Halo dev calls MGSV female character design "disgusting"

#161RayconPosted 9/6/2013 1:16:29 PM
ManInGorillaSut posted...
I've seen FAR worse over-sexualized designs. Basically every women in the Soul Calibur games just for starters.

Seriously. Ivy's probably had Quiet beat for years... and they want to start complaining now?
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#162PlanescapedPosted 9/6/2013 1:29:14 PM(edited)
That girls wearing a bikini top and a thong over ripped full-stockings...

Oh, and we can't forget the combat belt an suspenders, that makes it realz. -__-

I wouldn't classify her design as 'disgusting', but it is pretty f****** stupid. Remove the stockings, and all she's wearing is a string bikini.
---
The clouds pass... the rain does its work and all individual beings flow into their forms." The Book of Changes
#163TheApd_ReturnsPosted 9/6/2013 1:23:34 PM
Raycon posted...
ManInGorillaSut posted...
I've seen FAR worse over-sexualized designs. Basically every women in the Soul Calibur games just for starters.

Seriously. Ivy's probably had Quiet beat for years... and they want to start complaining now?

To be fair, pretty sure people have been pointing out her ridiculousness since SC2.
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF3 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
#164scoobydoobydontPosted 9/6/2013 1:29:26 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Japanese character design has always been terrible in my opinion.

---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#165NewMoonShadowPosted 9/6/2013 1:30:09 PM
Raycon posted...

Says people who don't play Soul Calibur games. Most of Soul Calibur's females are actually conservatively dressed for a fighting series, especially compared to some others.

Pyrrha
Talim
Seong Mi-Na
Hilde
Xianghua

I am getting so tired of everyone accusing the Soul Calibur series of having nothing but hypersexualized women just because of Ivy and Taki.
#166OreoBoy206Posted 9/6/2013 1:33:01 PM
I don't even think it's about the showing of skin. Those holey pantyhose just look like they belong on a used and abused diseased prostitute. Take off those nasty pantyhose and leave the bottoms or give her some short shorts so at least she looks like stripper instead of a lady that's been working the corner on meth for the last 6 years.

Even the prostitutes in GTA games keep their pantyhose in better condition than that.. I guess Kojima was going for the "Hookers at the Point" documentary look..
#167PlanescapedPosted 9/6/2013 1:34:09 PM
They could at least give her real pants that don't have her underwear on the outside, and a bolero jacket if they must have erotica... err... 'sexiness'
---
The clouds pass... the rain does its work and all individual beings flow into their forms." The Book of Changes
#168MeghiddoPosted 9/6/2013 1:34:58 PM
Evel138 posted...
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
It really does seem that Japanese developers in particular seem to over-sexualize female characters, but 343 make Cortana pretty curvy in Halo 4 so I'm not sure they should be throwing stones.

"Over-sexulaized female characters" is one of the few things the Japanese do right in general design IMHO.

I'm really getting tired of all the white-knighting on the issue tbqh. I'm a testosterone infused red blooded beast.....I like big fat juicy T&A. Oh that makes me a chauvinistic pig....that's great......now here is a shiny nickle for the two ***** I couldn't give.......

Damn right.
The people who have a problem with it are even worse, the male and female body is nothing to be afraid of. Many westerners were just raised repressed. Japan doesn't have as many hangups about the human form, so they come up with character designs like quiet. I think she's hot, screw what these repressed wimps think.
I guarantee women go more for men who are honest about this kind of thing rather than these weak looking white knights.
---
Currently playing - doctor, with your mom
#169UozzorPosted 9/6/2013 1:36:21 PM
Well the designs are pretty stupid. A female sniper wearing just a thong, bikini and suspenders is just obnoxious, and the justification (selling action figures and "encouraging" cosplay) makes no sense.
I'm not that big on eastern character designs in general (IMO they're either too cute or sexualised) with a few exceptions.
---
That's not a walrus
#170PlanescapedPosted 9/6/2013 1:39:35 PM
There is doin it rite and doin it rong.

The female character designs of Dynasty Warriors 8 are oversexualization done right. Quiet, is done wrong.
---