To those who are getting the Xbox One at launch: did you get the Xbox 360 day 1?

#1pointer9378Posted 9/5/2013 12:33:20 PM(edited)
80/80

Pretty much what the topic title says. I'm getting the X1 day 1 and I also got the 360 day 1.

I remember that day pretty well. I got mine at the Navy Exchange in San Diego. There were no preorders, so it was first come first serve. My dad, my brother, and I got there at around 6:30 am and they didn't open till 8, and there was already a line forming. After about 10 minutes or so of waiting, the employees started handing out tickets for those of us in line, and only those with a ticket were guaranteed a console. So we went to get some breakfast, came back when the store opened, and got my 360 with Call of Duty 2, which was my absolute favorite game at the time. Good times, good times.
---
The ME3 board's friendly neighborhood Honduran.
#2Darkside_ShadowPosted 9/5/2013 12:31:13 PM
I really want to. But I always have to read watch first impressions.
And then by the time its sold out, i go into frenzy to get one.
Happens with every console release...
#3Skynet82997Posted 9/5/2013 12:31:14 PM
Yep - at midnight on launch day. Played Condemned and PDZ all night.....
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#4MrImpatient35Posted 9/5/2013 12:34:15 PM
I got X360 day one, and I plan on doing the same with X1.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#5regsantotomasPosted 9/5/2013 12:35:59 PM
Nope.

Found it at Costco soon after though. Just got lucky.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#6shanafanPosted 9/5/2013 12:38:22 PM
Skynet82997 posted...
Yep - at midnight on launch day. Played Condemned and PDZ all night.....

Loved both those games. Never picked up Condemned 2 though.
---
XBL / PSN / Wii U : shanafan
Wii Friend Code: 8542 2842 2512 6271
#7zerooo0Posted 9/5/2013 12:40:40 PM
Nope, started out with the Wii last gen & that was well...............a mistake lol. The Wii was the worst console I've ever had, man it was so terrible.

Friend showed me CoD:W@W & that sold me the console more specifically Nazi Zombies did. Those where good times, simpler times.

Basically never start out on a Nintendo console/be exclusive to Nintendo. You will miss out on A LOT of good/great games.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#8Stixx32Posted 9/5/2013 12:43:14 PM
Got mine on day one. Madden 06, Perfect Dark Zero, and PGR 3.
---
XBL Stixx71
#9shanafanPosted 9/5/2013 12:44:24 PM
zerooo0 posted...
Nope, started out with the Wii last gen & that was well...............a mistake lol. The Wii was the worst console I've ever had, man it was so terrible.

Friend showed me CoD:W@W & that sold me the console more specifically Nazi Zombies did. Those where good times, simpler times.

Basically never start out on a Nintendo console/be exclusive to Nintendo. You will miss out on A LOT of good/great games.

Yeah, I totally have always regretted getting a SNES on launch and playing SMW all night long...
---
XBL / PSN / Wii U : shanafan
Wii Friend Code: 8542 2842 2512 6271
#10squarex8264Posted 9/5/2013 12:45:12 PM
zerooo0 posted...

Yup, this was pretty much me.

I had only played Nintendo systems up through the Wii. Got a Wii on launch, played Zelda, was pretty happy... but then there just weren't enough games I was interested. After being disappointed with Mario Kart and not enjoying Brawl as much since I no longer had my college buddies around, I decided to get an Xbox 360 in 2008. And after seeing the multitude of crazy third-party games that I never experienced with being exclusive to Nintendo, I've never gone back :)

So yeah, getting an X1 on launch.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade