Who correctly predicted the November 22nd release date?

#1AmazingDanyPosted 9/4/2013 9:46:06 AM
Which is also the sad 50th anniversary of JFK's assassination.
#2regsantotomasPosted 9/4/2013 9:49:09 AM
Not me.

My money was on Nov 8th.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#3DarkHieiPosted 9/4/2013 10:02:19 AM
Ryan Mcaffrey tweeted it like a week or 2 ago and it made sense since it's the 8 year anniversary for the release of the 360. I made a topic about it last week but most ignored it I think.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#4SuperHoneyBunnyPosted 9/4/2013 10:16:55 AM
Some dude at Gamestop told me a few weeks ago that it was the 22nd.
I was like whatever you don't know anything.
Now I'm wiping egg off my face.
#5Orange_ApplesPosted 9/4/2013 11:21:37 AM
I was thinking it would be the 22nd
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#6MetroidFan9999Posted 9/4/2013 11:25:53 AM
I did, I won $1500 in vegas.
---
That's just, like...your opinion, man.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#7cyric21Posted 9/4/2013 12:49:14 PM
my money was on november 5th because of call of duty ghost thought they would want to release around same time and before -ps4 releases
#8crucialPosted 9/4/2013 12:57:19 PM
Nope I was thinking the 8th or the 12th but at least I know now and gives me time to save up for another game or 2 as well so it will work out.
#9djwagonPosted 9/4/2013 3:48:35 PM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101007561?__source=xfinity|mod&par=xfinity or here it is in non-link form

Technology
Mobile
Software
Hardware
Social Media
Gaming
Data

Microsoft: Xbox One pre-order supply nearly sold out
Text Size
Published: Wednesday, 4 Sep 2013 | 9:45 AM ET

Twitter

LinkedIn

Getty Images

Retail stores in many markets have run out of Microsoft's Xbox One consoles available for pre-orders, a senior company executive said, ahead of a major clash with Sony's new lower-priced Playstation 4 this November.

Microsoft's first new gaming console in eight years will go on sale Nov. 22 in 13 countries, Yusuf Mehdi, vice president of marketing, strategy and business for the Xbox, said in an interview.

That will put it one week behind the PlayStation 4 in the United States but ahead in many European countries where Sony's first new console in seven years is slated to go on sale on Nov. 29.

(Read more: Why it may be time to sell Microsoft)

The third-generation Xbox marks Microsoft's strongest push so far to dominate consumers' living rooms with an array of exclusive game and media content.

It has gone into full production and pre-orders have so far outpaced the available supply to retail stores in most markets.

"We have more pre-orders than any other Xbox console releases in history," Mehdi said, adding that the company would "enable some incremental, additional units for the day one release." He declined to give further details on the pre-orders.

The PlayStation 4, priced $100 lower than the Xbox One at $399, had more than 1 million pre-orders worldwide, Sony said last month.

(Read more: Xbox One-80: Behind Microsoft's multiple about-faces)

The U.S. company is sticking to Nov. 22 for its U.S. launch date as it is the anniversary of the 2005 launch of the Xbox 360, which helped Microsoft take the lead in the then-thriving industry. The gaming hardware industry has since lost much ground to casual gaming on smartphones and other mobile devices.

In Europe, Microsoft has struck a partnership with Electronic Arts to bundle its "FIFA 14" title from its popular soccer game franchise for free with pre-ordered consoles.

(Read more: Is Elop being groomed to take over top job at Microsoft?)

Mehdi said an upgraded Kinect motion sensor, cloud-gaming services and a lift in the consoles processing power to 1.75 gigahertz from 1.6 gigahertz would differentiate the Xbox One from its rivals.

The 13 markets set for a November launch are Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, the United Kingdom, the United States and New Zealand.

The launch has been delayed in some markets until 2014 to work on customizing the user interface and translating software to native languages. These markets include Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, and Switzerland.

óReuters
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#10AnatomyHorrorPosted 9/4/2013 3:50:14 PM
I called a friend as I had no internet today and he said "guess what the release date is?" I said Nov. 5th. Nope. I then said Nov. 22nd.