Is anybody else a little bummed that Microsoft changed Xbox One so much?

#21DevilTears604(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 2:00:15 PM
I just wonder if what happened with them is going to scare away all other console makers from trying to push the medium any further along or if it's just going to stay where it is for good.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#22SilentS89Posted 9/7/2013 11:50:22 AM
I disagree strongly, each 180 made the Xbox One a better system and I respect that Microsoft improved their system. Even if we had to drag them kicking and screaming to make that happen.
#23BudWisenheimerPosted 9/7/2013 11:58:53 AM
Shhhhh. Here's a secret: It hasn't really changed all that much. Especially if you're patient and buy all digital.
#24METALINGUS5150Posted 9/7/2013 12:13:54 PM
Every 180 is pushing the console towards what it should have been in the first place.
#25maheo30Posted 9/7/2013 12:47:52 PM
NeoLego posted...
supermoc10 posted...
What I don't like is how MS didn't have the balls to show us why the DRM stuff would make the console better for us. I buy all games digitally so I kind of liked the original policies.

I am also a Digital only consumer. For everything now, Music, Movies, Comics, and Games. Heck, I even buy my tickets on the Fandango app and reload my Starbucks card on my app to pay for my coffee every morning.

I have had my Xbox 360 (and Original Xbox) plugged into the interview for over 7 years. I was on board for EVERYTHING that Microsoft was selling at the reveal. Always online? Great, mine is anyway. Digital Sharing? Fantastic, because I only buy digital. Kinect has to be plugged in? Fine, I haven't unplugged my first Kinect since launch. Seriously, I was ON. BOARD.

What they have showed is that they are more concerning with keeping the whining babies happy as opposed to innovating on the medium. I'm going to throw a name out there......Nintendo. Does anyone own a Wii U? I'm sure not much of us. Is the Tablet Controller a good idea? I don't think so, but that's opinion. Does Nintendo care what I think? No.....NO, they don't now and haven't. On the hardware side it's always been about innovation. Has it always worked? Nah, the Virtual Boy, and currently the Wii U, are proof that it's not always gold in Nintendo land. However, what did we say about Nintendo DS? What did we say about the Wii Remote? And how amazing did those things sell? Even now, they announce a 2DS and most of us scoff at the idea. But that will probably be the best selling piece of hardware this Christmas.

My point is that Innovation is what makes a company stand out. I'm mostly disappointed because I felt like the "first" Xbox One was an innovative box being always online, pushing digital sales, and focusing on the cloud. And now the "new' Xbox One is just an Xbox 360 with better graphics.

You can't see me, but I'm clapping and cheering at your post.
---
The world should realize with increased clearness that Evangelicalism stands or falls with Calvinism. (Dr. B.B. Warfield)
#26HENTAIDOJIPosted 9/7/2013 12:49:55 PM
Bummed about the game sharing.

It was the pioneer of a digital lending library. Would do for gaming what Amazon kindle did for trees.

Everything else is an extension of their already existing policies so no biggie.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#27Foxx3kPosted 9/7/2013 12:56:01 PM
I liked a lot of what Microsoft was doing. But I'm a multiplayer gamer so I go to where my friends are. And because of the policies, all my friends went PS4. And now they're back on Xbox One, presumably for brand loyalty.

So ... yes, but also it doesn't really matter.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]