your own post some time.
---
Ninja Farm
2 years ago#9
bigjike posted...
when Nintendo announced the wiiu date 1 month before it came out and nobody was complaining

every xb fanboy that trashed the place did... is rewriting history part of the "ultimate power of the cloud"?
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
2 years ago#10
Snake_Eyes_v3 posted...
CaIiber345 posted...

You should read your own post some time.

Not sure where you're going with that. Can you please explain what you mean?
---
"There is a lot of middle ground between superhero powers and "Niko, let's go bowling". Dr_ Mojo
GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. dont know why people complain about release date so much

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived