81 Features but if you've got Silver, you don't get ONE !

#21ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 5:11:50 PM
TGWolfwood posted...
ILikesCheese posted the following on the Xbox 360 boards in defense of paying for Xbox Live Gold. Here is the link. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/65421853

You're welcome.

ILikesCheese
Posted 2/12/2013 12:07:07 PM
This topic and its clones will never go away. Because Gamefaqs and similar forums are mostly populated by young, foolish, and ignorant kids. Or Fanboys. Who are probably also kids.

The truth is this:

1) The Pro-Xbox crew are ignorant in constantly bringing up the PSN hack of May 2011. The situation is indeed a black mark on the service, but s*** happens. And it will likely NEVER happen again. PSN is in all reality 10 times more secure than LIVE or any online service now because of it.

2) The Pro-Playstation crew are either simpletons or touched in the head when it comes to what you get for "free" with PSN. The service is subpar in every conceivable way to Live, with the exception that it costs nothing. Download speeds are 5 to 7 times slower, stability in multi-player games is much weaker, lag is more problematic and many games take some strange finagling of the router in order to work properly. (These are not opinions; these are proven facts. Before you look like a two year old and shout "Nuh-UNH!" perhaps you should look into it.)

In the end, it is worth it to me to pay the yearly cost of a Family Gold pack to have four online Xbox accounts for the household. In many ways you can compare the difference between gaming services to the old "rabbit ears" free TV vs Cable, and the truism: "You get what you pay for."

I understand kids without jobs and low allowances are wont to whine though.

Yeah.

And?

I feel you were trying to make a point of some sort and forgot it somewhere along the way.

:)
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#22VoidBeyondPosted 9/4/2013 5:12:41 PM
iSkadoosh posted...
bessy67 posted...
Jesus christ, where the hell are the mods? Do they ever actually do anything?

WAAAAH these people are criticizing my favorite console WAAAAAAH mods help me WAAAAAHHHH

Xbots can be so pathetic.

Are you REALLY acting like you're so much better than he is? Mocking him and calling him a name? You're literally no better than he. Nor am I better than you, I'm just pointing out that the way you're acting is no different.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN Black2 FC: 2280 6133 3461
#23ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 5:15:19 PM
bessy67 posted...
Jesus christ, where the hell are the mods? Do they ever actually do anything?

I'm not quite sure what it is you are complaining about that should be modded...

Is something untruthful in this post? Seems like simple facts to me.

Of course, if you were an Xbox Fanboy or an Xbox Fanboy Moderator, ANYTHING that bespeaks ill of Microsoft, true or not, is grounds for "moderation."

;)
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#24TwistedxL3G3NDPosted 9/4/2013 5:16:25 PM
WHAT?!?! I have to have GOLD to order pizza on my Xbox One?!?!

I guess I'll never order pizza again.
---
Hey guise look at my PC specs I'm sure you all care!
#25Mr_arizonaPosted 9/4/2013 5:22:18 PM
When the 360 first came out Gold had 2 features. Online play and early access to demos. Now they've added 81 new features that the TC is so clear to point out and now people have a problem all of a sudden? Obviously people thought it was worth it alone for just the multiplayer aspect so only about the 5% of Silver players who are connected to online can't access some of these features.
A lot of these features are just gravy to the real reason you bought it which is online play which you would've done even without any of those extras.

People just need an excuse to complain and if all these features were accessible to Silver accounts but you still need Gold to play online then the same number of people who bought Gold before will still buy Gold anyways.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9286/tennisskirtblow.gif
#26JeffandhisbanjoPosted 9/4/2013 5:26:13 PM
I guess the point of this thread is to pony up that $5 the 1st of the month and rock out with your **** out
#27Mister_LintonPosted 9/4/2013 5:31:46 PM
"Paywall" was the idiot word of the week a few weeks ago. We should still be on "low yields" this week if I am not mistaken. We will be cycling back to "shill" soon, but "paywall" is a ways off for the whining train. Get with the times pony...
#28JeffandhisbanjoPosted 9/4/2013 5:32:49 PM
Mister_Linton posted...
"Paywall" was the idiot word of the week a few weeks ago. We should still be on "low yields" this week if I am not mistaken. We will be cycling back to "shill" soon, but "paywall" is a ways off for the whining train. Get with the times pony...

Aww man I miss shill
#29BoxTheMuppetPosted 9/4/2013 5:38:22 PM
Hey TC. Nobody cares!
We pay to play online (now with thousands and thousands of dedicated servers) everything else is bonus.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#30TGWolfwoodPosted 9/4/2013 8:43:56 PM
ILikesCheese posted...

Yeah.

And?

I feel you were trying to make a point of some sort and forgot it somewhere along the way.

:)

No, I don't have to make a point, you already made it. Here, let me embolden your own words for you.

In many ways you can compare the difference between gaming services to the old "rabbit ears" free TV vs Cable, and the truism: "You get what you pay for."

I understand kids without jobs and low allowances are wont to whine though.
---
We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but sometimes we're driven to become the devil himself
PSN, XBL, MGO: TGWolfwood