Full games may be a rarity next gen.

#1DRzCalderonPosted 9/4/2013 7:18:21 PM
Especially with practices regarding micro-transactions and content being held in form of DLC.

I can see it now. 5 bucks to unlock a character or weapon already on the disc. Or teasing you with an area you cannot access, which is literally already in the game, just because you NEED to attain an item by purchase.

Listen, I'm optimistic for next gen but will have to realistically approach it in thought with what nasty money grabs their gonna throw at us that not only interferes with our experience but are going to grow even more common with most people not finding these cheap purchases of 5 dollars or more not being a big deal.

My only hope and thrive to continue into next gen are loyal and traditional developers such as Bedestha and Rockstar Games. These guys are phenomenal.
---
It's very strange when the life you never had flashes before your eyes. -Mental Imagery.
#2mmelzer2004Posted 9/4/2013 7:20:49 PM
I thought this was discovered about half-way through this current generation... Or at least it was assumed something like this would happen.
---
Currently Playing - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3)
#3Foxx3kPosted 9/4/2013 7:22:42 PM
I hate the notion of "holding back content." People who make claims like that act like they'd rather buy the developer's time than a product... which is ludicrous. You don't see games that take four years to develop costing more than games with a two year development cycle. Yet gamers still act like anything the developer touches must be part of "the game."
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#4vmufanPosted 9/4/2013 7:24:42 PM
That Disney Infinity game comes to mind.

My son was so hyped about it, he showed me the videos.

When I found that we had to buy dolls to unlock stuff already on the disc, i just said "No way!"

I will never support that kind of software, and it's up to all of us if that becomes the standard.
---
NOW LOADING SIGNATURE...
#5sworderPosted 9/4/2013 7:24:53 PM
Aren't MS fans to blame? MS brought all this crap. Now they're blatantly selling incomplete games and they eat it up

You reap what you sow
#66speednissanPosted 9/4/2013 7:57:04 PM
sworder posted...
Aren't MS fans to blame? MS brought all this crap. Now they're blatantly selling incomplete games and they eat it up

You reap what you sow

Lots of us wait for games to drop to $20 on sale or buy the games used.
#7MrImpatient35Posted 9/4/2013 8:29:29 PM
The Witcher 3. This topic is done.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#8DRzCalderon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 8:50:17 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...

I don't even consider The Witcher 3 to be next gen. Graphically it's ok but it needs to show me more. BTW, I couldn't enjoy The Witcher 2 due to the terrible combat. Especially when I'm used to that of Dark Souls.
---
It's very strange when the life you never had flashes before your eyes. -Mental Imagery.
#9Foxx3kPosted 9/4/2013 8:53:02 PM
DRzCalderon posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

I don't even consider The Witcher 3 to be next gen. Graphically it's ok but it needs to show me more. BTW, I couldn't enjoy The Witcher 2 due to the terrible combat. Especially when I'm used to that of Dark Souls.

Oh, I forgot all about how last gen people made arbitrary distinctions about what was next gen and not.

"Yeah, it's on next gen consoles, but it's not REALLY next gen."

Oh... I did not miss that at all...
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#10SparkItUpPosted 9/4/2013 9:54:31 PM
mmelzer2004 posted...
I thought this was discovered about half-way through this current generation... Or at least it was assumed something like this would happen.

^ this...Capcom is infamous for it
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...