After RROD, disc-scratching, etc. you still trust Microsoft?

#51JPshakePosted 9/5/2013 4:01:22 PM
I certainly still trusted MS and was looking forward to their next gen console. That is until their whole DRM debacle, combined with all the anti-consumer policies etc. It's kind of hard to forgive them thinking they had the gall to allow that in the first place.
---
Gfaqs Naruto Tier list
1.Jesus Itachi 2.Edo Itachi 3.Prime Itachi 4.Sick Itachi 5.Blind Dying Itachi 6. 30%Itachi Clone 7.Mere age of 7 Itachi 8.Itachi's Crow
#52NeoMonkPosted 9/5/2013 4:06:11 PM
Funny how the 2nd response trolls but calls the TC a troll lol love this place.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#53TrickyPonyPosted 9/5/2013 4:08:23 PM
NeoMonk posted...
Funny how the 2nd response trolls but calls the TC a troll lol love this place.

It was uncalled for, but the guy who made the 2nd post was redeemed when the TC removed doubt he was trolling with his response to it a little further down the page.
#54bob15xPosted 9/5/2013 4:09:26 PM
JPshake posted...
I certainly still trusted MS and was looking forward to their next gen console. That is until their whole DRM debacle, combined with all the anti-consumer policies etc. It's kind of hard to forgive them thinking they had the gall to allow that in the first place.

Please explain the anti consumer practices. I will show you how you are wrong.
#55NeoMonkPosted 9/5/2013 4:09:34 PM
TrickyPony posted...
2nd post was redeemed when the TC removed doubt he was trolling with his response to it a little further down the page.

I really couldn't be bothered reading all that nonsense :P
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#56Lama_SpitPosted 9/5/2013 4:31:22 PM
bob15x posted...
JPshake posted...

How about you explain crap like 24 hour check ins, DRM that was removed, needing Kinect with your XBone purchase, etc. not being anti consumer? How about you quit being lazy and do a quick google search on what the policies are? You seem to have the energy to defend the Xbone everywhere you post so im sure doing a quick google search isn't that bad. Also you'll probably end up shooting yourself in the foot bobby.
#57Nice_RobbyPosted 9/5/2013 4:40:34 PM
Trust?

I don't think about it. This is not a person sitting my dog or something.

I preordered my Xbox one with a 3 year service plan on top on MSs one year... So I'm set for four years.

Here's a funny thing... Ever hear of the people replacing their Xbox once? Twice? Three times perhaps? Why would they do this? Sure it sucks... I did it once myself.... But a product must be a HECK OF A LOT OF FUN if they are willing to do so.... Just saying... And by no means is it justification... But People TALK with MONEY!
---
Xbox Live Sn: Nice Robby
PSN Sn: Nice_Robby
#58ssj954vegitoPosted 9/5/2013 4:45:33 PM
My PS3 ate a dics before, worst part was it wasn't even that bad, but it just wouldn't work anymore, I still can't play Ratchet and Clank Future TOD :(
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#59bob15xPosted 9/5/2013 4:53:34 PM
Lama_Spit posted...
bob15x posted...
JPshake posted...

How about you explain crap like 24 hour check ins, DRM that was removed, needing Kinect with your XBone purchase, etc. not being anti consumer? How about you quit being lazy and do a quick google search on what the policies are? You seem to have the energy to defend the Xbone everywhere you post so im sure doing a quick google search isn't that bad. Also you'll probably end up shooting yourself in the foot bobby.

That is very easy. And how is it lazy, I want him to actually list them so I can show how you are wrong.

24 hour check in.

The system was completely digital. As it is now when you buy a digital game it is yours, you cannot resell it. MS stated they were going to created a digital store to allow you to resell those games. The way it would work is through MS and authorized stores like gamestop, you would sell your license, it would go to MS servers and they would remove that license from your gamertag. When you logged on your xbox and it did the 24 hour check it would remove that license. Obviously if they did not have the 24 hour check people could sell their games, stay offline and continue to play the game.
So, they could have removed the 24 hour check, or block you from selling your games. How would you like that blocked? And not having the check would create massive privacy.
So what you had with the xbox one was the ability to sell all your games. Sony only allows you to sell your physcial games.

how is that anti consumer? Can sell all your games, 24 hour check is to allow for that and block people from taking advantage. Remember, Sony removed features from the ps3 to block piracy so don't comment that piracy is ok.

Needed Kinect - how is that anti consumer. Kinect is part of the system. Many of the features require connect. They also want it to be supported so unless developers are confident that kinect is hooked up, it wont get supported. And you have choice, if you don't want kinect get a ps4. Sorry but that is not anti consumer.

So nothing they did was anti consumer, in fact in some ways it was more consumer friendly than the ps4, unless sony allows you to sell your digital games.

MS also stated they were creating a work around for people that did not have access to the internet like people in the service so they could use the xbox one. My guess is that it would have blocked the ability to sell your digital games.

People keep spouting this anti consumer crap. All MS did was jump the gun and try to created a digital console before its time. IF sony went all digital, they woudl have had an always online, because they woudl have to to offer those services.

Todays society is scared of change. When they see something that takes them out of their comfort zone they tune out everything that does not fit in that comfort zone. That is why so many people did not hear that you could sell your digital games, they did not hear a fix for people without internet.

And lending. I hear that one alot. No lending on xbox one. So? is that anti consumer? people that borrow are enjoying the content created by a group of hard working people and are not compensating them for that work..They are not consumers. they are leechers and they do not support the industry.
Those people are part of the reason why so many companies have gone bankrupt.
#60chiefofsb78Posted 9/5/2013 5:04:30 PM
Skynet82997 posted...
Why not? I went thru 3 360's - they replaced them all in a quick turnaround that didn't cost me a dime.

And I'm of a mind that they won't make the same mistake that cost them a billion dollars last gen.

This is sad^^ this is why MS keeps doing what there doing and you think they won't make the same mistake lmao where have you been these past few months it's even worst now and the worst has yet to come enjoy your new bricks
---
killerinstinctonline