How the X1 ad should have been.

#1MuryoPosted 9/6/2013 10:11:58 AM
Someone at youtube posted this, I'm not taking credit for it:

"Why didn't Microsoft just show them playing madden 25, forza, or dead rising at the beginning? Then they would have the guy say "xbox, go home" and "play nfl" which would switch to the NFL network. That caters to the best of both worlds. It shows the machine being a gaming hub, and showcases it's multi media features.

But that makes too much sense for MS. All of that could have fit in just 30 seconds."

A random guy has more brains than MS marketing.
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#2Special-EddPosted 9/6/2013 10:26:07 AM(edited)
People know that it is a gaming machine (unless they are being ignorant) and their partnership with the NFL takes precedence over their other advertising since the season is just starting. The ad wasn't targeted at core gamers who have most likely been following the system since E3.

Once the season starts you will see plenty of Xbox One ad campaigns all over the place during games.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#3HypnoCooshPosted 9/6/2013 10:55:52 AM
Because MS really doesn't care about gaming. That's why there is DR3 looking bland and rehashed, RYSE the QTE game, Forza launching not completed, KI not complete, CoD another CoD woo whoo, and Spark I bet dollars to donuts that game flops.
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#4iSkadooshPosted 9/6/2013 10:58:24 AM
HypnoCoosh posted...
Because MS really doesn't care about gaming. That's why there is DR3 looking bland and rehashed, RYSE the QTE game, Forza launching not completed, KI not complete, CoD another CoD woo whoo, and Spark I bet dollars to donuts that game flops.

According to xbots this is the best launch lineup ever... They're so simple it's almost adorable.
#5VoidBeyondPosted 9/6/2013 11:01:12 AM
HypnoCoosh posted...
Because MS really doesn't care about gaming. That's why there is DR3 looking bland and rehashed, RYSE the QTE game, Spark I bet dollars to donuts that game flops.

Holy opinions, Batman!
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN Black2 FC: 2280 6133 3461
#6HypnoCooshPosted 9/6/2013 11:03:50 AM
VoidBeyond posted...
HypnoCoosh posted...
Because MS really doesn't care about gaming. That's why there is DR3 looking bland and rehashed, RYSE the QTE game, Spark I bet dollars to donuts that game flops.

Holy opinions, Batman!

Forza not finished = Fact
KI not complete = Fact
DR3 = Popular opinion are the colors are bland and it's just another rehashed DR zombie game
RYSE = Popular opinion is its nothing but hitting the A button and watching QTE's
Spark = Quirky and looks boring. Did you see the Gamescom demo? We have squirrels!
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#7TBONE_OGPosted 9/6/2013 11:08:36 AM(edited)
HypnoCoosh posted...
VoidBeyond posted...
HypnoCoosh posted...

Holy opinions, Batman!

Forza not finished = Not ture
KI not complete = Not true
DR3 = Popular trolling opinion are the colors are bland and it's just another rehashed DR zombie game
RYSE = Popular trolling opinion is its nothing but hitting the A button and watching QTE's
Spark = Quirky and looks boring. Did you see the Gamescom demo? We have squirrels! But this is my lame opinion so all is moot!

Fixed? FACT.
---
Always O.G.
#8VoidBeyondPosted 9/6/2013 11:09:14 AM
HypnoCoosh posted...
VoidBeyond posted...
HypnoCoosh posted...

Holy opinions, Batman!

Forza not finished = Fact
KI not complete = Fact
DR3 = Popular opinion are the colors are bland and it's just another rehashed DR zombie game
RYSE = Popular opinion is its nothing but hitting the A button and watching QTE's
Spark = Quirky and looks boring. Did you see the Gamescom demo? We have squirrels!

And while you will not be buying an Xbox One, I'll be having fun with DR3, Spark, and Killer Instinct. Too bad you'll be missing out.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN Black2 FC: 2280 6133 3461
#9TBONE_OGPosted 9/6/2013 11:10:19 AM
The X1 ad was aired during a football game, kids. Please understand.

But yes, let this be the new troll topic of the week. Where's the list, guys? Add it.
---
Always O.G.
#10micheal82Posted 9/6/2013 11:11:27 AM
HypnoCoosh posted...

If MS didn't care about gaming why did they spend over a billion dollars getting exclusive games and content? Why did they spend over $100 million on improving a controller that only needed a change to the d pad? I doubt spark is going to flop because it is a free game. The only PS4 game at launch that I want is killzone. Forza is finished the devs were banking on the always online and had to make last minute changes which forced them to release it as one big patch instead of smaller ones over time. DR3 looks like it will be a fun game and Ryse looks to have just as many QTE's as God of War.
---
I can shoot a whole load into a guys face and they just brush it off. - Psquared34