Is MS going to offer some free games on xbox one with live gold?

#1TeremeiPosted 9/3/2013 10:33:46 PM(edited)
If so, when are they gonna announce it? PS4 PS+ will give you a few indies, Resogun (a really good looking game from super stardust developer, and a good chunk of Drive Club for free. That's a pretty decent amount of fun free stuff to play just for signing up for PS+.

So I'm wondering (would hope) that Microsoft will counter with a very good offer. A few good games to start with a promise to keep it up throughout the year.

And before you say "games with gold". That ends the month Xbox One comes out, and they have given no hint what so ever that it will continue. What I'm looking for is an actual announcement of what freebies they will be giving out as we invest in an xbox one system.
---
last $$: SMTIV, M&L: DT :: Playing: M&L DT
Kinect basic features behind paywall was the final straw, hi PS4!
#2SarobiPosted 9/3/2013 10:35:46 PM
You get Killer Instinct (one character) for free.
---
|PSN: Sarobi | Gamertag: Always Bet DBZ | Steam: Sarobi | MiiVerse: Sarobi|
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#3RufusIohrPosted 9/3/2013 10:43:18 PM
Well, on the 360, they gave Fable III and Crackdown as free games. Take that how you want it.

Maybe in a few months, Ryse will be a free game for Gold.
---
"Memory Make..."
#4C810Posted 9/3/2013 10:46:06 PM
Highly doubtful any time soon after launch. I'd say like a year after launch, at the very earliest. But I have a feeling the Games with Gold promo that's going on now is a one time thing. It may surface again at the end of the One's life, but even then it is probably going to be unlikely
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs
#5Millertime660Posted 9/3/2013 11:22:19 PM
Teremei posted...
If so, when are they gonna announce it? PS4 PS+ will give you a few indies, Resogun (a really good looking game from super stardust developer, and a good chunk of Drive Club for free. That's a pretty decent amount of fun free stuff to play just for signing up for PS+.

So I'm wondering (would hope) that Microsoft will counter with a very good offer. A few good games to start with a promise to keep it up throughout the year.

And before you say "games with gold". That ends the month Xbox One comes out, and they have given no hint what so ever that it will continue. What I'm looking for is an actual announcement of what freebies they will be giving out as we invest in an xbox one system.

I would hope they will do something. They seem to be on top of keeping up with the competition so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. They have the new rewards program where you can get money for playing games and doing other stuff. So who knows
#6Shik_stickPosted 9/6/2013 12:37:40 PM
Millertime660 posted...
Teremei posted...

I would hope they will do something. They seem to be on top of keeping up with the competition so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. They have the new rewards program where you can get money for playing games and doing other stuff. So who knows

By that, you mean thy are doing good with copying everything Sony does, to much less effect...yes?
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#7Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 9/6/2013 12:43:11 PM
RufusIohr posted...
Maybe in a few months, Ryse will be a free game for Gold.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#8The_NightwingPosted 9/6/2013 12:54:03 PM
Shik_stick posted...
Millertime660 posted...
Teremei posted...

By that, you mean thy are doing good with copying everything Sony does, to much less effect...yes?
#9TBONE_OGPosted 9/6/2013 1:12:55 PM
Teremei posted...
And before you say "games with gold". That ends the month Xbox One comes out, and they have given no hint what so ever that it will continue.

Actually, it goes until the end of the year. I have a feeling they will continue it.
---
Always O.G.
#10ElPolloDiablo87Posted 9/6/2013 1:43:14 PM
Project Spark will be free, and judging by some of the videos they've released you'll get a ton of varied content out of that.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA