Am i the only one who thinks is too early for next gen?

#11fissionprimer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 7:00:08 PM
sworder posted...
does someone have a gun to your head forcing you to upgrade?

i don't see the problem

wait 2 years and then not only have there been price drop, but there's an extensive library of games to choose from

it's just dumb to not want it to happen

Im just worried that it might bomb, because people this days wait for great software coming before buying.

But okay... I already know im not getting one on launch.

Im not convinced on that launch library.
---
Sorry for my grammar, I'm typing on Ipad.
#12SunDevil77Posted 9/4/2013 7:04:45 PM
fissionprimer posted...
Im just worried that it might bomb, because people this days wait for great software coming before buying.

No.
These days in the tech world, people buy what is new and popular. Like the PS4 and Xbox One.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#13fissionprimer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 7:30:34 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
fissionprimer posted...

No.
These days in the tech world, people buy what is new and popular. Like the PS4 and Xbox One.

No... They are far too expensive and the economy isn't great, people think before they buy now.
---
Sorry for my grammar, I'm typing on Ipad.
#14Foxx3kPosted 9/4/2013 7:32:39 PM
fissionprimer posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
fissionprimer posted...

No.

No... They are far too expensive and the economy isn't great, people think before they buy now.

lol
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#15Lord_Ka1nPosted 9/4/2013 7:43:08 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Too early? We're 2 years too late.
#16DrRockso87Posted 9/4/2013 8:12:27 PM
No. I want next-gen to come already. I want to see what new consoles can do.

Last year I would have been fine with current-gen consoles until 2015 but after hearing what they have to offer, I can't wait to see what developers do with this new generation.
#17_Elite_Bushido_Posted 9/4/2013 8:13:38 PM
fissionprimer posted...
_Elite_Bushido_ posted...
fissionprimer posted...
Last Gen will still give me lots of fun:

Grand Theft auto in september will last a long time before i get bored.
We also get:
Assasins Creed Black Flag
Dark Souls 2
&
Metal Gear Solid V

I see no point in going next gen yet, mostly because of GTAV but all of those games are coming.

And many more that i might forgot.

Gta this gen. Dark souls 2 on pc cuz it'll be better. Asscreed and MGS next gen. Easy

People keep telling PC, i like my games on console i use a PC for work. Thanks!

Why get MGS enxt-gen when it will be the same as current gen? Probably Black Flag too.

Dark souls will be better on pc plus you can use a controller.
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#18shadestreetPosted 9/4/2013 8:34:18 PM
I agree it is too early, but mainly because the new consoles have not demonstrated a major shift in gaming.

It was bound to happen someday, the leaps between generations have been less and less distinct - i.e., the jump from 8 bit to 16 bit was profound, the 32/64 bit generation gave us 3-D gaming, the PS2 era was equivalent to the 8-16 bit jump, the latest generation brought us HD, integrated online gaming, motion/Kinect/move, and a fully integrated entertaining platform.

But now we have almost exhausted the graphical threshold - where companies have found that fully leveraging the processing power means production costs are astronomical - to the point where I truly cannot discern that big of a difference when watching previews for the upcoming generation - in fact many times I have watched a trailer for a cross-gen XBox360 and assumed it was XBO footage and vice-a-versa.

The console makers know this of course, which is why 99% of the 'hype' for these new machines is about the side benefits - Xbox TV, Sony Share, Gaikai, Kinect 2, etc - they are trying to convince us the value proposition is in these new features as they realize the games will look extremely similar to the titles we have been playing the past half decade.

Nintendo of course recognized this issue, hence sticking with the current gen graphics and trying a new approach with the Gamepad to entice gamers, but that hasn't worked out too well either.

For such a minor graphical leap I had counted on this generation approaching 3 concepts - none of which occurred:
-Complete backwards compatibility - especially with the Arcade/PSN titles - this would give me comfort in buying into an ecosystem like XBL and I would probably never leave, same reason as great as a Samsung S4 is, I can never leave apple as I have invested too much in apps/games. If the next iPhone didn't carry over my legacy apps/music, I would jump ship in a heartbeat

-Realistic price points. $300 for a console in this economy, for what they are offering, and considering the stage has been set that you will ALWAYS need a subscription is fair. They are out of their minds thinking $400-$500 is delivering any value

-Become a replacement for my DVR. This is the only way a $400+ console makes any sense, and I would gladly pay much more if I could just drop my scientific atlantic box. I briefly felt joy upon learning about the Xbox One features until later I learned in fact it won't replace a set top box, at all. I thought we were ready for all-in-one entertainment systems. Guess not.