What's better for Smart Glass IPad or Surface?

#31regsantotomasPosted 9/6/2013 12:49:01 PM
This is what I read:

Starting off with the main device in this discussion, the Chromecast is a $35 HDMI dongle that can mirror your computerís display wirelessly over your home Wi-Fi network. The only catch is that the content has to be going through the Chrome Web browser, so youíll be able mirror a website and Google Docs content, but you wonít be able to mirror your actual desktop.
There are slight workarounds for this, though, one being that you can beam a piece of local content by entering the file path into the Web address bar in Chrome to have it show up on your television. This even works for locally-stored videos as well, including .MKV files.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/google-chromecast-is-it-the-cheapest-mirroring-option

Maybe this still doesn't work for your specific scenario.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#32SinisterSlayPosted 9/6/2013 12:57:26 PM
regsantotomas posted...
This is what I read:

Starting off with the main device in this discussion, the Chromecast is a $35 HDMI dongle that can mirror your computerís display wirelessly over your home Wi-Fi network. The only catch is that the content has to be going through the Chrome Web browser, so youíll be able mirror a website and Google Docs content, but you wonít be able to mirror your actual desktop.
There are slight workarounds for this, though, one being that you can beam a piece of local content by entering the file path into the Web address bar in Chrome to have it show up on your television. This even works for locally-stored videos as well, including .MKV files.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/google-chromecast-is-it-the-cheapest-mirroring-option

Maybe this still doesn't work for your specific scenario.

I'd rather it beamed movies and emulators.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#33Reflex-ArcPosted 9/6/2013 1:01:01 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
As someone who has owned an iPad, Surface Pro, and now a Nexus 7... Nexus 7. Unless you intend to do serious document/office work. The larger tablets seem kind of silly after owning a 7.

I adore my Nexus 7. It really is just about the perfect size for a tablet.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#34bob15xPosted 9/6/2013 1:12:34 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
TheApd_Returns posted...
As someone who has owned an iPad, Surface Pro, and now a Nexus 7... Nexus 7. Unless you intend to do serious document/office work. The larger tablets seem kind of silly after owning a 7.

I adore my Nexus 7. It really is just about the perfect size for a tablet.

i have a nexus 7, but for some reason i am eying 8 inch tablets. Need to pick up something soon, my nexus has gotten immensely slow. It hangs up all the time for 10-20 seconds.
#35Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 8:26:26 PM
I'll have to check out the nexus 7. Seems like that's what I'm looking for
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#36grampamurkedPosted 9/6/2013 8:38:34 PM
Apple products are over rated and over priced.
---
New user...long time lurker.