Xbox One FAQ 2.0

#21green_aboboPosted 10/7/2013 7:54:37 PM
will we be able to physically unplug the xb1, to store it when its not in use, or will this "harm" the system, or generally do anything detrimental towards it functioning properly?

also what kind of a warranty is issued by Microsoft after purchase?

will it be similar to that of the 360; as far as sending it back for repairs / replacement, if deemed necessary & within the applicable terms & conditions?

what kind of terms & conditions are applicable anyway?
---
http://music.ska-studios.com/album/charlie-murder
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/
#22SunDevil77Posted 10/8/2013 7:30:13 AM
green_abobo posted...
will we be able to physically unplug the xb1, to store it when its not in use, or will this "harm" the system, or generally do anything detrimental towards it functioning properly?

also what kind of a warranty is issued by Microsoft after purchase?

will it be similar to that of the 360; as far as sending it back for repairs / replacement, if deemed necessary & within the applicable terms & conditions?

what kind of terms & conditions are applicable anyway?

They haven't said anything about warranty as far as I know. It'll probably be the standard 1 year.

But yes, you can unplug it without damaging anything. You can also unplug the Kinect with no worries.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#23htkaPosted 10/13/2013 2:54:04 PM
Will the system play 3D Blu-rays?
#24ILikesCheesePosted 10/14/2013 10:46:52 AM(edited)
Orange_Apples posted...

Xbox Live Gold

And now only Xbox Live Gold membership is shared across the console which means if you have multiple family members in the home and all have separate accounts, only one member needs Gold for all members to see Gold benefits.

Explain this a little more thoroughly.

Does this mean Player One (Gold) and Player Two (Silver) can play split-screen Halo PvP style online or split-screen Borderlands 2 co-op style online together on the same console?
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#25Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 1:05:26 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
Orange_Apples posted...

Xbox Live Gold

And now only Xbox Live Gold membership is shared across the console which means if you have multiple family members in the home and all have separate accounts, only one member needs Gold for all members to see Gold benefits.

Does this mean Player One (Gold) and Player Two (Silver) can play split-screen Halo PvP style online or split-screen Borderlands 2 co-op style online together on the same console?

Player Two would get Gold as long as they are on the same console. Player 2 doesn't even need Player One to be logged in. If player 2 goes to another console where there is no Gold subscriber, then player 2 does not get Gold benefits. So both?
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#26ILikesCheesePosted 10/17/2013 10:50:07 AM
Orange_Apples posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Orange_Apples posted...

Xbox Live Gold

Player Two would get Gold as long as they are on the same console. Player 2 doesn't even need Player One to be logged in. If player 2 goes to another console where there is no Gold subscriber, then player 2 does not get Gold benefits. So both?

The fact that Player One (the one with the Gold membership) was logged in and playing was what I was wondering might cause an issue. Also, does this then mean that a Player Two and Player Three, both with silver accounts but married to that same console, could log in and play Halo 5 online split screen together as well? And in that scenario, Player One is not logged in.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#27Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 6:23:53 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
The fact that Player One (the one with the Gold membership) was logged in and playing was what I was wondering might cause an issue. Also, does this then mean that a Player Two and Player Three, both with silver accounts but married to that same console, could log in and play Halo 5 online split screen together as well? And in that scenario, Player One is not logged in.

If the linked primary account has a Gold subscription then ALL accounts on that console get Gold benefits. Essentially the console gets Xbox Live Gold as long as the primary account has Xbox Live Gold. You can technically have 20 silver accounts get Gold benefits on a single Xbox One as long as the primary account has Xbox Live Gold.

Example A: Primary user on a single machine is a Gold subscriber and 7 other users on the same machine without Gold subscriptions.

Account 1: Gold Subscriber: Gold benefits (not logged in)
Account 2: Silver Subscriber: Gold benefits (logged in)
Account 3: Silver Subscriber: Gold benefits (logged in)
Account 4: Silver Subscriber: Gold benefits (not logged in)
Account 5: Silver Subscriber: Gold benefits (logged in)
Account 6: Silver Subscriber: Gold benefits (not logged in)
Account 7: Silver Subscriber: Gold benefits (not logged in)
Account 8: Silver Subscriber: Gold benefits (logged in)

Example B: 7 users including the Primary user do not have Xbox Live Gold, but 1 user on the same machine does.

Account 1: Silver Subscriber: Silver benefits
Account 2: Silver Subscriber: Silver benefits
Account 3: Gold Subscriber: Gold benefits
Account 4: Silver Subscriber: Silver benefits
Account 5: Silver Subscriber: Silver benefits
Account 6: Silver Subscriber: Silver benefits
Account 7: Silver Subscriber: Silver benefits
Account 8: Silver Subscriber: Silver benefits

guest accounts should still work on Xbox One, but they wont be able to track achievements and other such stuff like on Xbox 360. So the following should also be able to play online:
Account 3(1)
Account 3(2)
Account 3(3)

TLDR:
To answer your question: Yes.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#28LedRush2112Posted 10/19/2013 6:13:06 PM
Can I transfer my xbox live games from my 360 to my xbox one?
---
GT: LedRush2112 WiiCode: 3049 9710 8021 2291 PSN: LedRush
Quicktojudge Quicktoanger Slow to understand Ignorance & prejudice & fear walk hand in hand
#29Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 7:22:11 AM
LedRush2112 posted...
Can I transfer my xbox live games from my 360 to my xbox one?

Currently anything on 360 is not compatible with Xbox One. Digital titles including full games and xbla titles are not compatible. The game os of Xbox One has different pipelines for data and how it processes that data. They would have to build a virtual Xbox 360 inside the Xbox One (not impossible since people have done it on PC).

My theory as to why they aren't is because it has a non replaceable hard drive and games are looking to be 50GB standard. Some people have over 200 GB of 360 digital content so to make sure people get the most of the Xbox One they're not going to let people eat up half the hard drive on Xbox 360 stuff.

That isn't proven or anything. It's just a theory based on, well, nothing. For all I know they're working on it right now and it will be available in March, but as of now and for the immediate future, Xbox 360 content is not compatible with Xbox One
---
PC + Nintendo
#30Ryan-06Posted 10/23/2013 5:37:23 AM
Then don't post your lame theories then. Isn't any help.
---
http://i.imgur.com/40W5r.jpg -wisdom
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.