I don't understand people that don't understand console wars...

#21ilikehamandhaloPosted 9/6/2013 8:25:41 AM
nmaharg81 posted...
DelRowe posted...
nmaharg81 posted...
looselink posted...
Here on gamefaqs, supporting your favorite console is akin to supporting your favorite sports team.

Both are dumb.

What's wrong with having a favorite sport's team?

You're pretty much supporting a logo. As the coaches/players change every year. Lebron for example. Same person same great talent, but puts on a different logo and all of a sudden a bunch of Cleveland fans hate him. How is that anything but stupid?

I enjoy the players aka the games. Couldn't care less about the team aka the console.

You should hush up cause its clear that you no nothing of sports. Lebron leaving Cleveland was a huge wrong doing to all the fans of that city, he deserves any hate he gets from them.
---
B**** if you wave then I will surf you
#22SilentS89Posted 9/6/2013 8:39:22 AM
I don't like when "the console wars" is used as an excuse to support anti-consumer policies.
#23HypnoCooshPosted 9/6/2013 8:41:26 AM
studepaber posted...
It's a GAME! About as dumb as my 3 year old arguing that Candyland is better than Chutes and Ladders.

Candyland is better than Chutes and Ladders...
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#24SilentS89Posted 9/6/2013 8:42:20 AM
HypnoCoosh posted...
studepaber posted...
It's a GAME! About as dumb as my 3 year old arguing that Candyland is better than Chutes and Ladders.

Candyland is better than Chutes and Ladders...

It isn't really debatable. Candyland has more features and is less repetitive and dumbed down.
#25DamnEvilDogPosted 9/6/2013 8:44:54 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
RufusIohr posted...
looselink posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
No, not like that at all.

Sarcasm?

Or ignorance.

Sports teams are entirely different. There are teams that are actually better.
Video game consoles play games. The GAMES are what matters. Console wars are useless because both consoles will have great games.

I agree with this, and yet people still don the sports mentality... sigh...
#26nmaharg81Posted 9/6/2013 11:39:35 AM
ilikehamandhalo posted...
nmaharg81 posted...
DelRowe posted...
nmaharg81 posted...
looselink posted...
Here on gamefaqs, supporting your favorite console is akin to supporting your favorite sports team.

Both are dumb.

What's wrong with having a favorite sport's team?

You're pretty much supporting a logo. As the coaches/players change every year. Lebron for example. Same person same great talent, but puts on a different logo and all of a sudden a bunch of Cleveland fans hate him. How is that anything but stupid?

I enjoy the players aka the games. Couldn't care less about the team aka the console.

You should hush up cause its clear that you no nothing of sports. Lebron leaving Cleveland was a huge wrong doing to all the fans of that city, he deserves any hate he gets from them.

He took a better job, nothing less nothing more.
#27spurrierzookPosted 9/6/2013 11:52:23 AM
Most sports fan have a connection to a team because of tradition or where they were raised and support the local team.
---
Gamer Tag: GATOR EAGLE
#28cpcjlc3Posted 9/6/2013 11:59:42 AM
I don't understand people who don't understand people who don't understand console wars.