MS' Penello calls out Sony

#131AtomicPenguin76Posted 9/5/2013 4:33:25 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Soar2344 posted...
There may not be a difference now but what happen when developers start pushing these systems to the limit?

There already is a difference between the 360 and PS3. PS3 exclusives almost universally look and run better than 360 exclusives. The only time they're even comparable is when a game is multiplatform, at which point it's designed for the 360's more limited hardware specs.

That's debatable at best. The 360 does more complex shaders and generally has less aliasing and other issues throughout the picture that anything I can think of on PS3 to compare. I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone claim that the PS3 was better graphically anywhere, actually.

Not that it matters for the PS4 and XB1, they're different animals entirely. I don't necessarily think Penello is wrong about what he's saying even if there are hardware differences that allow an advantage to Sony.

It's worth noting, though, that the only people I've heard talk about the power difference so far are developers and not so much Sony themselves. We'll see over the next year, I guess.
#132Shik_stickPosted 9/5/2013 4:47:05 PM
zephirraines posted...
Darn him for pointing out the truth. Sony fans worshipped the power of the cell all gen and look at how that turned out.

Yeah, it produced some of vote best looking games of all time.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#133XxIamKiraXxPosted 9/5/2013 5:03:26 PM
That's not really calling out, that's just saying stuff.
#134slayer456Posted 9/5/2013 5:04:38 PM
so if they're the same, I should go with the one thats $100 cheaper? Got it, thanks.
---
100 Stories, of 100 Tons of 110% Ten-Speed Terror. Straight Out the Grease Yo, Like...Bam.
#135zephirrainesPosted 9/5/2013 5:22:33 PM
slayer456 posted...
so if they're the same, I should go with the one thats $100 cheaper? Got it, thanks.

Have fun using the power of the ps4 to play indie games. Oh wait specs dont matter its all about the gameplay then right?

Silly ponies.
#13695_EclipsePosted 9/5/2013 5:25:42 PM(edited)
So, basically he just said multi plats will look largely the same.

And then a bunch of Xbox fanoys that embarrass normal xbox gamers took that an ran with it.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#137AtalalamaPosted 9/5/2013 5:27:41 PM
fizzle2222 posted...
"There is no way we’re giving up a 30%+ advantage to Sony. And ANYONE who has seen both systems running could say there are great looking games on both systems. If there was really huge performance difference – it would be obvious."

"I get a ton of hate for saying this – but it’s been the same EVERY generation. Sony claims more power, they did it with Cell, they did it with Emotion Engine, and they are doing it again. And, in the end, games on our system looked the same or better."

"I’m not saying they haven’t built a good system – I’m merely saying that anyone who wants to die on their sword over this 30%+ power advantage are going to be fighting an uphill battle over the next 10 years…"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=80168873&postcount=708

http://i.imgur.com/GZzI5lR.jpg

What he doesn't mention is that he's comparing games released on both consoles. Companies are going to try to keep their games as even as possible (when done in-house or by the same studio) so as to maximize profits.

Now, compare Gears of War Judgement to, say, Beyond: Two Souls.

The PS3 game just LOOKS better.
---
If a game's not good enough for a physical release, then it's not good enough for me.
Official KH3 Aerith, apparently? How...?
#138zephirrainesPosted 9/5/2013 5:29:05 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
So, basically he just said multi plats will look largely the same.

And then a bunch of Xbox fanoys that embarrass normal xbox gamers took that an ran with it.

Go back to page one and learn to read. Basically he said games will look the same an butthurt ponies went into attack mode.
#139zephirrainesPosted 9/5/2013 5:32:17 PM
Atalalama posted...
fizzle2222 posted...
"There is no way we’re giving up a 30%+ advantage to Sony. And ANYONE who has seen both systems running could say there are great looking games on both systems. If there was really huge performance difference – it would be obvious."

"I get a ton of hate for saying this – but it’s been the same EVERY generation. Sony claims more power, they did it with Cell, they did it with Emotion Engine, and they are doing it again. And, in the end, games on our system looked the same or better."

"I’m not saying they haven’t built a good system – I’m merely saying that anyone who wants to die on their sword over this 30%+ power advantage are going to be fighting an uphill battle over the next 10 years…"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=80168873&postcount=708

http://i.imgur.com/GZzI5lR.jpg

What he doesn't mention is that he's comparing games released on both consoles. Companies are going to try to keep their games as even as possible (when done in-house or by the same studio) so as to maximize profits.

Now, compare Gears of War Judgement to, say, Beyond: Two Souls.

The PS3 game just LOOKS better.

Youre comparing a 4 player coop game that looks amazing to a game that is not out yet. Troll harder.
#140pigman2003Posted 9/5/2013 5:56:39 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Soar2344 posted...
There may not be a difference now but what happen when developers start pushing these systems to the limit?

There already is a difference between the 360 and PS3. PS3 exclusives almost universally look and run better than 360 exclusives. The only time they're even comparable is when a game is multiplatform, at which point it's designed for the 360's more limited hardware specs.

look better? maybe, run better? hell no.