Could Microsoft have a big surprise for Xbox One?

#1ngoetzPosted 9/5/2013 3:03:51 PM
I don't now if you have seen this yet, but I thought I would share this with everyone:

http://wccftech.com/rumormicrosoft-xbox-possibly-feature-discrete-gpu-core-stacked-main-soc/

I have my doubts that this is true. If it is true, then this could make the Xbox One the most powerful system this generation.

I am still not a big fan of the Xbox One due to some of Microsoft's policies, but if this turns out to be true, then it could help compensate for some of the other issues. Either way, MS could use some good news about now, and this would be a great way to generate some good PR if this rumor pans out.

One interesting note. AMD will officially lift the NDA on the new technology on the 25th, and Microsoft has a presentation scheduled for the 26th. This could just be a coincidence, but you never know.
#2Orange_ApplesPosted 9/5/2013 3:07:10 PM
It is called an APU. It is the same thing gaming laptops and PS4 are using. The only difference is the eSRAM.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#3axelfooley2k5Posted 9/5/2013 3:07:23 PM
more power to justify that price will make me want one more

minus that dumb camera
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#4ngoetz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 3:44:50 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
It is called an APU. It is the same thing gaming laptops and PS4 are using. The only difference is the eSRAM.

I understand that both systems are using an APU. What I found interesting in this article was the following quotes:

"In development phase, it was revealed by an insider that Microsoft Xbox One could possibly end up with 2 GB of GDDR5 memory in the stacked design in addition to the 8 GB DDR3 that is available to the system. "

and

"The second wafer is supposedly a 22nm SOI design featuring 2304 to 2560 stream processors as been rumored and based off the VI architecture. VI stands for Volcanic Islands which could be another reason why the discrete GPU has been kept a secret since the new Volcanic Islands based AMD Radeon family would be officially announced during the last week of September in Hawaii. If the Xbox One GPU is possibly based on a Volcanic Islands architecture or even a Southern Islands part with around 2048 cores as the Tahiti die, then this would prove to be a massive powerhouse of graphics performance."
#5DOWBLACKNINJAPosted 9/5/2013 4:47:04 PM
Orange_Apples posted...

Im guessing you didn't read the link. As I said in the topic I made if true this would definitely shake things up a bit.
---
Gamefaqs where opinions becomes facts.
Tmo U.S. Galaxy S4
#6MeaglesVPosted 9/5/2013 5:03:27 PM
Not expecting it to be true, but that would be pretty incredible if it was.

Getting the Xbox One first regardless
#7NeoMonkPosted 9/5/2013 5:05:13 PM
At this point I'm willing to side with some of the fanboys that say "WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT"?

Besides the obvious Kinectless Box for $400 there's really nothing they can offer you anymore...
A month of free XBLive? Ok sure... Nothing in the sense of making the console initself better though.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#8SyphonFilterAddictPosted 9/5/2013 5:05:58 PM
They wouldn't be admitting the PS4 is 30-40% better spec wise if they had something held back. The X1 is what it is.
---
May 21, 2013 : RIP Xbox --- August 12, 2013 : Resurrected
#9bob15xPosted 9/5/2013 5:07:43 PM
SyphonFilterAddict posted...
They wouldn't be admitting the PS4 is 30-40% better spec wise if they had something held back. The X1 is what it is.

I don't recall them ever admitting that.
#10NeoMonkPosted 9/5/2013 5:10:49 PM
bob15x posted...
I don't recall them ever admitting that.

Why would you? You're too busy typing up RAEGMAOD filled responses on every other thread to actually read or listen to something & take it into consideration.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator