Numbers Don't Lie: Software Preorder Numbers

#11MicooliscoolPosted 9/4/2013 1:20:44 AM
NeoMonk posted...
gameboybryce posted...
Even if the numbers aren't entirely correct, I highly doubt they're so far off that the PS4 still isn't outpacing the Xbox One. Of course people aren't going to like that the numbers don't match up to their fantasies but reality is hardly ever what you imagine it to be.

It's plain and simple that the PS4 is doing better. And unless I'm mistaken, you can't preorder digital games so even if Xbox players are going digital it still doesn't negate the fact that the PS4 numbers are vastly better than the Xbox's. I mean look at Killzone. It's doing better than all of Microsoft's exclusives combined. But of course the One has better exclusives still.

At worst they're off by %5-20 on all fronts so does that change anything dramatically? Not really
but hey people can't admit failure specially around these parts.

Why would anyone admit failure? The PS3 was in a similar position to this all those years ago, yet we know how it turned out. This is a 10year cycle, we haven't even seen day 1.
#1215RCPosted 9/4/2013 1:23:23 AM
Any numbers on Titanfall 360?
---
Saturday, September 14 - Mayweather-Canelo/Garcia-Matthysse
Tuesday, September 17 - Grand Theft Auto V
#13Millertime660Posted 9/4/2013 1:35:02 AM
NeoMonk posted...
gameboybryce posted...
Even if the numbers aren't entirely correct, I highly doubt they're so far off that the PS4 still isn't outpacing the Xbox One. Of course people aren't going to like that the numbers don't match up to their fantasies but reality is hardly ever what you imagine it to be.

It's plain and simple that the PS4 is doing better. And unless I'm mistaken, you can't preorder digital games so even if Xbox players are going digital it still doesn't negate the fact that the PS4 numbers are vastly better than the Xbox's. I mean look at Killzone. It's doing better than all of Microsoft's exclusives combined. But of course the One has better exclusives still.

At worst they're off by %5-20 on all fronts so does that change anything dramatically? Not really

where does that guess come from? Do you have a source for those percentages?
#14AwayFromHerePosted 9/4/2013 1:38:51 AM
Says numbers don't lie, posts link to VGChartz...

Seems legit.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#15TBONE_OGPosted 9/4/2013 1:40:11 AM
I have a friend who is going all digital (has already started on the 360). I'm sure there are many people like him.

Pre-orders don't equal games sold. That goes for both systems.
---
Always O.G.
#16gameboybryce(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 1:40:20 AM
Millertime660 posted...
NeoMonk posted...

It's called an educated guess. It would be very hard to assume their numbers are off by anything more than 20-25%. Even if they are off by that much the PS4 would still be ruling the charts. And think about this: you can't say they're biased towards Sony because like every has said they reported 360 numbers killing PS3 numbers all the time. So it doesn't make sense to assume they've overestimated PS4 numbers and underestimated Xbox One numbers both at the same time.
---
This board has become a haven for Sony trolls, you have no idea what it is like going to sleep each night punching your pillow furiously.~TrashBoat
LMAO
#1795_EclipsePosted 9/4/2013 1:41:11 AM
Whether those numbers are accurate or not are pretty irrelevant. Only the blindest of blind fanboys doesn't already know the Xbox one is going to get rolled on in sales by the Ps4. The question that remains is "can it recover".
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#18Millertime660Posted 9/4/2013 1:43:03 AM
gameboybryce posted...
Millertime660 posted...
NeoMonk posted...

It's called an educated guess. It would be very hard to assume their numbers are off by anything more than 20-25%. Even if they are off by that much the PS4 would still be ruling the charts. And think about this: you can't say they're biased towards Sony because like every has said they reported 360 numbers killing PS3 numbers all the time. So it doesn't make sense to assume they've overestimated PS4 numbers and underestimated Xbox One numbers both at the same time.

im not saying anything about the vz charts numbers.... i just wanted to know if neomonk knew something we all didnt know.
#19gameboybryce(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 1:54:55 AM
Micooliscool posted...
NeoMonk posted...
gameboybryce posted...

Why would anyone admit failure? The PS3 was in a similar position to this all those years ago, yet we know how it turned out. This is a 10year cycle, we haven't even seen day 1.

But the PS3 has always had a larger fan base than the Xbox. People tend to forget that the vast majority of Xbox fans came from the PS2 not the original Xbox. With Sony having a larger install base than Microsoft from the jump it's reasonable to make the assumption that Sony would eventually outsell the 360 and take some of it's fans back which is clear is exactly what happened.

Now apply that to this upcoming generation and it'd be easy to make the assumption that the PS4 will outsell the Xbox One. It is true that this is a slow burn game but looking at previous evidence to predict market trends is exactly what analyst do. And the previous and current evidence tells us that Sony will have the higher numbers come launch. It also shows us that having a cheaper system will greatly help it out. Plus Sony doesn't have the same problem the PS3 had in that it'll have a drought of games after the launch. With major third party titles coming out all throughout 2014 and Sony working on exclusives for 2014 too along with their abundance of indie games coming to the system the wealth of games will be there.
Looking back at previous evidence the trend tends to be that casuals tend to head towards the system that is selling more and devs go to where the gamers are and at the moment PS4 is selling more so that's something to note. All previous evidence tells us that the PS4 will do better this upcoming gen but just like he evidence can lead analyst astray so can this evidence lead us astray.
---
This board has become a haven for Sony trolls, you have no idea what it is like going to sleep each night punching your pillow furiously.~TrashBoat
LMAO
#20ViryuPosted 9/4/2013 2:06:05 AM
That feeling when even Knack has more preorders than Titanfall.