Xbox One is in FULL production NOW! But something is sketchy about this...

#182xenoPosted 9/4/2013 4:49:23 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/xbox-one-is-now-in-full-production-with-an-improved-cpu

If they are just now starting full production...tell me again why I am still required to go online day one to download a patch, to remove the silly policies they were trying to implement?

There is something mighty fishy about all of this, tbqh.
---
Shwing
#2bessy67Posted 9/4/2013 4:50:54 PM
Why is it that no one had a problem when Nintendo required a day one update for Wii U but when MS requires a day one update it's the apocalypse?
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3iSkadooshPosted 9/4/2013 4:51:05 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4Foxx3kPosted 9/4/2013 4:51:29 PM
Well, it could be that the initial operating system was flashed onto the memory / HD a long time ago.

Or, the patch still isn't done so it's not ready to install.

Just because it's beginning production now doesn't mean that each individual part is beginning production. The supply chain has been in motion for a while probably.

But, you know, that's just me applying logic and reason to the situation. So I fully plan on being ignored.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#5AnatomyHorrorPosted 9/4/2013 5:04:45 PM(edited)
Probably built into the bios or cpu or something. You'd have to update it's firmware to change it. Perhaps there was just no way around it.

Also, bet money that if you lose power during this XB1 update, your console will brick.
#682xeno(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 4:52:04 PM
bessy67 posted...
Why is it that no one had a problem when Nintendo required a day one update for Wii U but when MS requires a day one update it's the apocalypse?

Ummm...because Nintendo's "day one patch" doesn't involve removing horrendous consumer screwing policies?

Just a hunch...
---
Shwing
#7VoidBeyondPosted 9/4/2013 4:53:07 PM
Foxx3k posted...
Well, it could be that the initial operating system was flashed onto the memory / HD a long time ago.

Or, the patch still isn't done so it's not ready to install.

Just because it's beginning production now doesn't mean that each individual part is beginning production. The supply chain has been in motion for a while probably.

But, you know, that's just me applying logic and reason to the situation. So I fully plan on being ignored.

I've seen you post around these boards. I like you.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN Black2 FC: 2280 6133 3461
#8bessy67Posted 9/4/2013 4:53:15 PM
82xeno posted...
bessy67 posted...

Ummm...because Nintendo's "day one patch" doesn't involve removing horrendous consumer screwing policies?

Just a hunch...

And...ignored. Man, my ignore list is getting huge...
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#982xeno(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 4:53:36 PM
AnatomyHorror posted...
Probably built into the bios or cpu or something. Will have to update it's firmware to change it. Perhaps there was just no way around it.

Also, bet money that if you lose power during this XB1 update, your console will brick.

That is one thing I am worried about honestly...but I am also worried about them keeping the software in place simply to casually reverse back when the casual userbase finally jumps on board.
---
Shwing
#1082xeno(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 4:55:09 PM
bessy67 posted...
82xeno posted...
bessy67 posted...

Just a hunch...

And...ignored. Man, my ignore list is getting huge...

Wow...

Seriously?
---
Shwing