Since most games on Xbox 360 were P2P, why were we paying for Xbox live?

#1lilj812Posted 9/6/2013 9:59:50 AM
I had xbox live on 360 for many many years before finally trading in my final Xbox. Now, I know I spend hundreds of dollars on Xbox live in my lifetime, and I'm wondering... What was that money spent on?

How can anyone say that Xbox live is better for online gaming when it more often than not had NOTHING to do with online gaming since P2P is P2P.

So, no dedicated servers, why was I spending all that money before? And most important, why should I trust them with my money now?
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#2lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 10:06:40 AM
Can anyone tell me why Xbox live gold was around when the online support for games was up to the devs?
---
#3Ch3wyPosted 9/6/2013 10:08:16 AM
Marketplace, apps, yadda yadda yadda.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#4EllesarienPosted 9/6/2013 10:10:20 AM
You want others to tell YOU why YOU did something? Be an adult and answer it for yourself.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#5bob15xPosted 9/6/2013 10:10:28 AM
lilj812 posted...
I had xbox live on 360 for many many years before finally trading in my final Xbox. Now, I know I spend hundreds of dollars on Xbox live in my lifetime, and I'm wondering... What was that money spent on?

How can anyone say that Xbox live is better for online gaming when it more often than not had NOTHING to do with online gaming since P2P is P2P.

So, no dedicated servers, why was I spending all that money before? And most important, why should I trust them with my money now?

most games on ps4 will be p2p so why are you paying for ps+?
#6lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 10:10:47 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Marketplace, apps, yadda yadda yadda.

Those apps SHOULD have been free so I don't count them. I don't like the idea of paying to use YOUTUBE.

And what about the marketplace? We paid for the marketplace servers? Fantastic....
---
#7lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 10:11:31 AM
bob15x posted...
lilj812 posted...

Why pay for PS+? The free games that keep growing every month of course. That's a huge plus over xbox live.
---
#8HypnoCooshPosted 9/6/2013 10:11:31 AM
bob15x posted...
lilj812 posted...

That's not true.
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#9fallangePosted 9/6/2013 10:11:50 AM
Finally an original topic! I have never seen this before! >.>
---
have you heard the news?
the dogs are dead!
#10lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 10:12:13 AM
Ellesarien posted...
You want others to tell YOU why YOU did something? Be an adult and answer it for yourself.

Oh, you can't read. I'll ask the question again, "What was the money spent on?"
---