Sony vs Xbox people, demographics

#1xninjagrrlPosted 9/4/2013 4:51:58 AM
Im just wondering if there is any rhyme or reason for the trolling. It seems to me, Sony fans started trolling the Xbox board both first and hard. Then some Xbox folks started to retaliate on their board. Are Sony fanboys young compared to Xbox fans? There seems to be a huge maturity discrepancy and I cant really determine why.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#2MrSpaM111Posted 9/4/2013 5:03:52 AM
xninjagrrl posted...
Im just wondering if there is any rhyme or reason for the trolling. It seems to me, Sony fans started trolling the Xbox board both first and hard. Then some Xbox folks started to retaliate on their board. Are Sony fanboys young compared to Xbox fans? There seems to be a huge maturity discrepancy and I cant really determine why.

Why don't you ask the MS fanboys who trolled the hell out of the PS3 at launch?

I love how people try to make out like trolling a console pre launch is something new, the Sony fanboys had to put up with this 7 years ago, they are just getting their own back. Plus the fact MS have completely ****** up the launch of the XBO, this is going to go down as one of the most botched console launches in history, you can't honestly expect people not to get on their back for it.

It honestly sounds like your searching for someone to blame for the negativity the console is receiving from the general public, you can blame MS for that one, they are the one's who tried to screw everybody over in the first place.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#3xninjagrrl(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 5:17:07 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
xninjagrrl posted...

I love how people try to make out like trolling a console pre launch is something new, the Sony fanboys had to put up with this 7 years ago, they are just getting their own back. Plus the fact MS have completely ****** up the launch of the XBO, this is going to go down as one of the most botched console launches in history, you can't honestly expect people not to get on their back for it.

It honestly sounds like your searching for someone to blame for the negativity the console is receiving from the general public, you can blame MS for that one, they are the one's who tried to screw everybody over in the first place.

You just proved my point, you come across as a confrontational teen. I really hope you arent an adult yet lol. I was merely posing an inquiry. Nothing more.
---
#4xninjagrrl(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 5:23:20 AM
I realize these are old stats but this is not what I was expecting:

http://gamer.blorge.com/2009/02/19/how-the-wii-ps3-and-xbox-360-appeal-to-different-demographics/
---
#5TheMeanRockPosted 9/4/2013 5:25:33 AM
xninjagrrl posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
xninjagrrl posted...

You just proved my point, you come across as a confrontational teen. I really hope you arent an adult yet lol. I was merely posing an inquiry. Nothing more.

.... Your post does the same thing in response...

It is pretty well known that the Xbox community is the younger demographic of the two. That said, now that the Xbone has shot itself in the foot, there is a good chance that because the PS4 is now the "hip" thing (deservedly so this time) that more kids will flock to it. None of this really matter though, as even most adults that frequent these forums act like children. The anonymity of the internet brings the worst out in people.
---
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8059/8199250304_01370f5a4e_c.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8337/8207044795_85d12224dd_z.jpg
#6DXiRoNMaNPosted 9/4/2013 5:25:55 AM
this is Gfaqs the average age is probably 14
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#7rusty12000Posted 9/4/2013 5:40:48 AM
PS4 seems to be the older mature players, where xbox one people seems to be 12 year fanboys that don't see the sign that it is time to jump ship.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#8MrSpaM111Posted 9/4/2013 5:43:24 AM
xninjagrrl posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
xninjagrrl posted...

And you come across as somebody who can't handle somebody being negative about the XBO, so I guess were even
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#9SunDevil77Posted 9/4/2013 5:54:49 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Why don't you ask the MS fanboys who trolled the hell out of the PS3 at launch

People are still on this "revenge" thing?
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#10NateRose89Posted 9/4/2013 6:30:05 AM
The 360 demographic was much younger than the PS3 demo. Almost any online shooter with a headset on will prove that. I'm sure a lot of the younger crowd will be on PS4 due to parents buying the less expensive console for Xmas.
---
PSN ID: rockstock89