Could Microsoft have a big surprise for Xbox One?

#11regsantotomasPosted 9/5/2013 4:18:02 PM
I've heard of the "October Surprise" in elections but not with console launches.

Yeah, no, this isn't happening.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#12Pasha777Posted 9/5/2013 4:21:48 PM
I don't think it's true. MS said they will break even with current XBone/XBone games pre-orders (http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251280/xbox-one-to-at-least-break-even-at-launch-360-to-last-3-more-years/). With such powerful dGPU and Kinect they would lose like 200-300 USD on every unit. So yeah, imo it's very unlikely.
#13pblimp360Posted 9/5/2013 4:24:30 PM
Interesting...
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#14DOWBLACKNINJAPosted 9/5/2013 4:27:26 PM
NeoMonk posted...
bob15x posted...
I don't recall them ever admitting that.

Why would you? You're too busy typing up RAEGMAOD filled responses on every other thread to actually read or listen to something & take it into consideration.

Care to enlighten the rest of us when MS admitted that. And the little part about taking the time to actually read, listen and take things into consideration, why can't you go to that link and take into consideration the small possibility that this could be true.
---
Gamefaqs where opinions becomes facts.
Tmo U.S. Galaxy S4
#15DOWBLACKNINJAPosted 9/5/2013 4:58:27 PM
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn265501(v=vs).aspx

well it looks like MS has done some work with the discrete gpu design as they are incorporating some thing in windows 8. So we'll have to just have to wait until Sept 26, when MS has another conference the day after AMD's.
---
Gamefaqs where opinions becomes facts.
Tmo U.S. Galaxy S4
#16NeoMonkPosted 9/5/2013 5:01:21 PM
DOWBLACKNINJA posted...
Care to enlighten the rest of us.

I'm gonna stop you right there...
You are you again? lol
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#17GravyButtPosted 9/5/2013 5:09:00 PM
DOWBLACKNINJA posted...
So we'll have to just have to wait until Sept 26, when MS has another conference the day after AMD's.

That the thing thats got me wondering. Plus that comment a NFS dev had said. Gaf made a topic bout this last week. A lot more facts pointed toward this being true, but who knows.
#18ngoetz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 5:15:27 PM
MeaglesV posted...
Not expecting it to be true, but that would be pretty incredible if it was.

Getting the Xbox One first regardless

I would agree that it is highly unlikely, but you never know. It would be a nice surprise.

I am not a big fan of the Xbox 360 mainly due to their strict DRM issues and other policies. I usually only buy the Xbox exclusives for the Xbox and buy everything else on the PS3 since both systems have fairly close performance. I plan on doing the same for the new generation coming out in November. If there is any truth to these rumors, it would make my choice a lot harder for the multi-platform games.

The only reason that I think there could be small possibility that this could be true is because AMD has an NDA in effect until the 25th that would prevent MS from talking about it until then. There has also been a bunch of talk about some custom features in the APU that would boost performance that hasnít been released by MS yet. There has also been some confusion by people who have taken the system apart as to why the APU is drawing more power than should be necessary for the APU to function.

But like I said, I think this is very unlikely that this is the case, and is probably more wishful thinking then truth. I am defiantly not holding my breath that this will happen, but I will be happily surprised if it comes true.

I mainly posted the article because I thought it was interesting and didnít know if anyone else here had seen it yet.
#19Ramsus082Posted 9/5/2013 5:33:12 PM
The biggest reason that Microsoft and the XboxOne are getting their asses kicked at the moment is because of the "under-powered, over-priced" thing. If the console wasn't under-powered it wouldn't be over-priced; don't you think that if Microsoft could change this dynamic, they would have by now? It's single-handedly costing them the console race. This isn't one of those "Yeah, we're comfortable about our ace-in-the-hole, we got this!" moments, this is an "all hands on deck, we're getting killed!" situation and if they could change this they would have.
#20ngoetz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 5:44:03 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
The biggest reason that Microsoft and the XboxOne are getting their asses kicked at the moment is because of the "under-powered, over-priced" thing. If the console wasn't under-powered it wouldn't be over-priced; don't you think that if Microsoft could change this dynamic, they would have by now? It's single-handedly costing them the console race. This isn't one of those "Yeah, we're comfortable about our ace-in-the-hole, we got this!" moments, this is an "all hands on deck, we're getting killed!" situation and if they could change this they would have.

I guess that would depend on two things:

1) How strict the NDA with AMD is and,
2) How many pre-orders they have compared to their ability to produce the systems before the release date. If they already have more pre-orders then they think they can produce before the release date, then they would have no reason to jump the gun on the announcement.