possible xbox 1 release date leak from gamestop email

#1bmoreravenz24Posted 9/3/2013 6:41:26 PM
I received an email from gamestop stating bonuses I will receive with my preorder. Keep in mind I reserved the XBOX ONE version. One of the preorder perks is double XP NOVEMBER 8TH through the 11th. Why would I receive an email for the Xbox one reservation of COD ghosts advertising double XP weekend? Thoughts?
---
XBL Gamertag- XxTAPOUTxX24
#2Foxx3kPosted 9/3/2013 6:45:50 PM
That's been mentioned before. It's more reasonable to read it as "the weekend after launch" than anything else. Marketing materials are weak with people guessing about releases. Mind you, the Doritos giveaway says that Xbox One launches in Late November.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3zerooo0Posted 9/3/2013 6:46:51 PM
If the X1 releases anytime after the 5th or the 8th then I will be deeply disappointed.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#4fretless58Posted 9/3/2013 6:48:51 PM
Foxx3k posted...
That's been mentioned before. It's more reasonable to read it as "the weekend after launch" than anything else. Marketing materials are weak with people guessing about releases. Mind you, the Doritos giveaway says that Xbox One launches in Late November.

Given Microsoft's tight partnership with Doritos and Mountain Dew, I'd say they know best when it comes to the release date.
...Sad, isn't it?
---
http://fretless94.deviantart.com/
#5NeoAndurilPosted 9/3/2013 6:49:17 PM
zerooo0 posted...
If the X1 releases anytime after the 5th or the 8th then I will be deeply disappointed.

Why?
---
http://i.imgur.com/6RcJTNv.png
#6bmoreravenz24(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 6:52:07 PM
Yes I agree. Just thought I would mention it to see what everyone might think. There has been November 8th rumors going on as of last week but then the Pepsi contest hints otherwise. I just wonder why I would get an email advertising double XP, even though I didn't preorder a current gen version, which would also be false advertising.
---
XBL Gamertag- XxTAPOUTxX24
#7Foxx3kPosted 9/3/2013 6:55:01 PM
bmoreravenz24 posted...
Yes I agree. Just thought I would mention it to see what everyone might think. There has been November 8th rumors going on as of last week but then the Pepsi contest hints otherwise. I just wonder why I would get an email advertising double XP, even though I didn't preorder a current gen version, which would also be false advertising.

GameStop is good at false advertising. Just look at their new game selection.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#8kayoticdreamzPosted 9/3/2013 7:00:36 PM
Foxx3k posted...
bmoreravenz24 posted...

GameStop is good at false advertising. Just look at their new game selection.

i c wut u did dere
#9zerooo0Posted 9/3/2013 7:06:20 PM
NeoAnduril posted...
zerooo0 posted...

Why?

Because releasing the X1 with CoD just seems like a logical business strategy that would push more units.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#10Foxx3kPosted 9/3/2013 7:12:06 PM
zerooo0 posted...
NeoAnduril posted...
zerooo0 posted...

Why?

Because releasing the X1 with CoD just seems like a logical business strategy that would push more units.

Activision might not like that though.
---