Many of you have seen the BlackBuster debate on youtube...

#51FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 4:22:17 PM
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...
Because if Sony charged for their inferior service everyone world flock to the 360, one of the things that kept them afloat this gen was the free online. Eventually they had to bribe their userbase with "free" games if they subscribed to their service to stay competent.
Sony isn't giving anything free out of the kindness of their hearts, as much as you'd like to think so.
I own both consoles, yet I'm only subscribed to gold, why? Because the so called value of the PS+ is nonexistent for me, I don't have as much time to play games as I used to, so I use my time to play the games I actually want to play and not the games Sony decides to throw at me. I don't think Sony's service has anything going for it besides the game rentals.
Atleast on Xbox I get features like party chat, an active online community and I do like how Xbox live is seamlessly integrated into the system. That is worth 60$ a year to me, and really 60$ A YEAR is nothing for anyone that has a job, I pay a lot more for things I don't use or enjoy as much.

Sony will have what you stated for free as well as free to play games allowing players to play them online even WITHOUT PS+. MS on the other hand will require Gold accounts for even free to play games.

So basically, Sony has allowed free online play on PS3 WITH dedicated servers for several games whereas MS charges you for menus, chatting and friends list regarded things with no dedicated servers for about 10 years. They will continue charging you for things Sony offers free of charge as well and you're content with that?

Oh well people, you do it to yourselves.
#52TonyKojimaPosted 9/4/2013 4:42:53 PM
He really embarrassed that xbot, even got him to admit he was wrong at the end lol.
---
Though the XBOX 360 is good in theory, it's hardware limitations say otherwise - Hideo Kojima
PSN - Guncrazy56
#53BudWisenheimerPosted 9/4/2013 5:02:58 PM(edited)
FOXSOLID posted...
So what it comes down to is that you feel it's okay to be charged (any price) for easy menu navigation and friends list editing?

I don't know if you're intentionally misrepresenting what I said. I never mentioned anything about menus. And I don't think "any" price is reasonable. And I didn't say anything about editing Friends Lists.

I do think $35-$40 is reasonable for the key feature of easily and quickly making a friendly Friends List that's cultivated through playing with a majority of people who have and use their mics. Especially because the free alternative (PSN) does not offer that ease or quickness or availability of friendly people (usually found in racing games online).

I concede that next-gen might be different. Unfortunately my favorite racing game of all time seems to have been discontinued on PS4. But I'm buying a PS4 anyway. So I'll find out soon enough.
#54TwistedxL3G3NDPosted 9/4/2013 5:05:47 PM(edited)
FOXSOLID posted...
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...
Because if Sony charged for their inferior service everyone world flock to the 360, one of the things that kept them afloat this gen was the free online. Eventually they had to bribe their userbase with "free" games if they subscribed to their service to stay competent.
Sony isn't giving anything free out of the kindness of their hearts, as much as you'd like to think so.
I own both consoles, yet I'm only subscribed to gold, why? Because the so called value of the PS+ is nonexistent for me, I don't have as much time to play games as I used to, so I use my time to play the games I actually want to play and not the games Sony decides to throw at me. I don't think Sony's service has anything going for it besides the game rentals.
Atleast on Xbox I get features like party chat, an active online community and I do like how Xbox live is seamlessly integrated into the system. That is worth 60$ a year to me, and really 60$ A YEAR is nothing for anyone that has a job, I pay a lot more for things I don't use or enjoy as much.

Sony will have what you stated for free as well as free to play games allowing players to play them online even WITHOUT PS+. MS on the other hand will require Gold accounts for even free to play games.

So basically, Sony has allowed free online play on PS3 WITH dedicated servers for several games whereas MS charges you for menus, chatting and friends list regarded things with no dedicated servers for about 10 years. They will continue charging you for things Sony offers free of charge as well and you're content with that?

Oh well people, you do it to yourselves.

Microsoft THIS gen charged for things the PS3 didn't have, it charged for the superior online service, if PS3 charged for their service they would have never recovered from their terrible launch and if they started charging midway through the console's cycle they would have never heard the end of it. And yes they did offer dedicated servers for a few games, but aren't they also shutting down a lot of those? For example MAG, SOCOM, Motorstorm, MGO? Yeah, thanks Sony!

Even next gen Xbox live sounds like a better deal for a GAMER, free dedicated servers for all developers sounds great to me, looks like they made good use of my money.

What's the point of giving me those features free if they're charging for the most important aspect, Online Play? Now what do they have going for them? Free Youtube? Free Hulu? As if those features even matter.

I'm just stating this now, I am getting both consoles, but will only be subscribing to the superior service.
---
Hey guise look at my PC specs I'm sure you all care!
#55BoxTheMuppetPosted 9/4/2013 5:05:19 PM
FOXSOLID posted...

Ease of use is not something they have to charge for dude. The navigation of the menus is a pre-programmed deal. Voice chatting and part chatting and cross game chatting is not something they have to charge for....they do it because they're greedy. Have you not read my previous posts? Why can Sony give you these features for free while MS doesn't? People buy Macs over PC's because the quality of the product is tried and true. You get what you pay for with a Mac. You don't get anything worthwhile with XBL. There's a thread on this forum stating 81 features are locked behind a paywall. You don't see those?

Didn't this start out as how would you refute what the dude in the video was saying? And now it's become xbl is a rip off.

It isn't a rip off because I'm paying for multiplayer services, like I said. Everything else is bonus. It's as simple as that. Never had xbl shut down due to hacking. Never had my info stolen.
You are trying to spin what everyone posts because you can't grasp people paying for a service that they think is worth the money. I went over all of this. It's not greedy of ms to have those features bundled with a live subscription. Most people who I play with that have live do so to play mp. Netflix and all that other stuff is nice but if it wasn't there we wouldn't care. It used to not be there. We pay to play online. It's that simple.
Mac over pc is about quality. Your words. In my eyes it's the same with live. Never had a problem with downloads never finishing, hackers, poor interface. I'm paying for quality.
To go back to my original statement, this is all OPINION based.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#56TBONE_OGPosted 9/4/2013 8:05:02 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
It boggles my mind how some people (like the tc) can't understand one simple thing.

Xbox Live was a premium gaming service to play on the Xbox OG. You paid 50 bucks to talk to and play with people around the world -- online.

Since then, MS has done nothing but improve their service with a bunch of different features and benefits for members continuing to pay for gold -- which began with -- yup, just online play.

Do you get it now? I think MS just feels, why half ass it? You can buy the system, play games, watch movies, etc. But if you want a bunch of ONLINE FEATURES then you're going to have to pay to go online (aka Gold).

Let it sink in.

Reposting since you ignored it.
---
Always O.G.
#57FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 11:27:43 PM
This is the exact demographic that blackbuster is talking about. The ones who don't quite understand that MS is charging you for features that literally don't affect connection stability online. Sony offers the same thing now but for free while you STILL get charged by MS. It boggles MY mind that none of you see this. XBL does not give you better online gameplay, all it gives you is communication between your friends. You pay whatever fee that you pay...to talk to people. That's it. Sony may have lacked this on the PS3, but they had dedicated servers for several games all for free.

MS for the next gen will not allow you to play F2P games online without a gold membership....Sony WILL allow you to play F2P games online WITHOUT a Plus membership.

MS is just taking more of your money and returning the favor with more and more Gold restrictions.
#58-Erika-Posted 9/4/2013 11:47:35 PM
Hey FOXSOLID, what's your favorite Metal Gear?
---
Joshi Spirit
#59SaintFC_Posted 9/4/2013 11:52:13 PM
I've owned both consoles this gen, PS3 since release and 360 since high definition was introduced.

Maybe I'm not observant enough but I have never noticed any difference between the two services. Sure the PS3 updates a fair bit (not half as bad as Xbox fans like to think) and the store isn't the best but other than that they are pretty identical in terms of connectivity and stability.

I've never been a fan of paywalls for free stuff, adverts on a paid service has always confused me too and that's why I am leaving Xbox alone this gen, until a bit further down the line when the console is cheaper.

That's my view anyway.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .
#60FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 12:07:01 AM
-Erika- posted...
Hey FOXSOLID, what's your favorite Metal Gear?

I'd have to say 1, 3 and 4.

I really liked 2 except for the plant chapter, not because of playing as Raiden, but because everything about it just looked the same with that copper color to all the struts.