dont know why people complain about release date so much

#1bigjikePosted 9/3/2013 7:02:05 PM
when Nintendo announced the wiiu date 1 month before it came out and nobody was complaining
---
PSN=bigmikevgw Xbox live = mike vgw sr 3ds =3780-9018-6461. my pc sli 690 32gb ram intel i7 3770
#2AwayFromHerePosted 9/3/2013 7:05:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3AwayFromHerePosted 9/3/2013 7:06:58 PM
2 months.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#4Ramsus082Posted 9/3/2013 7:09:30 PM
If we assume both consoles are going to launch in November, I don't really see why it matters. Neither is going to be readily available for walk-ins around launch, and nobody gets an idea for which console they want to buy, then settles for the other one because it's out of stock at the moment. Certainly not to any meaningful degree.

So no, I don't understand why it matters so much either.
#5BudWisenheimerPosted 9/3/2013 7:10:53 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
So, E3 2011 was one month before September 2012?

WiiU was announced September 13th for a November 18th release. So two months. And it certainly wasn't rushed.
#6bigjike(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 12:04:41 AM
Sorry I thought it was 1 month
---
PSN=bigmikevgw Xbox live = mike vgw sr 3ds =3780-9018-6461. my pc sli 690 32gb ram intel i7 3770
#7CaIiber345Posted 9/4/2013 12:27:26 AM
I'll play devil's advocate.

1. When the competitor has already announced theirs, people get nervous. They think that no release date indicates that something is wrong.

2. Money. Not everyone has the scratch laying around to plop down on a console that easily. Many people have to budget and plan their money accordingly. Having a date helps them with that.

3. People get excited. They like to have a date in their mind because not knowing is always worse than knowing, even if knowing is bad (in this case, a delay).

4. Fanboys. They want to compete by saying, "We launched first!"

5. Complaining. Some people just want to complain.
---
"There is a lot of middle ground between superhero powers and "Niko, let's go bowling". Dr_ Mojo
GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
#8Snake_Eyes_v3Posted 9/4/2013 12:30:07 AM
CaIiber345 posted...

1. When the competitor has already announced theirs, people get nervous. They think that no release date indicates that something is wrong.

2. Money. Not everyone has the scratch laying around to plop down on a console that easily. Many people have to budget and plan their money accordingly. Having a date helps them with that.

3. People get excited. They like to have a date in their mind because not knowing is always worse than knowing, even if knowing is bad (in this case, a delay).

You should read your own post some time.
---
Ninja Farm
#9NeoMonkPosted 9/4/2013 1:07:28 AM
bigjike posted...
when Nintendo announced the wiiu date 1 month before it came out and nobody was complaining

every xb fanboy that trashed the place did... is rewriting history part of the "ultimate power of the cloud"?
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#10CaIiber345Posted 9/4/2013 1:22:27 AM
Snake_Eyes_v3 posted...
CaIiber345 posted...

You should read your own post some time.

Not sure where you're going with that. Can you please explain what you mean?
---
"There is a lot of middle ground between superhero powers and "Niko, let's go bowling". Dr_ Mojo
GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting