MS' Penello calls out Sony

#151Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/5/2013 8:07:07 PM
Ch3wy posted...

If DirectX was one of the poorest APIs to use I don't think every single AAA developer would port their games to PC through it.

Because DirectX is the most common for Windows since it's included with every version of Windows.

Direct X also includes APIs for Sound, etc.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/133824-valve-opengl-is-faster-than-directx-even-on-windows
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#152BudWisenheimerPosted 9/5/2013 9:06:34 PM
SomnusNemoris posted...
regsantotomas posted...
Can't say enough good things about Uncharted 2 tho.

Same as I did with the Crackdown series, Bungle's 5 Halo games, etc.

You hide it well. Especially the "L" ;-)
#153Thewinner14Posted 9/5/2013 9:32:31 PM
Ch3wy posted...

If DirectX was one of the poorest APIs to use I don't think every single AAA developer would port their games to PC through it.

Thats because MS basically forced DX into being the standard, the AAA developers didn't have a choice. With MS' overwhelming market share lead in the PC OS market what developer would develop only for the smaller apple/*nix crowd?

Plus at it's inception other graphics APIs were more focused on workstation style applications not games. However over the years DX has not proven to be better than others, its just used because microsoft,
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#154OandA_PestPosted 9/5/2013 10:00:09 PM
zephirraines posted...
slayer456 posted...
so if they're the same, I should go with the one thats $100 cheaper? Got it, thanks.

Have fun using the power of the ps4 to play indie games. Oh wait specs dont matter its all about the gameplay then right?

Silly ponies.

See, there you go again lol. Ignoring me again, Zeph?
---
Proud Pest. O and A Party Rock!
Currently playing: Bioshock Infinite
#155THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 9/5/2013 10:48:23 PM
After this generation the LAST thing MS wanna come at Sony with is graphics. Halo just started looking current gen at Halo 4 last year.

Killzone 2 an older game still looks better and won more best graphics.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT