Does Xbox One controller have a headphone jack

#1LIsJusticePosted 9/5/2013 2:57:53 PM
Topic
---
Excited for both next-gen consoles :D
#2Orange_ApplesPosted 9/5/2013 3:02:01 PM(edited)
A proprietary jack, yes. Not the same jack as the 360 or a standard 3.5mm jack

An adapter is going to be coming out to let you use your 360 headsets, but I'm not sure if the price has been announced yet.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#3LIsJustice(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 3:03:21 PM
So you can just put earphones in just for audio use only or only when talking to people?
---
Excited for both next-gen consoles :D
#4Orange_ApplesPosted 9/5/2013 3:33:51 PM
I don't know if they said anything about if it is just voice chat or both voice chat and game audio...
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#5SVT52986Posted 9/5/2013 5:13:08 PM
I have been under the impression that the adapter that is coming out will allow people to use whatever current headset they have on the One with full functionality. Astro has already confirmed that their A40s will work on the One for audio purposes but you would need the adapter for chat which is the most likely scenario for other brands as well. Since I only chat when I play with my friends, I will just use the pack in headset for that purpose then use my Astros the other times. Once the adapter is available it will be my Astros all the time.
#6NeoMonkPosted 9/5/2013 5:14:46 PM
No it's a headset jack not a basic headphones jack. How else could they sell you headsets that are only meant for their systems lol
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#7NeoGamerPosted 9/5/2013 5:35:29 PM
They will have to have an adapter at some point; they don't want to piss off their Turtle Beach / Astro community who pay $200+ for surround sound headsets.
---
Would you kindly?
#8pelon213Posted 9/5/2013 7:51:05 PM
damm, so have to buy an adapter to use my turtle beaches, oh well. Sure it won't be too expensive. Hopefully under $10.
---
XboX Tag = XAztec WarriorX
STEAM = Pelon213