Nice interview with Albert Penello

#41NeoMonkPosted 9/5/2013 4:58:15 PM
SyphonFilterAddict posted...
You mean like their following video that shows a vast majority of gamers saying that they're getting a PS4 instead of an X1? Oh yeah, you guys ignore videos like that when they don't fit in with your tinfoil theories.

Funny how the guy bringing up "ignored videos" clearly didn't see the end where that guy says "Even thought I knew most people would say they' prefer the PS4 who really cares since they'll only watch netflix on it" Going back to the age fanboy tactic of "when you hear something you don't like does it really matter anyways" LOL nice try though :)
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#42IroncondorzPosted 9/5/2013 7:45:14 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
As a consumer im still not sold on why i should spend the extra $100 on a system for Kinect and i still don't get why i can't have an option. Its MSs job to get developers to make the games not my job to spend more money i don't want on a product i don't want in hopes that games that i will never play get made for it.

What guarantee do you have any console will be "worth your money?" How is that Ouya doing? The Vita? Even the 3DS needed tons of adopters (and a price drop) to gamble on the system before games started to come out for it. Buying a new console is always a risk no matter how much you spend.

Kinect is "forced" for the same reason Bluray was "forced" on the PS3, the Wiimote on the Wii, tablet on the WiiU, cameras on cellphones, 3D on TVs, 3D on the 3DS, etc... Companies are always experimenting with new tech to find that latest breakthrough, this is nothing new.

Yes MS needs to "sell" the Kinect, but the systems aren't even out yet. Remember this is a marathon (even into next gen) not a sprint.
#43BelberithPosted 9/5/2013 7:50:12 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
roadsoup posted...
The more I hear from this man, the more I like him. He should be THE voice of Xbox

He's their Mark Cerny. They're both the project leads. They actually know what they're talking about.

Major Nelson, Don Mattrick and the two Phils have no idea what they're talking about and did the best they could with the talking points given to them. It went horribly.

Penello is pretty good, hope to see more him. I still like Nelson though its just that the last year he hasn't looked like he's given a ***** about anything, I hope he's okay.
#44XtremeWRATH360Posted 9/5/2013 7:54:47 PM
Ironcondorz posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
As a consumer im still not sold on why i should spend the extra $100 on a system for Kinect and i still don't get why i can't have an option. Its MSs job to get developers to make the games not my job to spend more money i don't want on a product i don't want in hopes that games that i will never play get made for it.

What guarantee do you have any console will be "worth your money?" How is that Ouya doing? The Vita? Even the 3DS needed tons of adopters (and a price drop) to gamble on the system before games started to come out for it. Buying a new console is always a risk no matter how much you spend.

Kinect is "forced" for the same reason Bluray was "forced" on the PS3, the Wiimote on the Wii, tablet on the WiiU, cameras on cellphones, 3D on TVs, 3D on the 3DS, etc... Companies are always experimenting with new tech to find that latest breakthrough, this is nothing new.

Yes MS needs to "sell" the Kinect, but the systems aren't even out yet. Remember this is a marathon (even into next gen) not a sprint.

Atleast with other consoles i know what i plan on buying and am ok with buying it, the XB1 im expected to pay more for something i don't want, usually companies always release multiple versions of something because not everyone needs the whole package.

And comparing Kinect to those other tech is rather silly. None of those i had to pay more for something else i didn't want hell with examples like 3D on a Tv there are tvs without 3D for less money, see that there are options with MS THERE'S NO OTHER OPTION.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#45IroncondorzPosted 9/5/2013 9:28:55 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Ironcondorz posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...

Atleast with other consoles i know what i plan on buying and am ok with buying it, the XB1 im expected to pay more for something i don't want, usually companies always release multiple versions of something because not everyone needs the whole package.

And comparing Kinect to those other tech is rather silly. None of those i had to pay more for something else i didn't want hell with examples like 3D on a Tv there are tvs without 3D for less money, see that there are options with MS THERE'S NO OTHER OPTION.

Just because there are things included YOU don't want doesn't mean it is wrong for being packaged in. I didn't want to pay for a BD player in the PS3 last gen, I thought it was too expensive and a waste that early. I didn't go on any forums and complain that Sony is FORCING me to support Bluray in their format war or any of that nonsense. I just waited till the price was right for me and then I bought one. Likewise, you don't have to buy an X1 until you feel like it is worth the cost if ever. That is no different than any other product. There are alternatives to the X1, the competitor systems, PC, handhelds, tablets, etc...

As for 3D TVs all of the best quality (highest tech panels) TVs have 3D included, so you are indeed forced (your terms) to buy one if you want a good TV. You pay for every little bit of the products you buy right down to the last screw. Don't like Netflix or already have it? Still paying for it. Don't care for touch screens or pads? Cool LEDs? A fancy OS? Still paying for it. I'm sure people would buy a console as a bunch of parts in a box and assemble it themselves if they could, but too bad they are paying for the dude in China to assemble it. Again the only one you can speak for about what belongs in a product is yourself. Complaining about "unnecessary" to you tech is useless. We are on a GAMING FORUM people, I'm sure everyone here has a grasp of what they value in a gaming system and what they don't.

All that matters is: "Is this product worth $XXX.xx?" If it is you buy, if it is not you don't.
#46pblimp360Posted 9/5/2013 9:32:47 PM
Ironcondorz posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Ironcondorz posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...

Just because there are things included YOU don't want doesn't mean it is wrong for being packaged in. I didn't want to pay for a BD player in the PS3 last gen, I thought it was too expensive and a waste that early. I didn't go on any forums and complain that Sony is FORCING me to support Bluray in their format war or any of that nonsense. I just waited till the price was right for me and then I bought one. Likewise, you don't have to buy an X1 until you feel like it is worth the cost if ever. That is no different than any other product. There are alternatives to the X1, the competitor systems, PC, handhelds, tablets, etc...

As for 3D TVs all of the best quality (highest tech panels) TVs have 3D included, so you are indeed forced (your terms) to buy one if you want a good TV. You pay for every little bit of the products you buy right down to the last screw. Don't like Netflix or already have it? Still paying for it. Don't care for touch screens or pads? Cool LEDs? A fancy OS? Still paying for it. I'm sure people would buy a console as a bunch of parts in a box and assemble it themselves if they could, but too bad they are paying for the dude in China to assemble it. Again the only one you can speak for about what belongs in a product is yourself. Complaining about "unnecessary" to you tech is useless. We are on a GAMING FORUM people, I'm sure everyone here has a grasp of what they value in a gaming system and what they don't.

All that matters is: "Is this product worth $XXX.xx?" If it is you buy, if it is not you don't.

Excellent response both times, Ironcondorz. You have wisdom.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved