First North American Xbox One commercial

#31ghosterdsPosted 9/5/2013 5:34:45 PM
now I cant wait until directv comes out with their next gen console
#32MetroidFan9999Posted 9/5/2013 5:35:15 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
CapnStanky posted...
Like them or not, Microsoft is going to crush Sony when it comes to advertising. That's one benefit of not being an inept pile of garbage company the past 8 years that lost billions upon billions of dollars.

Just an FYI, MS has yet to make a net profit on the xbox division, soooo.....

Nope. Xbox is definitely profitable. The devices division, which xbox is a part of and includes such products as Zune, Kin and Surface, is not profitable.

False, MS lost $6 billion on the original xbox, and oh...just recently, actually....started to make money. They are quite away from being net profitable, guy.

If their goal is to spend more money now....well, I'd be with these investors clamoring to sell the division.
---
That's just, like...your opinion, man.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#33ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/5/2013 5:36:12 PM
CapnStanky posted...
Like them or not, Microsoft is going to crush Sony when it comes to advertising. That's one benefit of not being an inept pile of garbage company the past 8 years that lost billions upon billions of dollars.

Is that why MS's PR has been so fantastic with the XB1? I bet we can learn a thing or two from them.

Step 1) Ruin your first impression with the reveal...

Step 2) Disappoint millions at a popular conference event...

Step 3) Go back and reverse everything you stated at the first two conferences...

Step 4) ???

Step 5) Nonprofit.
#34Dev445Posted 9/5/2013 5:38:06 PM
Nice! watching the Ravens game right now. If the interface and switching is as smooth and fast as it was in the commercial then I can't wait for this.

Haters can hate on MS all they want but at least they know how to advertise there products.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#35ElPolloDiablo87Posted 9/5/2013 5:40:07 PM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
CapnStanky posted...

Nope. Xbox is definitely profitable. The devices division, which xbox is a part of and includes such products as Zune, Kin and Surface, is not profitable.

False, MS lost $6 billion on the original xbox, and oh...just recently, actually....started to make money. They are quite away from being net profitable, guy.

If their goal is to spend more money now....well, I'd be with these investors clamoring to sell the division.

No. 360 began turning a profit in '08.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#36ghosterdsPosted 9/5/2013 5:40:36 PM
Dev445 posted...
Nice! watching the Ravens game right now. If the interface and switching is as smooth and fast as it was in the commercial then I can't wait for this.

Haters can hate on MS all they want but at least they know how to advertise there products.

*their

but at least sony fan boys can spell
#37SomnusNemorisPosted 9/5/2013 5:42:54 PM
CapnStanky posted...

lmao what a bitter little person Stanky is.
---
www.last.fm/user/AstuteClass
#38Ramsus082Posted 9/5/2013 5:44:36 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Ok, so we've established that it's "ok" to focus on american football during the first XboxOne commercial advertisement. But are we disappointed about the lack of focus on games?

I'm so sick of the supposed "lack of focus" on games. MS has shown MORE on games than Sony has. If MS has a lack of focus on games, Sony is just lacking period.

I'm on a mobile and the link isn't working for me, but I'm pretty sure they were advertising the XboxOne and not the PS4.
#39MetroidFan9999Posted 9/5/2013 5:45:08 PM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
CapnStanky posted...

No. 360 began turning a profit in '08.

They still have over $5 billion in debt on the division, soooo........

Hell I doubt they even made up the first 3 years of the 360 yet....a cool $3.7 billion in the hole there.
---
That's just, like...your opinion, man.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#40Dev445Posted 9/5/2013 5:47:34 PM
ghosterds posted...
Dev445 posted...

*their

but at least sony fan boys can use correct word usage

Fixed it for you smart guy
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist