legit question regarding ps4 and x1 - not trying to troll

#11MujikaPosted 9/4/2013 12:56:39 AM
BeardedXBatman posted...
like i said in the title, im not trying to troll so dont take this as an attack on microsoft or the fans or anything like that. just making a serious inquiry and maybe start a good back and forth discussion..

BeardedXBatman posted...

take a second, compose yourself and post WHY you prefer the xbox one, the ps4 or even the wiiu (lol).

Not trying to Troll? Then why "lol" at people who prefer a Wii U, laughing at a persons preference when you have asked them to state their reasons, that seems troll-like to me.
---
I don't need this on a sunday morning ... thank God it's wednesday
#12CaIiber345Posted 9/4/2013 1:18:20 AM(edited)
@Forte_Soldado:

I agree because I was concerned with all of the DRM and Always On stuff. I can understand how the initial reveal was their time to display the console's capabilities that would appeal to everyone, and E3 was their gaming spotlight. But I have said all along that they think they can capture the magic of the Wii with Kinect, and use that casual sale to install more features to attract the home entertainment crowd. I don't believe that it will work. We already have smartphones and tablets and laptops and PC's and cable television and streaming TV on the Internet. Sony wanted the PS2 to be a central home entertainment device. It didn't turn out that way. Yes, Microsoft reversed those policies, but the fact that they were ready to go with it so easily and seemed to honestly believe that it was the right direction shows how out of touch they are with their product and customer base.

I do believe that the gaming industry will head to more and more into the realm of predominant digital distribution. It proved viable and fruitful this generation, and in and of itself isn't inherently evil. But as the cash-grab DLC market has proven, it's dangerous and easily manipulated by developers, and then fed into by gamers. We set a precedent in that and I don't think many gamers realize it. Steam isn't an indicator of digital distribution success on a closed system like Xbox LIVE and PSN/+.

@95_Eclipse:

The Forza stuff really irks me, and not because I'm a Forza fan. I've never played a Forza game at all. It's the principle behind it. I think it's strongly tied to Microsoft's original plans for Always On, and so Forza was built that way from the beginning. While Microsoft may have flipped that proverbial switch, some things aren't going to be fixed, and I believe the Forza situation is a prime example of that. I don't like it, just like I don't like Killer Instinct and its pay-for-the-characters-you-want-model right out of the box. In theory it sounds good, but it's akin to disc-locked content, in my opinion. A paywall for a service like LIVE is one thing. Micro-transactions are another thing entirely, and it's a casual approach by companies that want to emulate cell phone and tablet gaming. Again, understandable from a business point of view, but a total loss for the gamer. It can condition people to think its no big deal. Yes, that's a person's fault for lacking self control, but the temptation is there and that's a factor that shouldn't be ignored.

All in my opinion during a civil discussion, of course. :D

And I've had some moments on the Xbox One board that I'm not proud of. I've acted like an idiot in a few topics, and that's not like me. Ultimately it's because I wanted to, and still want to, like the Xbox One and choose it as my console next gen. I think a lot of other gamers feel the same, and that's one reason why people are angry about the Xbox One. Fanboys and trolls aside.
---
"There is a lot of middle ground between superhero powers and "Niko, let's go bowling". Dr_ Mojo
GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
#13NeoMonkPosted 9/4/2013 1:15:32 AM
I'm getting a PS4 and I have a PC.

I won't miss out on anything important. Have a good evening ;)
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#14QuaggiggityPosted 9/4/2013 2:44:03 AM
I'll be getting an xbox one, not at launch but early next year (upcomming 360 games will keep me busy until then and i'll be aware of any hardware issues by then.)

Reasons:
Games - I'm really looking forward to DR3, Forza 5, Crimson Dragon and Project Spark. KH3 and FFXV going multi-platform helped too (was tempted to go PS4 just for them). The PS4 launch exclusives don't do it for me.

Kinect - The tech is impressive i'm just hoping the devs can actually implement it well. My daughter loves motion games so this is 2 birds 1 stone for me.

XLB - I'm planning to go all digital next gen, cases and disks disappear for days when you have kids and with the investment MS has made with dedicated servers has won me over for this as I trust MS online services over Sony.
#15BeardedXBatman(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 2:51:33 AM
Mujika posted...
BeardedXBatman posted...
like i said in the title, im not trying to troll so dont take this as an attack on microsoft or the fans or anything like that. just making a serious inquiry and maybe start a good back and forth discussion..

BeardedXBatman posted...

take a second, compose yourself and post WHY you prefer the xbox one, the ps4 or even the wiiu (lol).

Not trying to Troll? Then why "lol" at people who prefer a Wii U, laughing at a persons preference when you have asked them to state their reasons, that seems troll-like to me.

I meant that I'm not trying to troll Xbox fans on their own board. Usually this kind of topic can start a flame was if you're not careful. But let's not be ridiculous, here. WiiU? lol.
---
*This message has been brought to you by The Bearded Batman, LLC*
PSN/XBL - BeardedXBatman
#16Millertime660Posted 9/4/2013 2:53:47 AM
Mujika posted...
BeardedXBatman posted...

BeardedXBatman posted...

that is not at all him trolling.... people throw that word around pretty easy nowadays. Most of the time on this board it is justified but not here.
#17xninjagrrlPosted 9/4/2013 4:41:42 AM
For me, it's always been about the controllers. I loathe PS controllers. I realize there are third party options that are similar in form to MS controllers but they are very subpar and dont last long. Even if I could find a decent third party controller, there is still the issue of crappy button mapping in many FPS PS games. For some idiotic reason, PS folks like to shoot guns using bumpers, not triggers. That is something I cannot and will not adapt to. Period. I cannot fathom why these shooters dont let me remap so I can use the actual triggers. Ok so let's talk PS "triggers". They are pathetic. The PS4 seems to have improved them a bit but since I havent had a chance to try it, I cant really say.

So controller preference was my original reason for Xbox > PS2. But then I did get hooked on Xbox exclusives like Halo and just hopped on the MS bandwagon ever since. I do appreciate some of the PS3's exclusives. Yeah yeah Im saying it, Heavy Rain was amazing for me and Im dying to play Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls. The controller issues dont really affect me with these sorts of games.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.