Xbox One FAQ 2.0

#31sonicfan11589Posted 10/30/2013 1:45:43 PM
Hi I have just one question, will the Xbox One be able to use Mp3 files as background music in games like 360 did because it is confirmed by Sony themselves that it is not possible on PS4.
#32Teh_5_StarzPosted 10/31/2013 7:40:55 AM
we're gonna need some bold on that TITANFALL!!!

YEEEEEAHHHHHH
---
GT: DJ Willie Vee
Offer DLC? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#33Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 9:33:41 AM
sonicfan11589 posted...
Hi I have just one question, will the Xbox One be able to use Mp3 files as background music in games like 360 did because it is confirmed by Sony themselves that it is not possible on PS4.

I'm not sure on that one. I know XB1 can play audio CDs, but I haven't seen anything about ripping the songs to the hard drive or playback options

Teh_5_Starz posted...
we're gonna need some bold on that TITANFALL!!!

YEEEEEAHHHHHH

Well, Titanfall isn't only on Xbox One since it will also be on Xbox 360 and PC, so it doesn't get bold, it gets italics.

Also, try as I might, I can't edit that post.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#34sonicfan11589Posted 11/3/2013 10:27:06 AM
I've learned that just like PS4, u could only have custom soundtracks through paid subscriptions. :(
#35BroncoFan85Posted 11/3/2013 11:33:39 AM(edited)
Have they said how we're going to be able to transfer our gamer tag back and forth between the ONE & 360? I'm guessing memory cards aren't an option, so that leaves online sign in. My fear with that is if you ever recovered your gamer tag over Live it took 20 minutes.

Also are All games still ripped to the HD? That was my most hated thing on PS3, and even if they absolutely have to do it for some games, I don't see how cramming Lego Marvel on the HD is going to add anything to the experience besides frustration!

Finally have they stated how many consoles will be on shelves on the 22nd? This close to the 360 launch we were already well aware how limited the supply was, and knew that Best Buys would only have 3 over pre-orders per store and so on. I don't know if the silence is good or bad this time around? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everybody blows there wad on the PS4 so I can get my Dead Rising on Day 1!
#36Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 5:20:07 PM
BroncoFan85 posted...
Have they said how we're going to be able to transfer our gamer tag back and forth between the ONE & 360? I'm guessing memory cards aren't an option, so that leaves online sign in. My fear with that is if you ever recovered your gamer tag over Live it took 20 minutes.

It isn't transferred. Your account will exist in both your Xbox 360 and your Xbox One at the same time. As far as I've read, you can even be using Xbox Live Gold on the same account on both platforms at the same time.

Also are All games still ripped to the HD? That was my most hated thing on PS3, and even if they absolutely have to do it for some games, I don't see how cramming Lego Marvel on the HD is going to add anything to the experience besides frustration!

Yes. The Xbox One wasn't designed to read the games from the optical drive.

I know that if you are connected to Xbox Live, you can play the game while it is being installed, but is there a similar function if you are offline?

Finally have they stated how many consoles will be on shelves on the 22nd? This close to the 360 launch we were already well aware how limited the supply was, and knew that Best Buys would only have 3 over pre-orders per store and so on. I don't know if the silence is good or bad this time around? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everybody blows there wad on the PS4 so I can get my Dead Rising on Day 1!

Not really sure. If you didn't pre-order, don't expect to get the console on day one. You can try and it is possible, but it won't be easy since demand for both consoles is pretty high.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#37BroncoFan85Posted 11/3/2013 8:58:23 PM
Orange_Apples posted...

I find this extremely shortsighted myself. If I had a Sega Genesis, and a Genesis game I can play it at this very moment. In twenty years if I want to fire up the old Xbox One and play a game I have a store purchased copy of, I may not be able to if it wasn't in the rotation when I stopped playing the system as I'm sure there will be no Xbox One Live at that point.

I hope this point leads to class action suit against both Sony and Microsoft, for trying to force a DL only world which they're not even allowing carry over from the previous generation of DL games.

I'm not a techie, but I don't see the point allowing a GAME SYSTEM drive being able to read movies/CD's but not games. Is it really that complicated to add that staple of computing that has been hear as long as they've used disc.
#38Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 7:59:58 AM
BroncoFan85 posted...
Orange_Apples posted...

I find this extremely shortsighted myself. If I had a Sega Genesis, and a Genesis game I can play it at this very moment. In twenty years if I want to fire up the old Xbox One and play a game I have a store purchased copy of, I may not be able to if it wasn't in the rotation when I stopped playing the system as I'm sure there will be no Xbox One Live at that point.

I hope this point leads to class action suit against both Sony and Microsoft, for trying to force a DL only world which they're not even allowing carry over from the previous generation of DL games.

I'm not a techie, but I don't see the point allowing a GAME SYSTEM drive being able to read movies/CD's but not games. Is it really that complicated to add that staple of computing that has been hear as long as they've used disc.

I'm not much of a techie myself, so someone more qualified than me should be answering this, but I believe that hard drives have a much faster read speed than bluray drives. Faster read speeds would mean better texture loading, faster texture loading and less load screens. Optical drives also have a tendency to fail after prolonged use. Since all the optical drive is doing is loading data and not needing to seek for data it is less likely to break down. Sure hard drives can also fail, but that is an accepted variable. Having to worry about both hard drive AND optical drive was probably too much for MS.

And a lawsuit is a bit too much. I doubt support for Xbox One will ever be dropped since all MS would have to do is section off a portion of the azure system (which is constantly growing) for Xbox One operations. They aren't going to "run out" of server space.

I find it interesting that you mention how it is a problem that you cannot use your Xbox 360 downloaded titles on Xbox One when the answer to the problem of "how do I play my older gen games?" has always been the same. You know what it is since you mentioned how you can plug in a Genesis cart into a Genesis console and play the game fine. If you want to play your Xbox 360 titles, use your Xbox 360.

and computers haven't read a disk-based game since the 90s. All PC gaming is done by installing the game to the hard drive.
---
PC + Nintendo
#39Jonny-SherryDanPosted 11/4/2013 3:40:01 PM
tag
#40Jonny-SherryDanPosted 11/4/2013 3:44:32 PM
tag