Xbox One's first TV commercial

#1DevilTears604Posted 9/5/2013 7:58:02 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/09/05/first-xbox-one-tv-commercial-courts-football-audience.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage

Prepare to rage lol.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#2Ramsus082Posted 9/5/2013 8:05:15 PM
Penello just confirmed that the XboxOne was focused on the casual market. They're trying to reaffirm their commitment to core gamers, but a lot of their ships have already sailed; It's likely that this commercial was planned and signed-off on long before they took a step back and re-commited.
#3DeadLock25Posted 9/5/2013 8:08:33 PM(edited)
Literally on the first page: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67172361

Ill post what I did in that topic:

Yeah this is going to be bashed to no end because "its not game focused" despite this obviously being a commercial for one specific feature (the NFL integration) which is going to be a huge selling point for a lot of casual users. But noooo, MS is not focused on games (if we ignore E3 and gamescom)

So yeah despite this looking promising, nothing good will come out of this as it will inevitable be flooded by the loud trolls screaming "not game focused" because of one feature specific commercial marketed towards one specific group that is not as heavily focused on games as people here are.
---
GT: DeadLock25
#4triple sPosted 9/5/2013 8:08:24 PM
Hmm, a Xbox One commercial centered around sports during the first day of the regular season of NFL....

I'M SO MADDDDDD!
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#5DevilTears604(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 8:11:34 PM
DeadLock25 posted...
Literally on the first page: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67172361

Ill post what I did in that topic:

Yeah this is going to be bashed to no end because "its not game focused" despite this obviously being a commercial for one specific feature (the NFL integration) which is going to be a huge selling point for a lot of casual users. But noooo, MS is not focused on games (if we ignore E3 and gamescom)

So yeah despite this looking promising, nothing good will come out of this as it will inevitable be flooded by the loud trolls screaming "not game focused" because of one feature specific commercial marketed towards one specific group that is not as heavily focused on games as people here are.

I know, I looked on the first and second page and didn't see a topic for this so I went ahead and made it. Then after it sent me back to the board, there the other topic was. I just went "ah hell" lol.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#6NeoMonkPosted 9/5/2013 8:12:54 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Penello just confirmed that the XboxOne was focused on the casual market. They're trying to reaffirm their commitment to core gamers, but a lot of their ships have already sailed; It's likely that this commercial was planned and signed-off on long before they took a step back and re-commited.

You know Don Mattrick signed off on this before he left lol
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator