Xbox One FAQ 2.0

#41GETERLADEPosted 11/12/2013 11:10:59 AM
I read through most of this whole thread and did some searches about my question with no luck. And maybe my search skills are crap, but if I'm playing on XB1 at my place and brother is on 360 at his place, can we play together? Or is it just like consoles that can play together?
#42ElPolloDiablo87Posted 11/12/2013 11:26:30 AM
GETERLADE posted...
I read through most of this whole thread and did some searches about my question with no luck. And maybe my search skills are crap, but if I'm playing on XB1 at my place and brother is on 360 at his place, can we play together? Or is it just like consoles that can play together?

So far they don't seem to be supporting cross-platform play.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#43KnicksKiller517Posted 11/13/2013 6:56:12 PM
If I'm on XB1 can I chat with others on my friends list even if they're on xbox 360?
#442ndAtomiskPosted 11/15/2013 9:44:34 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/11/15/everything-you-need-to-know-about-xbox-one.aspx
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#452ndAtomiskPosted 11/16/2013 3:03:09 PM
KnicksKiller517 posted...
If I'm on XB1 can I chat with others on my friends list even if they're on xbox 360?

You can't chat but you can still send messages, compare achievements, etc.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#46ShELbY_GT500Posted 11/22/2013 10:58:01 PM
So my Xbox One is faulty. Tomorrow I will be getting a replaced console.

A. Logic dictates that I'll have to reinstall the games again on the new console but;

B. I have installed the free FIFA 14 game and also the FORZA VIP via digital download. My question is: With my new console, will I need new codes to install the digital stuff or will it be remembered via my account, therefor eliminating a code altogether and I'll just have to reinstall?

Cheers for the help.
#47ZskripacPosted 12/4/2013 9:00:42 PM
I want to return my xbone to gamestop for a ps4 but I already opened it you think they will still take it?
#48bh7812Posted 12/8/2013 10:35:12 PM
Here's my question and it's got me about banging my head into the desk trying to figure this out.

Setup and Day 1 Update went ok, no problems there.
Controller, Dashboard and all the functions within those seem to be running fine.

My issue is with installs of games/game updates. I have Forza 5 and Ryse sitting here and I understand both have a very hefty update. My connection isn't terribly great right now so downloading a 6 and a 7.5 GB update for each game is probably not going to be realistically do-able. I'm reading I can install the disk data and play the games without the patches but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to do that. I know the answer is going to be one of those right in front of me type answers but here's what's going on more or less:

I put in Forza 5, it reads the disc and tells me it needs that update, with install and cancel options. If I pick install, it says it's installing and 0% done. It sits like that for quite some time and doesn't seem like it's installing the actual disc data. If I pick cancel, it cancels the whole thing out and that tile turns back to Install disc.

How in the world do I get it to install the disc data and start the game without the update? From doing some actual you know reading up on this, I'm getting if I go to Games and Apps, it should show the Forza 5 tile, it's Install percentage and there's supposed to be a progress bar for the update which I didn't see at all.

This question really wasn't thread worthy so I'm being smart about this and posting it here..I know I'm going to shake my head once I see the answer to this and how simple it probably is. Thanks for any help you can provide, guys. I just need to get it to do this before I'm 100 percent sure my Xbox one is completely 100 percent working.
#49bh7812Posted 12/8/2013 10:50:31 PM
Dumb me...I turned off my Wifi, put the Forza 5 disc back in just now and it's FINALLY installing the disc data..few percent done now. So once this is done, I'll do the same for Ryse, then turn WIfi back on to connect back up to Live. That should let me sync any achievements I get and bypass the updates..I don't mind update patches and understand they're getting more and more common but those two updates will have to wait till I get FIOS which is going to be really damn soon cause I can't take these unacceptably slow speeds anymore. Anyway, you can disregard my question guys. Sorry about this..I read a little more, saw a post suggesting turn off Wifi and sure enough it solved that issue.
#50rludeman44Posted 12/13/2013 3:05:44 PM
I can't even start the update after unboxing this thing. "Something went wrong" I check connection and I see, "it's all good." But just rinse and repeat and the update cant start...WTH?
---
Save the witty one-liners for someone who will be impressed by them.