Many of you have seen the BlackBuster debate on youtube...

#1FOXSOLIDPosted 9/4/2013 1:38:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kikSTb5ArTs

Now, clearly he was debating with the equivalent of a potato. There wasn't even a debate, it was just a lop sided slaughtering of that kid.

So my question is, how would you combat BlackBuster's points?
#2Orange_ApplesPosted 9/4/2013 1:41:42 AM
I can't remember everything he said, couldn't you give a summary or list his major points?
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#3FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 1:49:07 AM(edited)
Orange_Apples posted...
I can't remember everything he said, couldn't you give a summary or list his major points?

He claims XBL is of no value because up until now, they never had dedicated servers to justify the money they charged and that PS3 had dedicated servers for some games while being free.

Talks about 3rd party headsets being allowed on PS3/4 and not on 360/One.

States PS+ is of more value.

States Xbox locks many features behind a pay wall.

Incomplete releases of games and games that aren't of any value. (Killer Instinct)

Generally states that MS was out to screw the consumer from the start and were forced into policy reversals not out of the goodness of their hearts, but because they were forced to.

Just some of them.
#4AwayFromHerePosted 9/4/2013 1:50:40 AM
1) Easily debatable.

2) Wrong.

3) True. Not really debatable.

4) True, not debatable at all.

5) Debatable.

6) Not debatable. MS was out to screw consumers.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#5181stCommanderPosted 9/4/2013 1:51:33 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
Orange_Apples posted...

He claims XBL is of no value because up until now, they never had dedicated servers to justify the money they charged and that PS3 had dedicated servers for some games while being free.

Incomplete releases of games and games that aren't of any value. (Killer Instinct)

Generally states that MS was out to screw the consumer from the start and were forced into policy reversals not out of the goodness of their hearts, but because they were forced to.

Just some of them.

You can't debate that.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#6Millertime660Posted 9/4/2013 1:52:01 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
Orange_Apples posted...

Just some of them.

whats up for debate? sounds like he has already made up his mind..... everyones entitled to an opinion
#7FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 1:57:57 AM
Skim through some of the video if you can, don't have to watch every minute, but I really would like to hear some of your counter arguments to what he's said.

Apparently, not a single Halo title was supported by dedicated servers which was of a huge shock to me. It helped support and solidify the statement that XBL was charging you for no reason.

He also goes on to state that XBL was hacked just as PSN was when the "debater" tried to use that as an argument.

The kid also tried to downplay PC gaming when it was brought up by saying that PC games are easily hacked and modded maliciously.

BlackBuster then pulled up articles citing that Halo 4 was hacked and being played online 3 weeks prior to release.
#8Millertime660Posted 9/4/2013 2:02:41 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
Skim through some of the video if you can, don't have to watch every minute, but I really would like to hear some of your counter arguments to what he's said.

Apparently, not a single Halo title was supported by dedicated servers which was of a huge shock to me. It helped support and solidify the statement that XBL was charging you for no reason.

He also goes on to state that XBL was hacked just as PSN was when the "debater" tried to use that as an argument.

The kid also tried to downplay PC gaming when it was brought up by saying that PC games are easily hacked and modded maliciously.

BlackBuster then pulled up articles citing that Halo 4 was hacked and being played online 3 weeks prior to release.

ok well i dont pc game, never heard of halo 4 being hacked to be played early (nor could i care) never thought any of the halos had dedicated servers but I wholeheartedly believe that i have gotten every last pennies worth out of xbox live. Not everyone will agree with me but its not my job to convince them either.
#9FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 2:06:53 AM
Millertime660 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

ok well i dont pc game, never heard of halo 4 being hacked to be played early (nor could i care) never thought any of the halos had dedicated servers but I wholeheartedly believe that i have gotten every last pennies worth out of xbox live. Not everyone will agree with me but its not my job to convince them either.

That's basically BlackBuster's argument in a nutshell, he wants to know why you think that is?
#10BrusselsAffairPosted 9/4/2013 2:18:48 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
Millertime660 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

That's basically BlackBuster's argument in a nutshell, he wants to know why you think that is?

You won't get a solid answer. Everytime this question is asked, the response is "cause it's just better".
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"