Is anybody else a little bummed that Microsoft changed Xbox One so much?

#11NeoLegoPosted 9/4/2013 8:19:16 AM
supermoc10 posted...
What I don't like is how MS didn't have the balls to show us why the DRM stuff would make the console better for us. I buy all games digitally so I kind of liked the original policies.

I am also a Digital only consumer. For everything now, Music, Movies, Comics, and Games. Heck, I even buy my tickets on the Fandango app and reload my Starbucks card on my app to pay for my coffee every morning.

I have had my Xbox 360 (and Original Xbox) plugged into the interview for over 7 years. I was on board for EVERYTHING that Microsoft was selling at the reveal. Always online? Great, mine is anyway. Digital Sharing? Fantastic, because I only buy digital. Kinect has to be plugged in? Fine, I haven't unplugged my first Kinect since launch. Seriously, I was ON. BOARD.

What they have showed is that they are more concerning with keeping the whining babies happy as opposed to innovating on the medium. I'm going to throw a name out there......Nintendo. Does anyone own a Wii U? I'm sure not much of us. Is the Tablet Controller a good idea? I don't think so, but that's opinion. Does Nintendo care what I think? No.....NO, they don't now and haven't. On the hardware side it's always been about innovation. Has it always worked? Nah, the Virtual Boy, and currently the Wii U, are proof that it's not always gold in Nintendo land. However, what did we say about Nintendo DS? What did we say about the Wii Remote? And how amazing did those things sell? Even now, they announce a 2DS and most of us scoff at the idea. But that will probably be the best selling piece of hardware this Christmas.

My point is that Innovation is what makes a company stand out. I'm mostly disappointed because I felt like the "first" Xbox One was an innovative box being always online, pushing digital sales, and focusing on the cloud. And now the "new' Xbox One is just an Xbox 360 with better graphics.
#12nameless0101Posted 9/4/2013 8:23:40 AM
Whilst I think Microsoft had some extremely good ideas under their layers of anti-consumer rubbish, they were dreadful at pointing out to us why said ideas were good.

They needed to sit back and reevaluate what it was they were trying to do and tweak bits here and there before coming up with a different way to market it.

I think in some ways its a shame they gave in so easily because it would have been interesting to see what the One became, now they just look weak and come across like they have no conviction.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag DeludedFool
PSN Name also DeludedFool
#1395_EclipsePosted 9/4/2013 9:01:48 AM
Idiots are probably bummed, people with brains are pretty happy about all the changes.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#14Sega9599Posted 9/4/2013 9:06:23 AM
BrownGotti posted...
To say no one wants Kinect is laughable if you actually look at the sales of the original Kinect. It's probably the most successful video game accessory of all time. .

seeing as accessories include stuff like controllers and memory cards and such, no I don't think Kinect wins in that category either.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#15DevilTears604(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 9:07:14 AM
NeoLego posted...
supermoc10 posted...
What I don't like is how MS didn't have the balls to show us why the DRM stuff would make the console better for us. I buy all games digitally so I kind of liked the original policies.

I am also a Digital only consumer. For everything now, Music, Movies, Comics, and Games. Heck, I even buy my tickets on the Fandango app and reload my Starbucks card on my app to pay for my coffee every morning.

I have had my Xbox 360 (and Original Xbox) plugged into the interview for over 7 years. I was on board for EVERYTHING that Microsoft was selling at the reveal. Always online? Great, mine is anyway. Digital Sharing? Fantastic, because I only buy digital. Kinect has to be plugged in? Fine, I haven't unplugged my first Kinect since launch. Seriously, I was ON. BOARD.

What they have showed is that they are more concerning with keeping the whining babies happy as opposed to innovating on the medium. I'm going to throw a name out there......Nintendo. Does anyone own a Wii U? I'm sure not much of us. Is the Tablet Controller a good idea? I don't think so, but that's opinion. Does Nintendo care what I think? No.....NO, they don't now and haven't. On the hardware side it's always been about innovation. Has it always worked? Nah, the Virtual Boy, and currently the Wii U, are proof that it's not always gold in Nintendo land. However, what did we say about Nintendo DS? What did we say about the Wii Remote? And how amazing did those things sell? Even now, they announce a 2DS and most of us scoff at the idea. But that will probably be the best selling piece of hardware this Christmas.

My point is that Innovation is what makes a company stand out. I'm mostly disappointed because I felt like the "first" Xbox One was an innovative box being always online, pushing digital sales, and focusing on the cloud. And now the "new' Xbox One is just an Xbox 360 with better graphics.

Well, I don't think it was about placating the "whiny crybabies." I think it had more to do with preorders. I mean, it's one thing to hear rhetoric. It's another thing entirely to see how it could affect the bottom line. That's why all these companies are in the game business..to make money. Look at the Wii U. It's doing pretty poorly so far, and it had none of the anti-consumer perception that Microsoft had. They probably foresaw an even worse starting position for Xbox One because of that perception.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#16TheCyborgNinjaPosted 9/4/2013 9:15:39 AM
I'm buying it because it changed so much. I was using it as a punching bag before.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#17AzaneAzerPosted 9/4/2013 9:28:21 AM
Everything they initially announced was a disappointment and shift in the wrong direction.

As they started backtracking through all of their poor policies, it was too late, Signed, a former 360 fanboy.
#18kidwgmPosted 9/4/2013 9:34:57 AM
Absolutely! After the console reveal I was super excited for this new system. Then I see all the crying started and MS cowered to them. I'm still getting it but I feel with all these changes MS has implemented since the reveal we are really getting xbox 360 v 2.0 instead of an all new console that they initially started with.
---
GT: Kid Whimsical 3DS FC: 4811-7436-8881
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.)
#19DamnEvilDogPosted 9/4/2013 9:35:23 AM
I was supremely pissed when I first heard about the Xbox One, then I took the time to read up on it and thought it was gonna be amazing.

But people did not want this future that Microsoft had envisioned, so they cried out and Microsoft listened, but that is ok, I just want the console so I can play my games.
#20regsantotomasPosted 9/4/2013 9:41:02 AM
The majority of the changes and tweaks to their policy and prerequisites provides a much more palatable transition to next generation. Beyond the poor PR, the previous policies were far too abrupt and jarring for many gamers.

I hope that Family Sharing can return in a meaningful way.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego