Only people at Gamespot would take X1 CPU clock speed increase as bad lol

#11PorungaPosted 9/3/2013 8:20:50 PM
Foxx3k posted...
Porunga posted...
The only concern that I have with them boosting the clock speed on the cpu and gpu is can they do so safely and not cause a overheating/rrod situation.

There has already been (unconfirmed) rumors of demo units overheating. If there is any truth to those rumors, they should focus on system cooling and stability before worrying about clock speeds.

Getting more power from your hardware is fine, but not at the risk of breaking systems just to close the gap between the xbo and the ps4.

The amount of outrage and negative press that resulted from a single person saying that a Microsoft employee reset an Xbox One during PAX is ridiculous and unreasonable.

Quite right, but I tend to err on the side of caution, with what happened with the 360. If there is a chance of the xbo having overheating problems, they need to focus their attention on addressing that, instead of boosting clock speeds. If they are 100% sure that heat will not be an issue, then by all means boost the hardware. Just do so safely.
#1295_EclipsePosted 9/3/2013 8:28:38 PM
I would like to believe even Microsoft isn't dumb enough to repeat the 360 RRoD fiasco.

But then again, they did try to force online and DRM... So I don't know...
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#13NewMoonShadowPosted 9/3/2013 8:29:49 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
I would like to believe even Microsoft isn't dumb enough to repeat the 360 RRoD fiasco.

Yeah, at this point saying they're "not dumb enough" to do something just seems like denying reality. Pretty much anything goes at this point.
#14zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 8:31:51 PM(edited)
95_Eclipse posted...

It only seems logical to assume that MS wouldn't want to repeat a RRoD fiasco even with the DRM stupidity they tried to force down on us. But, we wont know until we can firmly stress test the new consoles ourselves. That RRoD fiasco costed MS billions, & I'm 80% sure they learned what not to do.

Someone has to be the launch testers.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#15Thewinner14Posted 9/3/2013 9:48:38 PM(edited)
how much is the upclock?

edit: nvm found it from the other thread.

0.15 GHz probably isn't going to suddenly cause overheating or instability unless there are already underlying issues or it was pushing stability at 1.6Ghz. I doubt they would set the clock speed near the boundary like that in the first place let alone then proceed to overclock it.

realistically the CPU itself probably could get up to near 1.9 if not higher with the help of some more cooling. It's hard to tell though w/o knowing what AMD recommends the clock to be.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#16The_DarkwalkerPosted 9/3/2013 9:41:06 PM
Foxx3k posted...
Sony fanboys:
CPU up clock? The last desperate attempt of a desperate company to do desperate things!!!!!

Xbox fanboys:
CPU up clock? Now our games will run at 120FPS in 4k!!!!

That's some quantum sh** right there!
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
#17CapnStankyPosted 9/3/2013 9:50:53 PM
You should see the Sony fanboy fools at GAF freaking out. It's hilarious.
#18Thewinner14Posted 9/3/2013 10:04:20 PM
also http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57598450-75/xbox-one-knows-when-its-overheating-adjusts-accordingly/

unless there's a manufacturing defect or cheap materials are used (solder) i don't foresee an overheating disaster again.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#19Spetsnaz420Posted 9/4/2013 3:08:50 AM
Foxx3k posted...
Sony fanboys:
CPU up clock? The last desperate attempt of a desperate company to do desperate things!!!!!

Xbox fanboys:
CPU up clock? Now our games will run at 120FPS in 4k!!!!

Funny thing is it happens on the PS4 board in reverse...the PC guys laugh at inferior console specs and the PS guys say its like getting the worlds best PC.

Long story short...fanboys gonna fan
---
I don't conform to social convention
#20Darkside_ShadowPosted 9/4/2013 6:56:54 AM
I take it as.
Maybe I should just play GTA V until these consoles have been tested by real people for a while.