possible xbox 1 release date leak from gamestop email

#11zerooo0Posted 9/3/2013 7:21:05 PM
Foxx3k posted...
zerooo0 posted...
NeoAnduril posted...
zerooo0 posted...
If the X1 releases anytime after the 5th or the 8th then I will be deeply disappointed.

Why?

Because releasing the X1 with CoD just seems like a logical business strategy that would push more units.

Activision might not like that though.

I don't see why they wouldn't. It would make sure the X1 version also have a stable community at release where if it released later it probably wont be as big. The people sticking with current gen are still going to get CoD, while people who are going to next gen will get CoD. It seems seems like a win, win for Activision just the platform could be a little fragmented.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#12Foxx3kPosted 9/3/2013 7:22:47 PM
zerooo0 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
zerooo0 posted...
NeoAnduril posted...
zerooo0 posted...
If the X1 releases anytime after the 5th or the 8th then I will be deeply disappointed.

Why?

Because releasing the X1 with CoD just seems like a logical business strategy that would push more units.

I don't see why they wouldn't. It would make sure the X1 version also have a stable community at release where if it released later it probably wont be as big. The people sticking with current gen are still going to get CoD, while people who are going to next gen will get CoD. It seems seems like a win, win for Activision just the platform could be a little fragmented.

Less people double dipping on XBox 360 + Xbox One.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#13PorungaPosted 9/3/2013 7:23:02 PM
It was likely a blanket email regarding the double xp regardless of platform
#14zerooo0Posted 9/3/2013 7:25:10 PM
Foxx3k posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
zerooo0 posted...
NeoAnduril posted...

Less people double dipping on XBox 360 + Xbox One.

I don't see enough people double dipping for it though to really make a difference.(Again I could be wrong though) Seems like the people that buys it at release would just buy & play it on their respective platform while those that haven't bought it are waiting for the Next Gen platforms.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#15Foxx3kPosted 9/3/2013 7:26:13 PM
zerooo0 posted...

I don't see enough people double dipping for it though to really make a difference.(Again I could be wrong though) Seems like the people that buys it at release would just buy & play it on their respective platform while those that haven't bought it are waiting for the Next Gen platforms.

Activision might not see it that way.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#16Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/3/2013 7:43:39 PM
bmoreravenz24 posted...
I received an email from gamestop stating bonuses I will receive with my preorder. Keep in mind I reserved the XBOX ONE version. One of the preorder perks is double XP NOVEMBER 8TH through the 11th. Why would I receive an email for the Xbox one reservation of COD ghosts advertising double XP weekend? Thoughts?

Because Gamestop's stupid, they probably seny it to all people who have it pre- ordered since the game releases on the 5th.

Except for Xbox One and PS4
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#17phoenix9291Posted 9/3/2013 7:48:14 PM
bmoreravenz24 posted...
I received an email from gamestop stating bonuses I will receive with my preorder. Keep in mind I reserved the XBOX ONE version. One of the preorder perks is double XP NOVEMBER 8TH through the 11th. Why would I receive an email for the Xbox one reservation of COD ghosts advertising double XP weekend? Thoughts?

I received this email even though I don't have the game preordered on any system. I wouldn't think too much into it. Likely just COD advertising.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#18MVNeoPosted 9/3/2013 8:15:01 PM
Where did Dorito's and Mountain Dew hint? I read the FAQ and all that and don't remember that.
---
http://raptr.com/UNSCleric/about - http://www.last.fm/user/UNSCleric
https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/UNSCleric/home/