Xbox one cooling system?

#1saleonkennedyPosted 9/5/2013 2:04:24 AM
I noticed with my 360, that it makes my room uncomfortably warmer on muggy and hot days.

Does the xbox one have better technology where the system wont heat up the room as much?

I have a xbox 360 slim black by the way. The games i play are installed and the disc does not spin.
---
Not changing this sig until Leon Kennedy is in a fighting game. Started 7/14/2013
#2FoppePosted 9/5/2013 2:42:03 AM
So you want a system that puts the heat being blown out from the console to prevent it from overheating back into the console?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3PokebaldyPosted 9/5/2013 2:48:35 AM
If it makes you feel any better, the XBox machines at PAX has to be switch off every so often to prevent overheating it, assuming the retail product is close or similar to those units (when it's so close to launch, quite likely), the hot thing won't be your room, it will be your xbox one >___>
#4FoppePosted 9/5/2013 2:52:00 AM
Pokebaldy posted...
If it makes you feel any better, the XBox machines at PAX has to be switch off every so often to prevent overheating it, assuming the retail product is close or similar to those units (when it's so close to launch, quite likely), the hot thing won't be your room, it will be your xbox one >___>

Was it ever proved that it had to be reset because of overheating, or just a Kotaku writer not knowing what he wrote about just to generate more clicks?
Because the heat wont just disappear when you reboot the hardware, it's still there...
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#5Spetsnaz420Posted 9/5/2013 3:28:41 AM
Yeah resetting the console works better for memory issues than heat dissipation.
---
I don't conform to social convention
#6DOWBLACKNINJAPosted 9/5/2013 4:46:33 AM
Pokebaldy posted...

And this is from the multiple gameboybryce topics. With information from one random poster in a comment section. Smh the way unconfirmed information gets spread around.
---
Gamefaqs where opinions becomes facts.
Tmo U.S. Galaxy S4
#7Ch3wyPosted 9/5/2013 5:20:32 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Yeah resetting the console works better for memory issues than heat dissipation.

This.

You don't reset a console to prevent overheating.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#8Joey-ZazaPosted 9/5/2013 5:37:51 AM
Energy is neither created or destroyed.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#9Thewinner14Posted 9/5/2013 5:50:36 AM
DOWBLACKNINJA posted...
Pokebaldy posted...

And this is from the multiple gameboybryce topics. With information from one random poster in a comment section. Smh the way unconfirmed information gets spread around.

Random pastebin article praising the Xbox: "it's totally legit guys. He says he's an Xbox engineer"
Random pastebin article saying family share was just demos: "no way! Anyone could have posted it saying they're an Xbox engineer. Who trusts this crap"

The fanboys were more than happy to spread around unconfirmed info as long as it supported their views, and then say the same source was unreliable the next week.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#10Ch3wyPosted 9/5/2013 5:54:00 AM
Thewinner14 posted...
DOWBLACKNINJA posted...
Pokebaldy posted...

Random pastebin article praising the Xbox: "it's totally legit guys. He says he's an Xbox engineer"
Random pastebin article saying family share was just demos: "no way! Anyone could have posted it saying they're an Xbox engineer. Who trusts this crap"

The fanboys were more than happy to spread around unconfirmed info as long as it supported their views, and then say the same source was unreliable the next week.

And on the other side of the fence...

Random pastebin article praising the Xbox: "no way! Anyone could have posted it saying they're an Xbox engineer. Who trusts this crap"
Random pastebin article saying family share was just demos:"it's totally legit guys. He says he's an Xbox engineer"

But anyways, are you saying you actually believe that resetting a system is something you do to prevent overheating? That the second that it's off is all they need to cool it off?
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.