Xbox One is in FULL production NOW! But something is sketchy about this...

#71SirLemontPosted 9/4/2013 7:56:15 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
SirLemont posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...
82xeno posted...
If they are just now starting full production...tell me again why I am still required to go online day one to download a patch, to remove the silly policies they were trying to implement?

That's not at all what's happening. It's not a patch. The DRM was never implemented. The Xbones in production right now have no OS. They only have the capability to power on and download the OS on day one.

The advantage to the 24-hour online check for developers was being able to work on software up to the last minute because there would be guaranteed Internet connection for updates every day of release on new games. Turn 10 was probably promised a longer development cycle because of this and that's why they've been given the opportunity have release day content for a large chunk of the game. Maybe the same courtesy should be given to Ryse and DR3.

Still with me?

So the OS's in the Xbone are on a similar development schedule right up until the final days before launch. This is probably why Larry said the DRM wasn't as easy as flipping a switch. He might have known the DRM-free OS would still be in development for several more months.

Yes MS quickly reversed the DRM policy (again the DRM wasn't technically ever implemented). But it wouldn't be fair to make their OS teams cut several weeks (EDIT: over two months actually) from their schedule just because we pitched a fit.

More the reason I believe the ditching of the DRM came from a higher power than from the outcry of fans.

The pre-orders were low. MS listened to what the biggest complaints were at the time. And they quickly changed their policies to improve the pre-orders and keep their working relationships healthy.

Consumers complained most about DRM - MS changed it

Retailers complained most about used games - MS changed it

Developers complained most about self publishing - MS changed it

So why did they changed the policies AFTER the preorder data came in? Fans were complaining for months, before the system was even announced. And yet, Microsoft was gung-ho on releasing a DRM-riddled system. Yes, they changed the policies, but don't fool yourself on thinking they did it for the fans. Because if that were the case, they would have never implemented these policies in the 1st place.
#72pushoPosted 9/4/2013 8:01:34 PM
bessy67 posted...
82xeno posted...
bessy67 posted...
Why is it that no one had a problem when Nintendo required a day one update for Wii U but when MS requires a day one update it's the apocalypse?

Ummm...because Nintendo's "day one patch" doesn't involve removing horrendous consumer screwing policies?

Just a hunch...

And...ignored. Man, my ignore list is getting huge...

maybe you're the one with the problem...
---
SoulSilver FC: 3395-5870-7789
Black FC: 0733-4647-7864
#73gamerboy100Posted 9/4/2013 8:03:51 PM
Foxx3k posted...
Well, it could be that the initial operating system was flashed onto the memory / HD a long time ago.

Or, the patch still isn't done so it's not ready to install.

Just because it's beginning production now doesn't mean that each individual part is beginning production. The supply chain has been in motion for a while probably.

But, you know, that's just me applying logic and reason to the situation. So I fully plan on being ignored.

Production isn't just beginning. They actually have some built and shipped out already.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/first-xbox-one-consoles-leaving-factory-6414048
#74Reginleif20Posted 9/4/2013 8:05:44 PM
82xeno posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/xbox-one-is-now-in-full-production-with-an-improved-cpu

If they are just now starting full production...tell me again why I am still required to go online day one to download a patch, to remove the silly policies they were trying to implement?

There is something mighty fishy about all of this, tbqh.

M$ in general is fishy
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#75atopp399Posted 9/4/2013 8:14:23 PM
I am more concerned they were required to reset their Xbox One systems at PAX for heat issues or whatever. If production is so far along why are they still having issues with their demo units?
#76M1911A1Posted 9/4/2013 8:17:35 PM
It's funny how this Budwisenheimer keeps avoiding the question every time he is asked to provide proof that the system is being shipped without an OS. It's just pure speculation and another thing to try and complain about regarding the X1. These trolls are running out of material.
#77axelfooley2k5Posted 9/4/2013 8:20:44 PM
bessy67 posted...
82xeno posted...
bessy67 posted...
Why is it that no one had a problem when Nintendo required a day one update for Wii U but when MS requires a day one update it's the apocalypse?

Ummm...because Nintendo's "day one patch" doesn't involve removing horrendous consumer screwing policies?

Just a hunch...

And...ignored. Man, my ignore list is getting huge...

add me
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#78bob15xPosted 9/4/2013 8:22:27 PM
82xeno posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/xbox-one-is-now-in-full-production-with-an-improved-cpu

There is something mighty fishy about all of this, tbqh.

MS already stated the patch hasnt anything to do with the drm
#79bob15xPosted 9/4/2013 8:24:57 PM
82xeno posted...
bessy67 posted...

Just a hunch...

how are they horrendous consumer screwing policies. I don't see any real issues because the people in the service thing.

These consoles are next to useless without the internet, you will get very little out of them.

But other than that, it was more used game friendly than the ps4, It allowed you to spend less money by sharing with family members, it allowed you to never have to worry about damaging game disks ever again.

What is so consumer screwing there?

and pls don't say lending, because people that borrow are not consumers, consumers pay for things, borrows don't.
#80gameboybrycePosted 9/4/2013 8:33:20 PM
All I keep seeing is if you have the internet you're good so there's no big deal. I raise you, when people inevitably buy the console who don't have internet (and if you don't believe these people will then you're deluding yourself), what will happen then?
---
This board has become a haven for Sony trolls, you have no idea what it is like going to sleep each night punching your pillow furiously.~TrashBoat
LMAO