X1 sold without Kinect?

#21FinzFan4lifePosted 9/4/2013 3:55:11 PM
TMOG posted...
Just gonna buy it used without a Kinect. That way I get the system cheaper and without a useless gimmick I don't want, and Microsoft doesn't have its Xbox One profits tainted by my filthy non-Kinect money.

It's win-win!

Ok so how do you plan on doing this I doubt any person selling the Xbox one doesn't want it any more and 2 game stop won't sell or buy it with out it.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#22iSkadooshPosted 9/4/2013 4:02:52 PM
It's quite amusing that the kinect failed so hard this gen that they are going to force it down peoples throats next gen, even if it causes them to lose sales.
#23TMOGPosted 9/4/2013 4:21:09 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
TMOG posted...
Just gonna buy it used without a Kinect. That way I get the system cheaper and without a useless gimmick I don't want, and Microsoft doesn't have its Xbox One profits tainted by my filthy non-Kinect money.

It's win-win!

Ok so how do you plan on doing this I doubt any person selling the Xbox one doesn't want it any more and 2 game stop won't sell or buy it with out it.

Okay.

1 - Read the bold part and explain to me how what you said isn't a self-contradiction.
2 - Gamestop isn't the only used game store in existence. There will most likely be shops selling them separately to make more money off of the sales, or to sell replacement Kinects to anybody who has a camera break.
---
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6870/tmog01.png
#24Mr_arizonaPosted 9/4/2013 4:56:48 PM
TMOG posted...
Microsoft said they can't remove the online requirement from the console because it was too involved with how the system functions.
Microsoft said they can't remove the requirement to have the Kinect plugged in because the hardware was designed that way.

So why are you taking it as gospel that they'll never sell a Kinectless SKU just because Microsoft says so?

The difference between those and and including a Kinect is those are mostly just restrictions and ticky tack policies where as not even including the Kinect means that person for sure will never consider picking up a Kinect game and developers will feel less of an incentive to make Kinect titles due to not everyone having one.

By forcing to at least purchase one with the console Microsoft is banking all your crying for not wanting it will change once you have it and feel well I might as well use it. Half the complainers on here will end up using it a few times or buy at least 1 game for it.
As for developers they can feel a bit more comfortable making Kinect features into their game knowing it wont go to waste on the Xbox version.

Mind you I disagree with this business approach as the 360 Kinect shows developers don't want to take a real chance on it and don't put out more than simple party/dance games. Even Microsoft Studios hasn't attempted to create anything worth a damn on the Kinect so far.
Xbox One Kinect just means more sales for Dance Central 7, 8, etc... and mini games flooding the market.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9286/tennisskirtblow.gif
#25Foxx3kPosted 9/4/2013 4:59:31 PM
There are a lot of people that will tell you the Xbox One will be released without a Kinect 2.0.

"We will never launch without the Kinect" is just about the only thing that Microsoft gives a straight consistent story on.

So, you know, believe what you want.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#26AxelPoe(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 12:21:43 PM
lanmanna posted...
If their sales aren't up to par, they'll change their word. All companies do it.

That is exactly why MS took those 180s.
Smart move on their end.
---
[{o}] Hope Never Dies [{o}]
GT: Axel Poe / FC: 4098 - 3159 - 4611
#27TheKnifeMonkeyPosted 9/5/2013 12:23:32 PM
Nope. Still forced to pay for an optional accessory.
---
25, living like I was born yesterday
Loving life, doing right, earning every breath I take
#28Orange_ApplesPosted 9/5/2013 12:25:28 PM
lanmanna posted...
Never listen to a company that says never. If their sales aren't up to par, they'll change their word. All companies do it.

They've been doing that since June.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#29AxelPoe(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 12:38:08 PM
TheKnifeMonkey posted...
Nope. Still forced to pay for an optional accessory.

TBH, I don't care that I have to buy it.
Do to the fact I'm just happy I no longer need to hook it up to play.
---
[{o}] Hope Never Dies [{o}]
GT: Axel Poe / FC: 4098 - 3159 - 4611