Xbox One FAQ 2.0

#51bh7812Posted 12/14/2013 3:50:36 AM
Quote:I can't even start the update after unboxing this thing. "Something went wrong" I check connection and I see, "it's all good." But just rinse and repeat and the update cant start...WTH?
@rludeman44

WOW...that's really unusual. During setup, after you pick your network and put in your password, it should tell you an update is required and will give you an approximate size (505 MB it should be). After that it should immediately start downloading it with both percent progress and amount left to download. If it's seeing your connection but can't start the update that sounds like it could possibly be a bad Wifi card inside your Xbox one :( just to be sure though, if you have access to more than one connection/router try those, it may be your unit is not liking your network for some out there reason. If trying a few other connections doesn't resolve it then I'd say not much other choice but to call Microsoft. Good luck and if I can find any kind of solution ill report back with it.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.11
#52rludeman44Posted 12/14/2013 5:45:52 PM
bh7812 posted...
Quote:I can't even start the update after unboxing this thing. "Something went wrong" I check connection and I see, "it's all good." But just rinse and repeat and the update cant start...WTH?
@rludeman44

WOW...that's really unusual. During setup, after you pick your network and put in your password, it should tell you an update is required and will give you an approximate size (505 MB it should be). After that it should immediately start downloading it with both percent progress and amount left to download. If it's seeing your connection but can't start the update that sounds like it could possibly be a bad Wifi card inside your Xbox one :( just to be sure though, if you have access to more than one connection/router try those, it may be your unit is not liking your network for some out there reason. If trying a few other connections doesn't resolve it then I'd say not much other choice but to call Microsoft. Good luck and if I can find any kind of solution ill report back with it.

It worked around 11pm for me. The MS guy said the servers were down bc of the recent shipment of XB1's. It is working now and I am happily cutting off appendages in RYSE.
---
Save the witty one-liners for someone who will be impressed by them.
#53bh7812Posted 12/14/2013 9:00:30 PM
Quote:bh7812 posted...
@rludeman44

It worked around 11pm for me. The MS guy said the servers were down bc of the recent shipment of XB1's. It is working now and I am happily cutting off appendages in RYSE.

@rludeman44

I'm glad to hear that's all it was! My first thought was bad wifi card in the unit so I'm happy to hear it's not that. Ryse was an excellent game! Not perfect but it was very good. Lots of good ideas in it and it actually builds a strong foundation for what I hope will become a series. I don't agree with the reviews on that game at all. Enjoy the new Xbox!
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.11
#54Slayer7861Posted 12/15/2013 12:11:34 AM
Interesting
#55Slayer7861Posted 12/15/2013 12:11:41 AM
Interesting
#56ZylozesPosted 1/12/2014 11:02:52 AM
Slayer7861 posted...
Interesting

MEGADETH!!!!!

PS - poop in your mouth
#57PippyThePooperPosted 1/20/2014 7:48:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#58PippyThePooperPosted 1/20/2014 7:51:27 PM
Titanfall.

Titanfall. Titanfall. Titanfall.

Because...just like your need blue and yellow for green, apparently the Xbox One cannot survive without Titanfail.

Oh...and TITANFALL!
---
If you believe Jesus Christ was a nice man, think all that Bible "Lord and Savior" stuff is silly, and are 100% proud of it, yada yada yada