Is anybody else a little bummed that Microsoft changed Xbox One so much?

#1DevilTears604Posted 9/4/2013 7:18:41 AM
When Xbox One was first announced, I was actually kind of excited to see what it would eventually wind up becoming. I've thought for quite a while that it's extremely stupid for people to argue over whether Sony or Microsoft had the better console when the hardware for both systems is extremely similar and about 80% of both systems' game libraries were identical. So I was actually looking forward to seeing these two very different philosophies battle it out and seeing what both would eventually evolve into. So I'm actually a little sad that we won't get to see that battle, that now it's just going to be the same old status quo.

Btw, I blame all the spite and bile toward the first Xbox One entirely on Microsoft's disastrous public relations, with the Adam Orth tweets and the #dealwithit stuff, and their baffling and inane inability to not speak at all about the positive things that would've come with Xbox One and ONLY talking about what you CAN'T do.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#2Mr_arizonaPosted 9/4/2013 7:27:35 AM
If Microsoft had some great ideas and benefit that gamers would love before the policy changes they failed hard in telling us what we got out of it.

The old polices were restrict this and our costumers are criminals who should be kept an eye on with check ins.

The only difference between now and prepolicy change is we can play how we like instead of being forced into their restrictions.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9286/tennisskirtblow.gif
#3NeoMonkPosted 9/4/2013 7:30:27 AM
They're selling you a overexpensive PS4 with a camera that noone wants and games that aren't all that appealing (except titanfal & fable legends).

If they would have stuck to their guns they could have actually have something to offer to those who say "meh... the ps4 is a glorified ps3" since this thing is not that much different.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#4AkumaOutsiderPosted 9/4/2013 7:35:48 AM
Some of the initial ideas were good.
But they went draconian and prohibited alot more. A console shouldn't prohibit in all aspects in order to bring something fresh. Innovation shouldn't come at the price of freedom.
---
~Outsider.//.GrandFated
#5The_DOAMPosted 9/4/2013 7:38:55 AM
No one actually knows what they'll be buying with the Xbox ONE at this point. They've changed so many things about it since it's initial reveal. Just recently they changed the specs I think they upped the CPU or something. Microsoft can't possible be happy with their product if their still changing it so close to the release. They'll probably change a couple more things about the system before it gets released. So I don't think the launch will be that great.

I also think that the ONE and PS4 were somewhat rushed as when the 360 and espeicially the PS3 were released they were talking about future proofing and how long the gen will last. Also making fun of the Wii's specs for being so underpowered. I think Nintendo intentional made an underpowered console back then as the time is perfect for them to release an updated model so the WiiU's launch isn't that big of a deal as it was needed. But the 360 and PS3 just recently turned a profit and both systems seems like they should be running for another 4 or so years. But Nintendo made the jump to next gen and instead of going with their initial plans Microsoft and Sony decided to end their lines early and also jump ship into the next gen.

Same thing will happen next gen while the PS4 and ONE seem like they'll have a run for maybe 8-12 years the WiiU isn't as powerful and will most likely make it's jump to the next gen in 6-8 years. About the time the other two will start to make a profit. So they'll jump ship and follow suit with Nintendo and make new consoles much earlier than they actually should just like this last gen.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#6MrImpatient35Posted 9/4/2013 7:39:40 AM
Their messaging was horrible. The original policies had both good and bad aspects to them, but people really only knew about the bad stuff. I've only seen it mentioned once, that you were able to play your installed games without the disc in the console. There were other, more popular good things talked about like the family sharing. Didn't they bring that back with digital games though?

I'm bummed but...I'll still buy it.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#7BrownGottiPosted 9/4/2013 7:39:47 AM
NeoMonk posted...
They're selling you a overexpensive PS4 with a camera that noone wants and games that aren't all that appealing (except titanfal & fable legends).

If they would have stuck to their guns they could have actually have something to offer to those who say "meh... the ps4 is a glorified ps3" since this thing is not that much different.

So the PS3 is an over priced Xbox 360?? The camera, OS, Xbox Live, TV integration, etc. separate the experiences. To say no one wants Kinect is laughable if you actually look at the sales of the original Kinect. It's probably the most successful video game accessory of all time. MS including it and removing the always connected requirement will not only let people breath a little easier for privacy concerns but you will see more developers integrate it into their games because it's standard on the Xbox One.

People hated that MS made Ethernet, Achievement points, and originally HDDs a standard. Now look at how the industry has changed.
#8supermoc10Posted 9/4/2013 7:41:08 AM
What I don't like is how MS didn't have the balls to show us why the DRM stuff would make the console better for us. I buy all games digitally so I kind of liked the original policies.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#9zephirrainesPosted 9/4/2013 7:52:16 AM
NeoMonk posted...

Ps4 is a copy of the 360 more than the ps3 so if snything ms is just going back to what works.

Also its selling point is the games while the ps4 is social features and ouya games.
#10embrandedonePosted 9/4/2013 8:18:26 AM
zephirraines posted...
NeoMonk posted...

Ps4 is a copy of the 360 more than the ps3 so if snything ms is just going back to what works.

Also its selling point is the games while the ps4 is social features and ouya games.

Keep spreading the hate, you sick f*****
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board