Trust me people, online check every 24 hours will come back.

#21Mr_arizonaPosted 9/4/2013 5:45:24 PM
1. Bringing the policy back at any point during the One's life ensures there is no Two. Or Four? Or whatever the 4th Xbox console will be called. The PR damage they recieve ensures they would never recover.

2. Piracy would happen no matter what. Even with the check ins in place you knew hackers just couldn't wait to get their hands on the One and toss up Youtube videos of them playing offline. The check in policy hurts gamers, doesn't stop piracy, and just gives Microsoft a leash for their consumers.

3. My math for used games is this. 2/10 gamers buy used solely. If Microsoft forced the used restrictions then those 2/10 go to another console and they in turn maybe piss off another 2/10 or 3/10 leaving them 5/10 for doing this.
8/10 > 5/10
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9286/tennisskirtblow.gif
#22HeracylostPosted 9/4/2013 5:48:20 PM
I'm sure they'll reinstate the 24hr check, but only to check for modded systems and counterfeit games on said system.
I doubt it would have the impact as the 24hr check in, I doubt they'll even tell anyone they do it for as long as they can get away with it.

As for the DD world.

Not many want to waste 60$ on something they don't physically have. 5-10$ fine, anything else no. End of story.
#23Demon_AckerPosted 9/4/2013 5:51:45 PM
Are you a whale biologist TC
#24Gamer4e4Posted 9/4/2013 5:52:37 PM
ifesfor posted...
Following this article:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/xbox-ones-digital-sharing-will-return-when-the-time-is-right

NOTHING will prevent microsoft of finding an excuse to put the ONLINE check back. Piracy have just have to pop up, and microsoft will come out with an excuse like " In order to prevent piracy we now need to do this 24 hours check up etc..."

I even smell the used game policies changing back.

Now that they shut everybody mouth with their turn around, grab your money and nuts, they will find the right and proper excuse to put things as they were supposed to.

Do not tell me you haven't been warned. I saw it coming when they suddenly became friendly rather than having their hostile "deal with it or get an xbox 360 " attitude. We love you people, we move back and love you all...yeah yeah...

Totally agree with you and I don't want that, so I'll simply not buy an Xbox One.
#25SilentS89Posted 9/6/2013 2:20:20 AM
All these recent articles with ms getting all nostalgic for drm suggests tc is right.
#26MrSpaM111Posted 9/6/2013 2:35:22 AM
You'd have to be pretty dumb to think that they are keeping the system DRM free in the future, honestly I'd give it a year until they start trying to force you to buy digital, then a year later it'll be "You want family share back? HERE IT IS! (P.S. this means the online check in is back as well)"
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#27chrish909Posted 9/6/2013 3:29:25 AM
Trust me people, tc is scared that the ps4 wont sell
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#28Spetsnaz420Posted 9/6/2013 3:53:44 AM(edited)
The real problem with their old model was that it was fundamentally flawed out the gate. If MS wants digital to be the focus they need to make the digital purchases more attractive to potential buyers. Forcing everyone down the digital road with sudo digital physical games was bound to backfire and they should have known that long before they announced it.

There's no reason all the benefits of family share etc couldn't exist for digital purchases. Instead MS did the equivalent of taking their ball and going home like the kid at the park that doesn't like how the game is being played.

The game market belongs to us the gamers. We decide what succeeds and what fails and we've spoken. If you're in the minority who dissagree with the majority then I'm sorry but this just simply isn't what most of us want...and it's up to them to deliver.
---
I don't conform to social convention
#29jjordan0002Posted 9/6/2013 4:03:46 AM
When I preordered it had a 24 hour check. So I don't care. If you don't like it move along
---
Xbox Live: D3ad1yV1rus
#30PoloMan6Posted 9/6/2013 4:05:05 AM
Nope, not gonna happen.