After RROD, disc-scratching, etc. you still trust Microsoft?

#91FustmonkeyPosted 9/6/2013 4:22:21 PM
Shad0wg00n posted...
but RROD was far more prevelant than YLOD on PS3 or disc-read error on PS2, or any error in Nintendo history.

Well that's not really true, or could even be measured, but whatever.

The PS2 DRE was pretty major, enough to have a lawsuit filed against Sony, and that was before social media brought things like that to light.

And the old PS3s are dropping like flies.. maybe not as fast as the old xboxes, but anybody with a brain would advice to not get the first models of PS3, or to not buy them used even though they do have BC.

And compared to Xbox 360... I paid nothing at all for a repair or replacement for Xbox 360. But PS3, I had to pay for a $187 repair after only one year, and then it broke again a year after that so I had to repalce it. $987 for one working PS3. Compared to Xbox, which was always just the cost of the console, never had to pay more for repair or replacement.

So the question should be why would anybody still buy a Sony launch product?
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#92jsplisimPosted 9/6/2013 8:53:07 PM
Though I did have issues, they always made it right. That is why I am on board again (but won't be amazed if something goes Ooples and Banunu's).
---
There's the deltoids of compassion; There's the abs of being kind.
It's not enough to bash in heads, you've got to bash in minds...
#93squirk_101Posted 9/7/2013 8:17:02 AM
Cornbread4life posted...
Because they fixed my RROD for free and I don't move the system when there's a disc spinning while being read by a laser. That last one should be common sense.

They wouldn't fix my last RROD... Happened like 2-3 weeks after warranty was up.

They wouldn't fix there mistake. I had to buy a new one.
---
Consoles ive owned - Ps1, ps2, Xbox, psp, Xbox 360, ps3, Wii.
#94Special-EddPosted 9/7/2013 8:45:55 AM
squirk_101 posted...
Cornbread4life posted...
Because they fixed my RROD for free and I don't move the system when there's a disc spinning while being read by a laser. That last one should be common sense.

They wouldn't fix my last RROD... Happened like 2-3 weeks after warranty was up.

They wouldn't fix there mistake. I had to buy a new one.

That is just bad luck honestly. I've had companies refuse to fix something for free only days after my warranty expired.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#95MetalZoicPosted 9/7/2013 8:53:39 AM
gobuffalo30 posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
Why not? I went thru 3 360's - they replaced them all in a quick turnaround that didn't cost me a dime.

And I'm of a mind that they won't make the same mistake that cost them a billion dollars last gen.

You went through 3 and you're still ok with MS? MS can do no wrong, right? So if you bought a car from a dealership and had to take it back 3 times in 7-8 years for their own failure you'd still buy from them?

But anyways, back on topic. I don't trust MS to build a solid console. My original 360 died 3 times before I bought a slim, which was suppose to fix all of the problems. Nope, my slim (4th 360 break) died about 2 months ago because of the power supply fan dying.

I had 7 PS2's DRE on me, but I still bought a PS3 at launch.
Sony learned their lesson and built a higher quality machine. No reason MS won't do the same.
#96DarthDitkaPosted 9/7/2013 8:53:40 AM
I got one RROD and MS fixed it at no cost and had it back in 2 weeks. 0 problems. PS2 goes kaput and Sony acts like its not their responsibility to replace their garbage system. They're such noble, customer friendly people that they had to be sued after their crappy PS2 was going down in bunches.

Ive never seen xbox live go down myself more than a couple of hours. Very few instances of corrupted downloads and they were easy to fix. PS3 downloads constantly timing out. I had DLC get corrupted twiced and had to format my hard drive. PSN was hacked and down for a month.

Games play better on xbox. See Skyrim, BF3
---
XBOX: Shiftee Cent