Only people at Gamespot would take X1 CPU clock speed increase as bad lol

#1zerooo0Posted 9/3/2013 7:46:04 PM
I........I don't know. Probably just going to avoid Gamespot for a long time until they can get it under control over there.

Seriously I can't have a simple conversation over there about what I'm/others could be excited for on the console. Just, ah my head hurts. They make Gamefaqs seem civil compared to it & that's not saying much.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#2Foxx3kPosted 9/3/2013 7:47:03 PM
Sony fanboys:
CPU up clock? The last desperate attempt of a desperate company to do desperate things!!!!!

Xbox fanboys:
CPU up clock? Now our games will run at 120FPS in 4k!!!!
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 7:48:19 PM
Foxx3k posted...
Sony fanboys:
CPU up clock? The last desperate attempt of a desperate company to do desperate things!!!!!

Xbox fanboys:

Fanboys from both sides makes my head hurt. It's like lets just talk about the console in a reasonable matter with constructive criticism & the new positives we have.

It's just FML. Don't read the comments lol.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#4georgewduff1Posted 9/3/2013 7:53:00 PM
Foxx3k posted...
Sony fanboys:

Xbox fanboys:

im considering myself as a Xbox fanboy...

The CPU and GPU overclock for me is ...how can i say...good in one point...
Proving that Microsoft is testing the SoC and they can make improvement on it...
Now...I hope that the display driver and OS will be reliable and get improvement time after time...
I dont forget that like the 360...on the 8 years lifetime of this console...many improvement was made after its launch...
---
XboxOne and my gaming addiction are perfect match :)
#595_EclipsePosted 9/3/2013 7:54:18 PM
I'm personally glad to hear this, even though I'm going Ps4 for my main system next gen. Because this means Multiplats will be better on both consoles. The closer the XBO gets to the PS4 in power the better.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#6zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 7:56:54 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
I'm personally glad to hear this, even though I'm going Ps4 for my main system next gen. Because this means Multiplats will be better on both consoles. The closer the XBO gets to the PS4 in power the better.

Exactly. It will help us avoid disasters like Skyrim on the PS3.(Still 100% believe that it didn't deserve GoTy that year) The closer the consoles are the better it is for us. And, even better since that will push the first party developers to make breath taking beautiful exclusives.

It's a win, win for everyone no matter which console ya/we are getting.
---
#7Ramsus082Posted 9/3/2013 8:03:08 PM
95_Eclipse posted...

This. The floor of the lowest common denominator got a little higher. This is good news for everyone.
#8PorungaPosted 9/3/2013 8:12:39 PM
The only concern that I have with them boosting the clock speed on the cpu and gpu is can they do so safely and not cause a overheating/rrod situation.

There has already been (unconfirmed) rumors of demo units overheating. If there is any truth to those rumors, they should focus on system cooling and stability before worrying about clock speeds.

Getting more power from your hardware is fine, but not at the risk of breaking systems just to close the gap between the xbo and the ps4.
#9JRDeBoPosted 9/3/2013 8:16:17 PM
Foxx3k posted...
Sony fanboys:
CPU up clock? Now it can overheat even faster now!!!

Xbox fanboys:

How I saw it happening.
---
Oakland Raider fan till I die. Let's just try not suck this year.
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=jrdebo http://raptr.com/jrdebo
#10Foxx3kPosted 9/3/2013 8:16:43 PM
Porunga posted...
The only concern that I have with them boosting the clock speed on the cpu and gpu is can they do so safely and not cause a overheating/rrod situation.

There has already been (unconfirmed) rumors of demo units overheating. If there is any truth to those rumors, they should focus on system cooling and stability before worrying about clock speeds.

Getting more power from your hardware is fine, but not at the risk of breaking systems just to close the gap between the xbo and the ps4.

The amount of outrage and negative press that resulted from a single person saying that a Microsoft employee reset an Xbox One during PAX is ridiculous and unreasonable.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]