Now all cards are on the table for launch, which console are you getting?

#81xtacbPosted 9/6/2013 9:55:40 AM
cpcjlc3 posted...
For those who intend to get a PS4. If the rumors turn out to be true and the xbox is more powerful, will this change your opinion since many say the biggest reason is the PS4 is more powerful as their #1 decision point?

what rumors?

even the xbox one clockspeed to 1.7, PS4 is STILL more powerful, way more teraflops and such
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#82cpcjlc3Posted 9/6/2013 10:06:42 AM
xtacb posted...
cpcjlc3 posted...
For those who intend to get a PS4. If the rumors turn out to be true and the xbox is more powerful, will this change your opinion since many say the biggest reason is the PS4 is more powerful as their #1 decision point?

what rumors?

even the xbox one clockspeed to 1.7, PS4 is STILL more powerful, way more teraflops and such

For the sake of education, allow me to lift the rock you've been living under ( please don't take offense as I say that in good fun). Another poster named TheHunter_Orion explained it best and I'll quote him:

I came across here and decided to make an account because people seem to not get the idea. It is really simple what Microsoft did here. First, let me start here. Microsoft will not increase the price you d*** a****. The message here is that they have been "hiding", key word. Hiding. It's been there the whole time. They just never told anyone because of a NDA with AMD. They cannot talk about it. So to say "Microsoft can't do this because they said they are breaking even and that power costs money." Forget that logic.

Why forget that logic? Second, the Volcanic Islands chips are REALLY cheap. They offer heavy weight graphics of Nvidia Titan level for a LOT less. No more paying $1000 cards to have the best gaming hardware. On September 25th, you will find that out when they announce these chips. Do not take my word for it.

Third, SemiAccurate has confirmed that in the GPU portion of the APU; quote - "The GPU block is where things start to get really interesting to the point where calling it only GPU is almost a misnomer. Graphics are by far the majority of the transistors here but there are at least seven other blocks in that area." The chip for the APU is massive. They have the size for the CPU subtracted and the GPU. Excluding the eSRAM, there is space for something else that Microsoft has not revealed yet.

http://semiaccurate.com/2013/08/30/a-deep-dive-in-to-microsofts-xbox-one-gpu-and-on-die-memory/

Fourth, the math that Sony has done says the PS4 is 30% more powerful, Microsoft has straight up denied. You will see in the following link.

http://www.examiner.com/article/microsoft-s-penello-no-way-is-xbox-one-giving-up-30-power-advantage-to-ps4

"I'm stating that not everyone knows all the facts. There are still a lot of important details about the platforms that are still unknown. I have many, many questions about what Sony is doing technically," - Microsoft's Albert Penello

"Iím not saying they havenít built a good system Ė Iím merely saying that anyone who wants to die on their sword over this 30%+ power advantage are going to be fighting an uphill battle over the next 10 yearsÖ" - Microsoft's Albert Penello

Fifth. AMD's September 25th conference revealing the APU + dGPU setup.

http://wccftech.com/amd-confirmed-unveil-volcanic-islands-hawaii-gpu-hawaii-25th-september/

Sixth. The next day, September 26th at the Eurogames Expo, the Xbox Vice President Phil Harrison will be there and will be holding a conference.

"According to Eurogamer, Microsoft corporate vice president Phil Harrison will be there to present an Xbox One presentation at 12pm BST on Thursday September 26. The session will also be streamed online on the Eurogamer YouTube channel." - VG247

Put the pieces together. Microsoft has told you no one knows everything about the Xbox One's final performance. Microsoft has said the PS4 is more power-gap is laughable. Microsoft conveniently has a press conference at the Eurogames expo the day after AMD reveals their new chips featuring a more powerful dGPU. Logic says something is happening. I still don't believe 100% this is true, but I can no longer deny it is a HEAVY possibility.

( Thanks cor the great post and explination Orion)
#83ebm2012Posted 9/6/2013 10:26:29 AM(edited)
PS4 although I am not purchasing it at launch(Unless they bundle it with vita)

However if the PS4 has bad online, then I will just stick with my PC. There is a 0% chance I will get xbox one at launch or anytime in the future.

I was originally going to purchase the xbox one until I found out that Microsoft was trying to screw over everybody. Well, they lost a customer for life and the fact that they won't show gameplay concerns me.

I strongly dislike when people call each other "fanboys" when they have different opinions than you. I started out with a N64 ->PS1->Ps2->Xbox 360->PS4(Unless the online is bad)

I just prefer to stick with companies that I can trust and actually look to the future instead of making a quick buck. IMO Sony's system is future proof.

I can't comment on the WiiU because I was never interested in that product, although I would trust that product more than the Xbox One(Which is constantly changing).

*Edit*

I highly doubt all of the cards are on the table.
#84SomnusNemorisPosted 9/7/2013 1:34:45 AM
Boosh
---
www.last.fm/user/AstuteClass
#85matt-nicklinPosted 9/7/2013 1:57:34 AM
I'm about 90% sure im getting an Xbox one day one, getting the one with the forza 5 digital download. I wouldn't bother otherwise. I would wait till spring to get destiny or titanfall, but seeing as it will be the same price might as well get a free game.

I also have a Wii U but no games really, waiting for Mario kart 8 and wind waker HD (will probably wait awhile for that one though)
---
Black FC 2924 3613 2338
#86Spetsnaz420Posted 9/7/2013 4:11:35 AM
DamnEvilDog posted...
SomnusNemoris posted...
And as I said, this poll was made yesterday, on the day the X1 was given a release date and the board was brimming with all its fans coming to talk about the news.

Spin all you want, but the PS4 smoking the X1 on its own board is not good.

You're also disregarding that this isn't neutral ground. Go to the PS4 board and this same thread shows the PS4 at 90%.

PS4 board is filled with PS4 fanboys, Xbox One Board is over run with PS3 fanboys (mostly trolls) and are voting for the PS4

This is nice and objective, why do you persist in these actions? do you not have enough to talk about on YOUR console board?

Being a fanboy is tragic, should just be happy with the games, not quibbling about stupid crap.

Ok so lets assume you're correct and every vote for PS4 is a fanboy. Isn't it bad that fans of a different console are outnumbering the fans of its respective board? If this is reflective of current state of affairs, that doesn't bode well for MS.

You can complain about board invaders...but iy happens on every board...in fact I've seen several familiar faces from this board trolling the PS4 board. Face it...this is just what people do.
---
I don't conform to social convention
#87ScreamingMidgetPosted 9/7/2013 5:42:27 PM
DamnEvilDog posted...
SomnusNemoris posted...
And as I said, this poll was made yesterday, on the day the X1 was given a release date and the board was brimming with all its fans coming to talk about the news.

Spin all you want, but the PS4 smoking the X1 on its own board is not good.

You're also disregarding that this isn't neutral ground. Go to the PS4 board and this same thread shows the PS4 at 90%.

PS4 board is filled with PS4 fanboys, Xbox One Board is over run with PS3 fanboys (mostly trolls) and are voting for the PS4

This is nice and objective, why do you persist in these actions? do you not have enough to talk about on YOUR console board?

Being a fanboy is tragic, should just be happy with the games, not quibbling about stupid crap.

This is rich, coming from a delusional Xbox fanboy.
#88VioletZer0Posted 9/7/2013 5:43:32 PM
Lmao, poor Wii U. And the Xbox One losing on its own board, ouch.

>_>

<_<

PS Vita.
#89SomnusNemorisPosted 9/7/2013 10:51:54 PM
Boosh!
---
www.last.fm/user/AstuteClass
#90TYTOS_LANNISTERPosted 9/8/2013 11:29:18 PM
Dem results!