What's better for Smart Glass IPad or Surface?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What's better for Smart Glass IPad or Surface?
3 years ago#31
This is what I read:

Starting off with the main device in this discussion, the Chromecast is a $35 HDMI dongle that can mirror your computerís display wirelessly over your home Wi-Fi network. The only catch is that the content has to be going through the Chrome Web browser, so youíll be able mirror a website and Google Docs content, but you wonít be able to mirror your actual desktop.
There are slight workarounds for this, though, one being that you can beam a piece of local content by entering the file path into the Web address bar in Chrome to have it show up on your television. This even works for locally-stored videos as well, including .MKV files.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/google-chromecast-is-it-the-cheapest-mirroring-option

Maybe this still doesn't work for your specific scenario.
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
3 years ago#32
regsantotomas posted...
This is what I read:

Starting off with the main device in this discussion, the Chromecast is a $35 HDMI dongle that can mirror your computerís display wirelessly over your home Wi-Fi network. The only catch is that the content has to be going through the Chrome Web browser, so youíll be able mirror a website and Google Docs content, but you wonít be able to mirror your actual desktop.
There are slight workarounds for this, though, one being that you can beam a piece of local content by entering the file path into the Web address bar in Chrome to have it show up on your television. This even works for locally-stored videos as well, including .MKV files.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/google-chromecast-is-it-the-cheapest-mirroring-option

Maybe this still doesn't work for your specific scenario.

I'd rather it beamed movies and emulators.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
3 years ago#33
TheApd_Returns posted...
As someone who has owned an iPad, Surface Pro, and now a Nexus 7... Nexus 7. Unless you intend to do serious document/office work. The larger tablets seem kind of silly after owning a 7.

I adore my Nexus 7. It really is just about the perfect size for a tablet.
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
3 years ago#34
Reflex-Arc posted...
TheApd_Returns posted...
As someone who has owned an iPad, Surface Pro, and now a Nexus 7... Nexus 7. Unless you intend to do serious document/office work. The larger tablets seem kind of silly after owning a 7.

I adore my Nexus 7. It really is just about the perfect size for a tablet.

i have a nexus 7, but for some reason i am eying 8 inch tablets. Need to pick up something soon, my nexus has gotten immensely slow. It hangs up all the time for 10-20 seconds.
3 years ago#35
I'll have to check out the nexus 7. Seems like that's what I'm looking for
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
3 years ago#36
Apple products are over rated and over priced.
New user...long time lurker.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What's better for Smart Glass IPad or Surface?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived