What's better for Smart Glass IPad or Surface?

#1Dev445Posted 9/5/2013 6:42:08 PM
Picking up one of these next year. Only real reason is for smart glass. Which one of these in your opinion is better for smart glass or just better overall?
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#2Evel138Posted 9/5/2013 6:55:46 PM
Don't make the decision on Smartglass alone. I currently run an Android tablet and Smartglass functions just the same as on my wife's iPad.

IIRC, the Surface platform is currently at rock bottom prices ATM though.......
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#3The_NightwingPosted 9/5/2013 6:56:44 PM
The Wii U tablet or Vita.
#4ElPolloDiablo87Posted 9/5/2013 6:59:06 PM
From what I've seen (and I don't have either so it's all hearsay), iPad is a better tablet than Surface RT, but Surface Pro is much better than iPad if you want a tablet with laptop functionality. I'd imagine that smartglass functions pretty much the same on both.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#56speednissanPosted 9/5/2013 7:00:26 PM
The_Nightwing posted...
The Wii U tablet or Vita.

Lol Vita he wants a Smartglass tablet not a paperweight. Seriously though anything will work for you. I use an iPad and it works great.
#6TheApd_ReturnsPosted 9/5/2013 7:06:46 PM
As someone who has owned an iPad, Surface Pro, and now a Nexus 7... Nexus 7. Unless you intend to do serious document/office work. The larger tablets seem kind of silly after owning a 7.
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF3 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
#7zeroalphamaxPosted 9/6/2013 6:43:30 AM
TheApd_Returns posted...
As someone who has owned an iPad, Surface Pro, and now a Nexus 7... Nexus 7. Unless you intend to do serious document/office work. The larger tablets seem kind of silly after owning a 7.

this. I <3 my nexus 7
#8matt-nicklinPosted 9/6/2013 6:46:06 AM
If you end up getting the ipad get an ipad mini. They are alot better.
---
Black FC 2924 3613 2338
#9Masterchief5525Posted 9/6/2013 6:59:22 AM
matt-nicklin posted...
If you end up getting the ipad get an ipad mini. They are alot better.

Apple products are garbage and an Ipad mini is horrible since it has SD screen in this day and age. Also you can get better and more productive tablet for cheaper.
#10Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/6/2013 7:01:28 AM
I just bought the surface with this partly in mind. I didn't want an iPad but smartglass was a feature I wanted and, ultimately, the Surface just had the better specs for the price. It's a phenomenal tablet and I believe the RT is cheaper than the iPad at the moment, but I may be wrong on that.

Honestly, you probably won't go wrong either way but I would recommend the Surface as that is likely to have newer features of smartglass should Microsoft implement something new where as the iPad may or may not have that implementation.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.